No announcement yet.

Texas 1/9 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most frustrating aspect of the turnovers is I recall 4-5 times they tried to go up and over to the ball in to Aziz or Vic and could not make the pass. I do like the 'cats physicality though. Disu was complaining to refs all night lobbying for fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
      Our guys fought hard. But its so disheartening when you think about all the turnovers and missed free throws.
      too many tos - when the game was tied in the first half 3 straight and then the frosh was yanked.

Comment

• It was interesting listening to the post game discussion between CWM and Terry. Terry asked hard questions. I could see that Terry respected CWM's position and CWM was cool cause Terry is a Bearcat legend. Terry gave the Coach the last word, but Terry was as CWM says "pissed" especially about guarding the hot handed scorer.

Comment

• Wow! What a great & exciting game. If we make free throws we win. I believe they need to start practicing them alot more!
          At least were very competitive & hopefully trending upward for performance & execution.

Comment

• free throws have been uc's achilles heel forever -some of the turnovers were horrible - inbounding the ball, under texas's basket, uc dribbled it out of bounds, with, basically, no pressure. no timeout, in last sequence? i'm glad that uc competed, but i',m pissed that they made too many mistakes. almost universally, the team that wins makes fewer mistakes - i'm gettting greedy - uc needs to clean it up

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
              It was interesting listening to the post game discussion between CWM and Terry. Terry asked hard questions. I could see that Terry respected CWM's position and CWM was cool cause Terry is a Bearcat legend. Terry gave the Coach the last word, but Terry was as CWM says "pissed" especially about guarding the hot handed scorer.
              Anyone know if the post game shows are archived somewhere?

Comment

• I liked the intensity of the game and I liked seeing the Bearcats competing in a high-level game. Unfortunately, the turnovers and the missed free throws cost us the game.
                I have no complaints about the coaching.

Comment

• After having a night to think on the game: This is a game we could've won, not should've won. The ball movement and motion off the ball has the offense clicking with the team still making adjustments on how to utilize Aziz and Jamile. This team wasn't supposed to be able to win yet; however, they are surprising opponents and fans with a much more consistent offense and pesky defense to be in a position to win games. They are ahead of schedule to be this competitive, so it is to be expected that they make too many mistakes to close out some of these big games with a win. While a win would've been excellent, I am not terribly upset with the loss. They gave their all and were in a position to win it on the last possession. I enjoyed watching this game and feel for the kids to lose such a close, tough game. I am confident they will continue to improve as Jizzle settles in and the team gels. The most pleasing thing to me is the play of Josh Reed. He is earning playing time with defense and staying on the floor for offense too. He just might be the next great lock down defender when Newmann graduates.
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• In the last 2 games it appears that they've learned how to play hard. I hope that continues. They need to improve on the finer points of the game like FT's and TO's because most games in this league are going to be close and every possession matters. I beleved they have the athletes to compete and that it sure seems to be the case. They need to get better at basketball plays though. I hate that they had it in their grasp and lost because wins are so hard to come by in this league where a .500 record will likely get you in the tourney. The fan atmosphere was unbelievable.

Comment

• Reed is really coming along, he’s really well rounded, can shoot the 3, his defense, along with Millie & Jizzle,
                      has been nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                        Reed is really coming along, he’s really well rounded, can shoot the 3, his defense, along with Millie & Jizzle,
                        has been nice.
                        Yes. It's good to seem him rewarded for his hard work and improving his game.

Comment

• still stinging, I said all on wes earlier, not true after reflection, he said too hard to signal in to give the foul, makes me wonder what wes would've said if a player took it upon himself to give a foul at the end
                          anyway, on to Baylor

Comment

• The more I read these threads, the more I think nobody short of a 30 year old Huggins will satisfy some folks. You can't change coaches every 3 years and expect to ever be good. This team is playing better each game but the competition is also getting better each game. They are headed in the right direction and every loss can't just be "This was Wes' fault". They are coming along and his recruiting is getting better every year. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmoney70 View Post
                              The more I read these threads, the more I think nobody short of a 30 year old Huggins will satisfy some folks. You can't change coaches every 3 years and expect to ever be good. This team is playing better each game but the competition is also getting better each game. They are headed in the right direction and every loss can't just be "This was Wes' fault". They are coming along and his recruiting is getting better every year. Enjoy the ride.
                              I concur 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmoney70 View Post
                                The more I read these threads, the more I think nobody short of a 30 year old Huggins will satisfy some folks. You can't change coaches every 3 years and expect to ever be good. This team is playing better each game but the competition is also getting better each game. They are headed in the right direction and every loss can't just be "This was Wes' fault". They are coming along and his recruiting is getting better every year. Enjoy the ride.
                                I agree and he is doing a great job recruiting..

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X