No announcement yet.

Central Florida 1/27 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to UC for pulling this one out! Horrible 1ST half only to turn it on in the 2nd half!

Comment

Ody ody ody

Comment

41-18 second half

Comment

I’ll admit when John Newman first got here, I didn’t think he’d be that much for us. Now, he’s one of my all time favorite Bearcats. Also, we’re seeing Dan Skillings grow up before our eyes. Those two were gigantic tonight.

Comment

Five way tie for 8th place at 3-4

Comment

Team is / has been sick. Vik tried to give it a go tonight, per Wes on radio.

Comment

Originally posted by BearKatz View Post
                Congrats to UC for pulling this one out! Horrible 1ST half only to turn it on in the 2nd half!
                Yes I'm excited about the W, but we still need to remain calm. This was a game that on paper we should have won, this is a team that has a depleted roster, are in the bottom half of the conference standings, and with two starters scratched prior to game time with a third fouling out in the upper portion of the second half all with our home court advantage. For all intents and purposes we were beat in the first half. We quit playing when UCF came back from behind and then took a double digit lead, and I am impressed, cautiously impressed with how the 'cats came out in half two.
                Hopefully some maturity occurred and some learning took place this evening. Like someone said we're seeing DS grow right before our eyes. But more importantly they discovered they can win without Vik. We'll see if progress was made in how we come out against WV. Enjoy the win gentlemen!

Comment

For the most part, the FT shooting tonight was solid, except for Aziz. He went 2-for-6, while the others went 15-for-19. As is usually the case, it all depends on who gets to the line.

Comment

Great come-back and great win for the Cats.
                    I love reading all these comments AFTER the game is over, not while the game is going on.
                    This team really should be undefeated in conference play. I certainly didn't expect this level of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post

Yes I'm excited about the W, but we still need to remain calm. This was a game that on paper we should have won, this is a team that has a depleted roster, are in the bottom half of the conference standings, and with two starters scratched prior to game time with a third fouling out in the upper portion of the second half all with our home court advantage. For all intents and purposes we were beat in the first half. We quit playing when UCF came back from behind and then took a double digit lead, and I am impressed, cautiously impressed with how the 'cats came out in half two.
                      Hopefully some maturity occurred and some learning took place this evening. Like someone said we're seeing DS grow right before our eyes. But more importantly they discovered they can win without Vik. We'll see if progress was made in how we come out against WV. Enjoy the win gentlemen!
                      Very good point concerning being able to win WITHOUT Lakhin. So when Lakhin is committing goofy mistakes, Miller can play without him and still win. However, that depends on the match-ups as well. Nothing sends a stronger message to a player than by playing and winning with him on the bench. It may NOT feel like it, but this win was a very BIG win for UC. It is one thing to lose to a ranked team at home, however losing to UCF (no disrespect to UCF) at HOME would have been bad for UC's NCAA tournament chances.

On the other hand, maybe it is much too soon to even think about the NCAA tournament. Let's just think about West Virginia (on the road) for now.
                      Last edited by leeraymond; 01-28-2024, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

Very good point concerning being able to win WITHOUT Lakhin. So when Lakhin is committing goofy mistakes, Miller can play without him and still win. However, that depends on the match-ups as well. Nothing sends a stronger message to a player than by playing and winning with him on the bench. It may NOT feel like it, but this win was a very BIG win for UC. It is one thing to lose to a ranked team at home, however losing to UCF (no disrespect to UCF) at HOME would have been bad for UC's NCAA tournament chances.

On the other hand, maybe it is much too soon to even think about the NCAA tournament. Let's just think about West Virginia (on the road) for now.
                        It is interesting that CWM said he could play ODY due to UCF going small and Ody could handle the defense. He did.

Comment

• I heard two interesting interviews. DS showed his true Jersey style when he spoke about the difference between the Halfs. He correctly stated that UCF had punked them in the first half, but UC got tired of it and started to rebound which wore UCF out. On CWM post game there were changes. They had to speak to CWM about his language as he used ticked for pissed and he said BS and then "Can I say that". The biggest change was the demeanor from Terry. We all know Terry is a friend of E. Martin who didn't get the job and Terry is an important leader of the Bearcat alums. He called CWM a Bearcat last night, That was major. CWM said he appreciated it. Big change.

CWM also said why he keeps SL in. he does the little things which nobody else does. I think he was saying the glue and the closest thing they have to a floor leader. You win with what you have, although I am looking forward to a floor leader playing in the future. Until then, its SL and they hinted at a CJ return.
                          Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-28-2024, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Up 5 spots in the NET (32)

31 in KenPom (71 offensive efficiency, 17 defensive efficiency)

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

It is interesting that CWM said he could play ODY due to UCF going small and Ody could handle the defense. He did.
                              Yeah. That may be "coaches speak". There have been plenty of moments in these past 7 games where Miller could have played Oguama. At 6"7'/ 6"8', there are plenty BIG 12 players that Oguama matches up well with (Adams and Furphy (hit for 22 points) from Kansas, Miller from TCU, both bigs from Houston, and Disu (hit for over 25 points) from Texas to name a few). I believe that UC may have gotten some different outcomes had Miller played Oguama some decent minutes in the Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Kansas games. Oguama brings to every game a toughness and physical style of play that harasses the offense. I would imagine that over the course of a game, that style of play may have a positive impact on a game for Cincinnati.

Also, Oguama is shooting 51% on the season. He does NOT take a lot of shots but he makes about half of the shots that he takes. Why keep Oguama on the bench when the match-ups favor UC? Ask Miller.
                              Last edited by leeraymond; 01-28-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Great win, the crowd was crazy & enjoyalbe game to watch. Our shooting % was up because we did not take alot of 3'. Bring on WVA!.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X