No announcement yet.

Xavier 12/9 6:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I'm venting, but its just embarrassing to a point! I'm not sure what it's going to take, to get over the hump? In some ways it's not worth playing a game we can't win!

5 in a row now! That's the longest streak in forever. We could have played with 4 players on the floor when Skillings was in the game..

Wes has said Rayvon is not where he needs to be in order to play... How much worse could he have been then Skillings tonight? Just maybe he would have been a spark for the team that sorely needed one tonight!

Comment

• No aficionado here but have a few questions that maybe someone could set me straight on.
      1- As Olivari is Xavier’s only real scoring threat at this point, why wasn’t Newman on him the whole game as someone else queried.
      2- With UC supposed advantage inside, why weren’t we throwing it inside/driving & dishing more to start the game ?
      3- Why when UC took the lead the 2nd half by doing the above did we take 2 straight terrible 3’s (Lahkin, Skillings ?) thus stemming momentum?
      Last edited by SKell82155; 12-09-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post
        No aficionado here but have a few questions that maybe someone could set me straight on.
        1- As Olivari is Xavier’s only real scoring threat at this point, why wasn’t Newman on him the whole game as someone else queried.
        2- With UC supposed advantage inside, why weren’t we throwing it inside/driving & dishing more to start the game ?
        3- Why when UC took the lead the 2nd half by doing the above did we take 2 straight terrible 3’s (Lahkin, Skillings ?) thus stemming momentum?
        Because Wes Miller is not the guy.

Said all of the above myself while watching in real-time. Just a piss poor coaching job. Got behind early by tossing up threes with a hope and a prayer. As is too often the case, one of the Museketeers was having the game of his life from beyond the arc and no apparent adjustment by the coaching staff. Wes is now 0-3 against Xavier. I'd give it one more year and if he doesn't turn things around he's got to go.
        "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
          How about next year we play a couple of good teams before this game. We weren’t ready, because we haven’t really been tested yet. I still think UC will have the better season, glad this is over, and time to move on.
          Howard tested us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Howard tested us.
            True. But I think they could use a better test than that, maybe 2-3 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

True. But I think they could use a better test than that, maybe 2-3 games.
              I do agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post

Because Wes Miller is not the guy.

Said all of the above myself while watching in real-time. Just a piss poor coaching job. Got behind early by tossing up threes with a hope and a prayer. As is too often the case, one of the Museketeers was having the game of his life from beyond the arc and no apparent adjustment by the coaching staff. Wes is now 0-3 against Xavier. I'd give it one more year and if he doesn't turn things around he's got to go.
                Ridiculous. The man is recruiting his butt off. We’re far better now than when he got here.

Comment

• Wes is recruiting for sure, but winning against x needs to start next year .

I get real tired of hearing it matter to X and not to us. BS, it matters to us too. People just
                  say that cuz we lose every fn year. start winning then they'll say it matters. I always think it matters!!

Comment

• I get so sick of some random X player playing his *** off shooting lights out against us every year. What is it that gets their guys so motivated and jacked when they play us. It's not a matter of coaching as far as X's and O's more so than getting the players to play with enthusiasm, intensity, and generally wanting the ball. The entire team every year just stand around looking shell shocked as X is running circles around us and scoring every time they get the ball. Simas and CJ Frederick our so called sharpshooters were all but absent. They were only there taking up space and minutes. I may be wrong but I think I'm not but Frederick had no pts. Zero, zip, nada. The veteran had insight in the points dept. Now the freshman JJ had a career high in the first half. The only ones who came to play were Newman and James. Vic decided to show up after it was too late. Sean Miller said it best that this game is the most important game of the year for them every year. If UC doesn't want to play this game then cancel it. As a long time diehard fan of bearcat bball watching this game every year is the equivalent of watching a Dave Shula coached Bengals team in the nineties as your having a root canal performed. So tired of being humiliated by carpetbaggers, swindlers and miscreants. I say terminate this rivalry of Xavier because it is far from being any rivalry as far as the athletic dept. the coaches, the the players, and the entire staff is concerned. If this game is truly just another game to get better as CWM says it is to the local media then find another opponent for us to be used as whipping boys.
                    If I was a betting man I would have bet that would he illustrious NCAA would not approve Jamille's waiver before this game. We could have used someone who is not so easily intimidated. I don't think he is the type who
                    is easily. I feel better now but I'll never watch another skyline crosstown shootout.

