Maryland and Rutgers to the Big10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearcat25 View Post
    Where would Maryland come up with $50m? Please allow me....

www.underarmour.com
    Post of the year

Comment

I am at the point with this stuff, that I am starting to worry that we will wont have a good spot for basketball.

Comment

It's amazing how a few hours ago nobody knew anything about this and now this guy has St. John's and Georgetown in the ACC. Wild speculation begins.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1203850

Comment

Is the B12 stable? Didn't Texas almost leave last year?

Football would struggle in the B12 I think. WVU falls to 2-5 in conference play after winning the BE (in a 3 way tie-breaker) last year.

Basketball would be fine, but the B12 is no BE conference.

In all honesty, we would probably be better off in BE ...aka... CUSA 2.0. That assumes the basketball only teams don't jump to other conferences like the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
            If all this comes down and we are the odd man out at the end, maybe we should just drop football and dedicate our resources to basketball. I'm really fed up with all this s___.........
            You sound like the faculty circa 1987....
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              You sound like the faculty circa 1987....
              Yes, but that was just frustration talking. I'll be better tomorrow and in my seat on Friday night.

Comment

I read an article yesterday (sorry, don't have the link anymore) where it stated that North Carolina may move with Maryland to the Big 10.
                Keith Wedinger
                Bearcatnews.com Administrator
                Twitter: @jkwuc89

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
                  Don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting a little fed up with all this conference re-alignment k___. Even though we lost, we still had a good football game today.

I just want to enjoy the rest of the season. Can't they hold it till later? Whoever they is.
                  Agreed. I'm tired of this crap. Let's just get it all over with instead of every year, there is more conference raiding.

I feel like banging my head against a wall.

All I know is that if Rutgers and UConn leave, UC and UL need to get the heck out of the BE ASAP.
                  RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                  CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat-in-Italy View Post
                    Is the B12 stable? Didn't Texas almost leave last year?

Football would struggle in the B12 I think. WVU falls to 2-5 in conference play after winning the BE (in a 3 way tie-breaker) last year.

Basketball would be fine, but the B12 is no BE conference.

In all honesty, we would probably be better off in BE ...aka... CUSA 2.0. That assumes the basketball only teams don't jump to other conferences like the ACC.
                    I don't think the ACC will add any BB only schools. ND is the lone exception for obvious reasons.
                    Last edited by RedRocker; 11-18-2012, 12:17 PM.
                    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Rumor is UofL and UCONN will go to the ACC after Maryland and Rutgers go to the Big10.
                      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Georgia Tech is now in the conversation instead of Rutgers to go to Big10

Comment

I'm done. I'll always be a UC fan and proud of my alma mater, but I really don't care any more about conference affiliation any more.

Comment

Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post
                            Georgia Tech is now in the conversation instead of Rutgers to go to Big10
                            Another rumor has FSU bolting to the SEC if the ACC loses anybody.

Comment

We'll know in the morning. Maryland's Board of Regents votes on the move on Mon. morning.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Can UC even afford the Big East exit fee?
                                U.C. Law '09

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X