No announcement yet.

2024 Big XII Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shead with three airballs in the first half. ISU up 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
      Shead with three airballs in the first half. ISU up 7.
      Houston's offense has no flow at all and with this crowd it's a home game for ISU. J'wan Roberts did not start the second half
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Houston's offense has no flow at all and with this crowd it's a home game for ISU. J'wan Roberts did not start the second half
        It appears unlikely that Roberts will play. I can see why their 4th big, Lath, rarely saw the floor this season. He's been pretty much a stiff in the past 2 games.

Cyclones up 48-28 at 12:10.

Comment

• This reminds me of the 2019 AAC Championship game. Houston dominated UC twice that season, then didn’t show up in the championship game and lost to UC by 12. Houston went to the Final 4 that year.
          Last edited by longtimefan; 03-16-2024, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• the Cyclones used double teams on defense an awful lot.

Comment

• I was just looking at the box score and I don't think I've ever seen Houston shoot that poorly for 40 minutes. 26% FG 18% 3PT. Lots of teams could have beaten them playing like that. A lot of that is ISU's defense. Some of it was lack of healthy bodies from Houston. To be honest after Roberts went out, I think Houston kind of tanked the game.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I think ISU is nearly as tough as UH on defense, has more ways to score offensively and a deeper bench. I was not suprised they won. I also thought they would get a big lift from the great fan support they had in Kansas City. In fact I took them on the money line on that game for a nice payout. I like their chances in the tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmann View Post
                  I think ISU is nearly as tough as UH on defense, has more ways to score offensively and a deeper bench. I was not suprised they won. I also thought they would get a big lift from the great fan support they had in Kansas City. In fact I took them on the money line on that game for a nice payout. I like their chances in the tourney.
                  I am with you on that one. Iowa State plays almost as good defense as Houston (especially with turning teams over) but they are a better scoring team. Iowa State is probably going to be one of the last teams standing in the NCAAs. I had my money on Iowa State last night.

Comment

• [QUOTE=leeraymond;n413846]

I am with you on that one. Iowa State plays almost as good defense as Houston (especially with turning teams over) but they are a better scoring team. Iowa State is probably going to be one of the last teams standing in the NCAAs. I had my money on Iowa State last night.[/QUOTE

I felt when the Bearcats played ISU, that ISU's defense was elite.....I dont feel as i I seen that type of defense played in any game since Virginia won the title with the on the ball defense a few years ago.....and then back to the old days of Huggins here in Cincinnati.....(his WVU teams never played that way IMO)

I feel ISU if they can keep that up might be raising a title banner next fall
                    L

Comment

• Iowa St isn't very good offensively. They're outside the top 50 in overall efficiency. They closed the season by scoring under a point per possession in 4 straight games. They happened to have a couple of hot shooting nights in the conference tournament though.

But yes, that defense is truly elite. Houston and Iowa St are the two best teams in the country in defensive efficiency.

Comment

• New coaches loved the Big 12 Tournament.
                        New Big 12 Basketball Coaches Rave About Tournament, Kansas City (heartlandcollegesports.com)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X