Outgoing Portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

are you saying Vik is open to the best bid?
    I am not, seeing that I am not sure how that would work with an international student-athlete...

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Came here to day this:

Keep this thread contained to UC players headed out.

For possible incoming players use the portal thread in Basketball Recruiting please.

For NCAA team roster discussion, use the NCAA Tournament thread.

Violators will be shunned and get a boot to the head..... -MGMT
      Hey Labot: I am just reading this message on 4/2/24 at 10:38 am. I responded to Sedz concerning something that had little to do with potential UC players heading out after you posted your message yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        Viktor Lakhin has a new Instagram post with a thank you and goodbye to UC. Seems to be heading home/overseas.

He also posted a story saying one day he’ll make a Netflix special at Fifth Third and said “Don’t boo me then” with a wink emoji.

THANK YOU VIK!
        Lakhin represents the very last member associated with the Brannen era. Too bad what happened to him his last year. UC did NOT get all of the potential out of that guy. I hate to see him leave the way that he did. Anyway, go get them Lakhin. By the way, he has his DEGREE and that is a very good thing. Good luck to you Vik.

Comment

Nice move Lakhin. If he ends up with a program that has an NCAA Tournament pedigree or a great coaching staff, maybe he should give college ball one last shot. What do you all think? If he has a monster season, it really could help his chances at getting an NBA invite or maybe getting to the G-League. You never know.

Comment

Vik's compatriot Vlad Goldin is in the portal, I wonder if they might try to play together.

Comment

Originally posted by sedz View Post
              Vik's compatriot Vlad Goldin is in the portal, I wonder if they might try to play together.
              does MAW have any eligibility, They were tight.

Comment

Where's all of the action we were expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by westside bearcat View Post
                  Where's all of the action we were expecting?
                  That's actually a good question. I was definitely expecting more than just Vik. Night is young.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That's actually a good question. I was definitely expecting more than just Vik. Night is young.
                    I'm hoping players are having 2nd thoughts who expressed an interest in leaving to their position coaches.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Some snippets from Chad Brendel on with Tony Pike today:

"There hasn't been a whole lot of chatter about anyone else (besides Vik)" ... "If you are listening to people that are dialed in in the world of the transfer portal, in the world of college basketball, you haven't heard names of UC guys being shopped around ... Does that mean that none of them are going into the portal? Of course not, but it just means there hasn't been this movement for guys to jump ship. It looked liked this team enjoyed playing together this year...and it feels like a lot of these guys are ready to run it back and see what year two with this group looks like."

Comment

No inside information, but logically I think either Reynolds or Sage is going to enter, but maybe not both.

Sage could be waiting on Reynolds to decide. If Reynolds stays, I doubt Sage wants to spend another year on the bench. But maybe Sage is ready for 10-15 minutes backing up Aziz if Reynolds goes. I know a lot of fans don't think so, but I don't think we've seen enough out of Sage to know either way. If Wes thinks he can contribute, I'll trust in Wes.

It's hard for me to believe Reynolds would stay, he'd have to pull a miraculous transformation (mostly in the effort department) to get ahead of Aziz on the depth chart and I doubt he wants to spend his final year playing 10-15 minutes off the bench.

Comment

I’m not sure Jamille’’s not a better fit than Aziz right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                            I agree physically Reynolds is imposing but I get concerned that he seems to have a low motor or just doesn't go hard all the time. Aziz is a bit awkward but he allways brings the energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                              Jamille seems to be a better post player but I would prefer Aziz hands down.

Comment

If Jamille only had a bit more energy and urgency to his game I would agree. I don't know if Roberts was supposed to be the staff's " center whisperer" when CWM took over but I was telling someone else that Jamille could be very effective if we could find such a person to work these bigs. Of course he would have to show a willingness to put some energy into his play.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X