Comment

• Jizzle only played 19 minutes. He’s clearly better than Dede. I hope he doesn’t transfer.
                      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post
                        Jizzle only played 19 minutes. He’s clearly better than Dede. I hope he doesn’t transfer.
                        CWM mentioned playing Jizzle and Day Day together if they both play the way they did tonight. If so, it probably means fewer minutes for CJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by bg703 View Post

CWM mentioned playing Jizzle and Day Day together if they both play the way they did tonight. If so, it probably means fewer minutes for CJ.
                          CWM has to understand CJ's game. While most of the time he played good defensed and actually passed, he must have help in shooting. Plays must be run for him to get open. We had very little, if any, of that last night. I keep on beating this in that the Cats need a leader on the floor. Can it be Newman? CWM with his recruiting ability needs to help his coaching ability by getting a floor general.

Comment

• Just heard CWM from the Enquirer's post game. He said "we wanted it too much". Someone need to tell CWM that UC is the home of Kenyon and his will to win against DePaul. CWM many of us were raised watching Pete Rose. The drive to win at all costs is in our culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

CWM has to understand CJ's game. While most of the time he played good defensed and actually passed, he must have help in shooting. Plays must be run for him to get open. We had very little, if any, of that last night. I keep on beating this in that the Cats need a leader on the floor. Can it be Newman? CWM with his recruiting ability needs to help his coaching ability by getting a floor general.

Perhaps we need to harp on that point more until someone sees it, and takes control. This was discussed on here as recruiting was under way after last season. Who was going to be the leader since JD, MAW, and DD all three were leaving. Maybe Newman needs to be a more focal leader. And you are right in that CWM does not have any plays to free up the shooters. I don't like the style of allowing five guys come down floor and try to find the first open shot. When X was on offense they came down fast, players were in motion, passing was fast, players were quick and working for the pass. Our offense looks like they're all stuck in mud, 70 % of the time the wings are out in the flat waiting on the pass or to trot over to grab the lob, keeping the ball at the top of the key. My real problem is having a guy who seemingly comes out of nowhere, who has no real dog in this rivalry, as He's not from this area, and drops 27 points on us. How do they get this person so emotionally invested in this particular game? Where was this guy in the three losses? Why did he decide to go off on us? In past memories it seems like the same script is played out where after the first half and UC catches their breath and brings the game in close, a X player makes his name known all over the land by having the game of his life. I know I'm still venting this morning but I'm embarrassed that so many UC players decided not to clock into this game defensively and offensively. I long for the days when we we imposed our will on teams. I'm embarrassed to see so many of our players come into this game intimidated and looking like they've just been thrown into the arena with the lions.I said it before but this ain't no rivalry as far as the players are concerned they would rather be anywhere else other than there playing this game. Get rid of it and stop allowing Xavier to whip our a$$ on national television. I'm done now.

Comment

• Ok I am very upset over another loss that should not have occurred. He's my beef!
                                1. that was the worst coaching job of Miller's tenure so far. We have 2 seven footers & Aziz took only 2 shots. Lakhin can make threes when we play cupcatkes but not on the big stage. He should be down low.
                                He was 1-7 on 3pt shots-1 made in the second half. He needs to run some kind of offense other than throwing up 20 30 3 pointer when we can't make them.
                                2. CJ took 4 shots & missed all of them. How does this program consistently get supposedly good shooters & then when they play they are horrible. Do we ever practice shooting the ball /????? He plays 21 minutes & we only get 1 rebound & 1 assist!
                                3. Lukosius was atrocious. 1 of 9 from the field & 3 rebounds. He fouled Olivari after a 3 pt in the closing minutes & was behind him when fouled.17 wasted minutes.
                                4. I think Miller should suspend himself for the next game, the trainer could do a better job. There's never been any discipline from him on offense. Just jack up 3's constantly & hope some go in.
                                5. Jizzle James if for real. Play him a lot more. Newman had one of his best games as a Bearcat.
                                6.Skillings(whom I really like) did not have his best game but he's out there trying.
                                7. STOP PLAYING ALL OF THESE CUPCAKE GAMES. WHEN WE PLAY A TOUGH TEAM WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACT. This is the same crap we had with Cronin & why we could not consistently go deep in the tournament.
                                8. Miller needs to step up big time & develop a consistent offense & defense. Since he has been here, we really have not consistenly upset oppenents ranked higher than us.
                                My personal feeling is Miller needs to get better or get the frick out of here!
                                There are just my personal feelings not a personal attach on any player or coach.
                                Last edited by bearcatjd; 12-10-2023, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X