Baylor 1/13 8:00 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

the guards are off guards and good ones. My major complaint - No floor leader whether it be a PG or a PF. In past posts I said it will be interesting to see if the guards can get it into the bigs once we faced good defenses. Your stats proved that they are not yet able. I would like to hear CWM comment on why JJ sat most of the game. Hoping the transfer portal as a playmaking floor leader in the coming off season. NIL money would be well used. We have big wings coming, but you still need someone to take charge of the offense and not just drive. That can be planned for, but good passing and directing is hard to stop.
    I agree with you. This team needs a point guard that knows how to control tempo, can pass the ball, can direct players into the correct positions, can play tight on-the-ball defense, can get the ball into the paint at will, and can hit a shot and his free throws. Also, they need a point guard with some decent size (6'2'' to 6'4'') and strength (think Troy Caupain). Likewise, although Cumberland was not a point guard, Cronin used him as a point guard because as it turned out he was the best floor leader on the team. Good call on the point guard problem.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 01-14-2024, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Joco45215;n410169]
      Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
      ESPN Play-by-Play: Chuckie Kempf / Analyst: Chris Spatola[/QUOTE]

This dude can kick rocks.....absolute jack wagon.....he basically had a baylor jersey on
      I 100% agree. Total bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
        UC shot the ball 61 times against Baylor. The big men had only 11 shots out of the 61. That is only 18% of the overall shots. Against Baylor the guards shot 36% as a group and the big men shot 54.5% as a group. On the season, the big men are shooting 53% as a group and the guards are shooting 42% as a group. Here is the funny part, on the season, the big men only get 27.8% of the overall shots. Here is my question, why NOT get the big men more involved in the offense? That might help to solve some of the scoring problems at the end of close games. Remember Art Long and Dan Fortson? Those guys were a force down low. How about Gary Clark and Kyle Washington? Those guys won a lot of games together. I think UC may have something in Lakhin and Reynolds down low. These guys may be the closest thing that UC may have to some GO-TO GUYS. However, the guards DO NOT GO TO THEM ENOUGH. Remember, the big men took ONLY 11 SHOTS against Baylor. It may be hard to win without the bigs being FULLY involved with the offense.

Also, one more crazy thought. What do you think the current UC team could do if they were STILL in the American instead of in the BIG 12? Just a thought.
        Our guards cannot execute entry passes. That's the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          Leo, I'm a skeptic when it comes to our history of obtaining productive players thru the portal. Our record is not very good. Corporateballa made a very astute comment about the bball IQ of a certain player. I think that could apply to many of these players or the lack of full effort and not following through on certain plays is a result of allowing the players to create their own style. Simas and CJ both are shooters that need plays set up for them to obtain clean looks unless they get the ball out alone with no defender. So to bail out before contact is made to free up Simas or CJ is #1 acceptable, #2 lack of full effort, #3 looking forward to getting the ball back in his own hand ( the pickee ) or # 4 does not fully understand the purpose of picking shooters free to shoot. As most of these guys has been in bball for many years these things are basic bball know how.
          agreed but our recruits are not guards as is Raymont. i don't know where we will get one-- Perhaps a HS but most are taken as are the JC. a good point guard is hard to get in this day of jack em up or drive.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X