No announcement yet.

Oklahoma 1/20 1:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back and watched the 2nd half of the Oklahoma game. UC lost that game in the 2nd half. Oklahoma's guards stepped up EARLY in the 2nd half and took the lead and never looked back. Here is the odd thing. Both Oklahoma's and UC's guard groups each hit for 49 points. The problem was that UC's big men only took 16 shots and hit for 16 points (Lakhin 5, Aziz 5, and Reynolds 6). Oklahoma's big men took 19 shots and hit for 20 points. The difference in the scoring between Oklahoma's bigs and UC's bigs was the difference in the scoring for the game. UC DOES NOT GET ITS BIG MEN INVOLVED ENOUGH WITH THE OFFENSE. Miller has got to find a way to get the ball to the big men. Had Lakhin scored his average, UC gets the win. UC is going to have a very hard time winning games without the big men getting more involved with the offense.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 01-21-2024, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I love Coach Miller in the direction the program is headed. The bearcats don’t have enough offensive talent, yet to compete at the highest level.
      My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

Lahkin does not know how to play with Aziz and Jamille in with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
          Lahkin does not know how to play with Aziz and Jamille in with him.
          Maybe we should look at Aziz and Reynolds in together.
          Last edited by Oldtimer_UC_fan; 01-21-2024, 08:58 PM.

Comment

I don't know what the answer is. Lahkin was definitely intimidated, confused, unsure of what to do, or just was not able to get going offensively because he was too concerned about playing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              I don't know what the answer is. Lahkin was definitely intimidated, confused, unsure of what to do, or just was not able to get going offensively because he was too concerned about playing defense.
              Oklahoma's defense was giving the guards issues. I'll go back and watch again but I didn't see much in the way of pick and roll going on which Lakhin is pretty good at.

They kept double teaming the ball handler off the pick and the entry pass didn't happen or didn't happen when it should have when the guards tried to dump it in. The late pass to the roller doesn't allow Vik to get into his move to the bucket before the defense bodies him and as a result he travels on the catch. I noticed this particularly in the late 2nd half.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Oklahoma's defense was giving the guards issues. I'll go back and watch again but I didn't see much in the way of pick and roll going on which Lakhin is pretty good at.

They kept double teaming the ball handler off the pick and the entry pass didn't happen or didn't happen when it should have when the guards tried to dump it in. The late pass to the roller doesn't allow Vik to get into his move to the bucket before the defense bodies him and as a result he travels on the catch. I noticed this particularly in the late 2nd half.
                Reynolds tried on at lest 2 times, but they were too slow to react and hit him. Simas was guarded by one. he couldn't pull the trigger.

Comment

UC teams have not been able to make free throws for years dating back to most of Cronin's teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                    UC teams have not been able to make free throws for years dating back to most of Cronin's teams.
                    Even Huggins’ teams couldn’t make FTs for the most part. This isn’t something new to UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Even Huggins’ teams couldn’t make FTs for the most part. This isn’t something new to UC.
                      Agreed. This goes wayyyy back. Maybe it's the direction the court is facing. Who knows...
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

And while you can point to any set of factors, e.g., missed 3 pointers, turnovers, etc., when you lose games by a couple of points, and have your opponent shoot fewer free throws (e.g., UC/22, opponent/18) but make more, (e.g., 16 vs 14) that makes a **** of a starting place for improvement!

Comment

• Since conference play has started, Thomas, Skillings, and Simas have taken the most shots on the team. Those ARE NOT UC'S BEST SHOOTERS. Lakhin and Newman should be taking the bulk of the shots. Newman just does not shoot the ball enough. Also, UC needs to play Reynolds more for his offense. On another note, what the bleep is up with Miller NOT playing Oguama in the conference? Does anyone have any insights into why Miller no longer plays Oguama. That guy only plays about 2 minutes a game since BIG 12 play started. He DID NOT PLAY in the Oklahoma game at all. I just do not get it. This is the team's best big man defender on the perimeter and can guard a number of different positions. It really is a shame that Miller does NOT understand the value that Oguama has to the team.

Comment

• Ironically, Ody was the featured halftime interview

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X