Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post
    is minutes but gave a solid
    Yeah. That may be "coaches speak". There have been plenty of moments in these past 7 games where Miller could have played Oguama. At 6"7'/ 6"8', there are plenty BIG 12 players that Oguama matches up well with (Adams and Furphy (hit for 22 points) from Kansas, Miller from TCU, both bigs from Houston, and Disu (hit for over 25 points) from Texas to name a few). I believe that UC may have gotten some different outcomes had Miller played Oguama some decent minutes in the Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, and Kansas games. Oguama brings to every game a toughness and physical style of play that harasses the offense. I would imagine that over the course of a game, that style of play may have a positive impact on a game for Cincinnati.

Also, Oguama is shooting 51% on the season. He does NOT take a lot of shots but he makes about half of the shots that he takes. Why keep Oguama on the bench when the match-ups favor UC? Ask Miller.
    good points. ODY is a favorite of mine. He didn't cry about his lack of time, but played hard when he was in.

Comment

• Here's the box score:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401603441

Just a suffocating 2nd half defensively for UC. We held UCF to 18 pts in the half. The distribution of minutes was very different with Lakhin out last night. Most of the starting five played 30+ where normally everyone's about 28 . For those on the Ody Oguama train, he had 6 rebounds in 11 minutes last night. Pretty productive.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I've been saying all year CWM over rotates and plays too many guys. He never sticks with 6-8 guys rotationally and seems to sub at every 2 minute spot. It's not enough time for anyone to get used to playing with the 4 other dudes on the floor. With injuries and illness, he's being forced into this now and I think you see some of the fruits of that. I hope he sees that and continues to only play 6-8 pending match ups once we have a full team back.

Comment

• Just an observation - during his post-game shows this season, particularly after losses, Wes often mentions how pi**ed he is. I like the fire, but wondered if it bothered anyone. Last night, he mentioned how “ticked” he was at times and didn’t use the other term. Do you think he got some “guidance” on his language. Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveedwards View Post
            Just an observation - during his post-game shows this season, particularly after losses, Wes often mentions how pi**ed he is. I like the fire, but wondered if it bothered anyone. Last night, he mentioned how “ticked” he was at times and didn’t use the other term. Do you think he got some “guidance” on his language. Just curious.
            Yes I mentioned it in an earlier post. he also said BS and then am I allowed to say that. It seems like he has been guided away from such language.

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Yes I mentioned it in an earlier post. he also said BS and then am I allowed to say that. It seems like he has been guided away from such language.
              Ah - sorry I missed your post. Good to know that I wasn’t imagining it.

Comment

Ah - sorry I missed your post. Good to know that I wasn’t imagining it.
                It was my first thought. He is representing a major University.

Comment

Just an observation - during his post-game shows this season, particularly after losses, Wes often mentions how pi**ed he is. I like the fire, but wondered if it bothered anyone. Last night, he mentioned how “ticked” he was at times and didn’t use the other term. Do you think he got some “guidance” on his language. Just curious.
                  I noticed that, too, and I welcomed it.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X