Oklahoma St. 2/21 7:00 ESPN+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
    Skillings is playing PF for us right now at 6'6" 215 (205 in high school). If you don't like the idea of Betsey at PF, just keep Skillings there. The idea is to be positionless. Sure, bigger players can push Skillings around but he compensates for that in other ways. Betsey might not be heavy enough to play like a traditional power forward, but if we have four athletic guys in the 6'6" to 6'8", 190 to 220 pound range, we can compete on the glass.

Dana Altman had several great teams like that at Oregon. The Nevada team that beat us was built like that.
    Yeah, but those Nevada guys had some weight. Those were not thin guys. Remember the twins (now NBA players)? Those guys have good size. Come on Sedz, you know Skilings is playing out of position. However, Skillings is a very good rebounder, but he cannot consistently guard at the power forward spot. I understand what you are saying about positionless basketball. During Kilpatrick's last year, UC played with a bunch of guys between about 6"3 and 6"9 and that was a very good defensive team. They could not score, but there was nothing wrong with their defense. However, that team played a switching man-to-man defense. I am all for a team where everyone is about 6"6 to 6"8 if they can defend at every position. I am not sure if Miller would employ a defensive system like that. That's where the problem may be. To be truthful with you, I do not believe in Wes Miller's coaching. I have very little confidence in Miller as a coach right now. So, it does not matter the quality of the players if Miller does NOT advance as a coach. So far I have yet to see that. I was a little nervous about Cronin in his 3rd year, but Cronin's teams did not give up a lot of points. I liked that about Cronin's coaching and because of that, I was all for allowing him to serve his contract out. I do not know if I feel the same about Miller. On the other, we have got to give Miller a chance. He is coaching in probably the best conference in the country and there is going to be a learning curve. A better indicator of how good a coach Miller is will be next year. So, let's give the man a chance.

The lineup that you mentioned probably will be put in play sometime during next season. We will see how well it works.
    Last edited by leeraymond; 02-23-2024, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Miller is by far a better coach than what we have over on the football side of the field. As others have said, this is the first year in the Big 12 and the experts did not expect UC to do much. Let Miller build his team to be built for the Big 12.

Comment

• Cody Martin is smaller than Skillings. He's 6'6" 205.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Terry is not the only one with that opinion. And there’s a little more to it than that.
          Dude, don’t leave us hanging !
          Are you writing a book & amping for pre-production
          sales, lol ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKell82155 View Post

Dude, don’t leave us hanging !
            Are you writing a book & amping for pre-production
            sales, lol ?
            I'm waiting until I get the whole story to be honest. I know what happened. I don't exactly know why it happened. I've got a great educated guess as to why but can't confirm it so far.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by sedz View Post
              Cody Martin is smaller than Skillings. He's 6'6" 205.
              Yeah, you are correct. However, that Nevada team was an older very aggressive team. I do not know if Miller can get that type of productivity out of such a young team. However, if nothing else, UC's bench should be light years better than what it is this year. Also, those guys will push the veteran guys very hard in practice. That is what makes a program better. When the guy behind you is trying to take your starting spot, it makes you play with more of a sense of purpose.

It's funny. Those twins look bigger than they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by leeraymond View Post

Yeah, you are correct. However, that Nevada team was an older very aggressive team. I do not know if Miller can get that type of productivity out of such a young team. However, if nothing else, UC's bench should be light years better than what it is this year. Also, those guys will push the veteran guys very hard in practice. That is what makes a program better. When the guy behind you is trying to take your starting spot, it makes you play with more of a sense of purpose.

It's funny. Those twins look bigger than they are.
                Again, I'm not saying a positionless lineup will be ready next year. It was just a response to a question about our bigs moving forward. We don't always need true bigs on the roster.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X