No announcement yet.

Xavier 12/9 6:30 FS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, this team relies too much on the three point shot. Taking 20 3-pointers when you are not a good shooting team form beyond the arc is insane. They need to develop an offense to get quality shots, something that CWM and his staff have utterly failed to do during their entire tenure. Watching XU on offense last night was frustrating because UC has the players to run good offense but it is either not coached or emphasized enough. The coaching staff should watch the XU offense from last nights game and try to replicate it. They have the players but not the discipline or patience to run it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Howard tested us.
      Yep and it should have a been a big blinking warning light that we aren't cohesive on the road.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Wes is Recruiting his Butt Off as others have said! And we're far better than we were when Wes took over the Program. We have a couple studs coming in next year that will Help the PF Position and clearly make us better around the basket.

However, I do have one complaint about Wes. If?? Something isn't working, like last nights game for a good portion of the time. Why does Wes not change up things in regards to the players on the floor..

Here's where I'm going with this! It obviously does not take a genius to figure out Skillings was having a terrible night. Between poor shot attempts and basically playing outta control for the majority of the game!

Wes talks about using both James and Thomas, and I understand his philosophy giving them both breaks and rotating them.

But? When a game like this needs a boost, and Skillings is FLAT to say the least! Why not play BOTH of them at the same time??????

How many minute's did the two of them log last night on the floor together? Against a smaller lineup like X had, we could have used both of them at the same time!

Am I wrong for thinking this way?

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
          Wes is Recruiting his Butt Off as others have said! And we're far better than we were when Wes took over the Program. We have a couple studs coming in next year that will Help the PF Position and clearly make us better around the basket.

However, I do have one complaint about Wes. If?? Something isn't working, like last nights game for a good portion of the time. Why does Wes not change up things in regards to the players on the floor..

Here's where I'm going with this! It obviously does not take a genius to figure out Skillings was having a terrible night. Between poor shot attempts and basically playing outta control for the majority of the game!

Wes talks about using both James and Thomas, and I understand his philosophy giving them both breaks and rotating them.

But? When a game like this needs a boost, and Skillings is FLAT to say the least! Why not play BOTH of them at the same time??????

How many minute's did the two of them log last night on the floor together? Against a smaller lineup like X had, we could have used both of them at the same time!

Am I wrong for thinking this way?
          No, you're not. In the postgame Wes mentioned getting them both on the court together. This team is light years better than when Wes got here. I think if we have a little more patience we'll be rewarded. I look at the progress of guys like Vik and especially John Newman, that's coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat9796 View Post
            aziz, though he changes some shots for sure, has been a bit of a disappointment, tell me why I'm wrong...expecting too much?
            Do they ever post him up ? Would seem with his athleticism he could maneuver well in the paint but they don’t seem to try. I wasn’t disappointed in him but was in a number of others.

Comment

• Originally posted by bg703 View Post

CWM mentioned playing Jizzle and Day Day together if they both play the way they did tonight. If so, it probably means fewer minutes for CJ.
              I wasn’t that impressed with Day Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Ridiculous. The man is recruiting his butt off. We’re far better now than when he got here.
                Recruiting and coaching are not the same thing. Skell listed several coaching deficiencies in the game that went unaddressed. If Wes doesn't find some success soon he shouldn't be around long.
                "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BearKatz View Post

Skillings was pressing too hard last night. Reminded me of the game we played at Temple a while ago. Bad shot selection and lack of basketball IQ last night. You could tell he wanted to come out and take over the game and he fell on his face a bit and shot us out of some important possessions. We needed him to have more patience on the floor and that didn't happen.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 12-10-2023, 12:34 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Skillings was pressing too hard last night. Reminded me of the game we played at Temple a while ago. Bad shot selection and lack of basketball IQ last night. You could tell he wanted to come out and take over the game and he fell on his face a bit and shot us out of some important possessions. We needed him to have more patience on the floor and that didn't happen.
                    as I keep saying lack of leadership on the court and on the bench. Hugging players after a bad game and making excuses at press conferences doesn't translate to better play. Coaching does hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

I couldn't agree with both you and Longtimefan more! Unfortunately Skillings reminded me of Davnenport last night running up and down the floor throwing up shot after shot.

But?? If we ALL agree Skillings was pressing too hard and outta control, was it not Wes's JOB to reel him in and set him down? Not one time did I see him call a timeout after a horrendous shot and sit Skillings down! He just kept letting him run the floor. At some point you have to put the breaks on!

And when is the right time to have both James and Thomas on the floor at the same time? Wes seems to substitute the same players over and over, regardless if the lineup is working or not. This would be my only complaint with his Coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post

Recruiting and coaching are not the same thing. Skell listed several coaching deficiencies in the game that went unaddressed. If Wes doesn't find some success soon he shouldn't be around long.
                        Sure, have your best players transfer out, lose your two blue chip recruits, hire somebody else and start over. No, we need continuity. It takes time to build a program. Last year JD3 started and played major minutes. This year at Arkansas he’s averaging 3.5 ppg in 13 minutes. Wes played him because he had nobody any better. It takes time, Wes is bringing guys who can win in the Big 12.

Comment

• I think Binturong05's post may be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Comment

• I'm not convinced CWM is capable of coaching in the Big 12. I want to root for the guy, I like his demeanor and his passion for the game and his embrace of UC's tradition but I don't see any offensive strategy gleaned from Roy Williams. And I don't see any defensive tenacity or real time adjustments.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
                              I think Binturong05's post may be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.
                              That’s saying a lot. I’m sure a few accounts I block probably beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post

I wasn’t that impressed with Day Day.
                                Day Day had a solid game: 15 points - 2 assists - 1 steal - 3 turnovers

Jizzle James had: 19 points - 1 rebound - 1 assist - 1 blocked shot - 1 turnover

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X