Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVA and GT headed to B1G?

Kevin Jones ‏@Mr_KevinJones

Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

The door is now open folks..
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
    Kevin Jones ‏@Mr_KevinJones

Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

The door is now open folks..
    I can only hope this is so, so, true - but I will believe it when I see the press releases from the schools and the Big10.

Comment

is that the same kevin jones who played for huggins last year at wv? i think you can find about anything you want on twitter.

Comment

What about FSU and Clemson? I thought that they were the ones moving. Did they get squeezed out?

Comment

damn it, somebody call kevin and find out!

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
            What about FSU and Clemson? I thought that they were the ones moving. Did they get squeezed out?
            They are supposed to be headed to the B12.
            RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
            CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Wow! Let's go ACC. That would be the best Christmaspresent I ever received Santa, thank you.
              JDBearcat
              RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

Lobot, your always so cloak and dagger How confident in this news are you?? Or you just sharing someone elses blurb and are impartial to it's actual truthfulness?/

Comment

That's still 50m they have to come up with until the lawsuit outcome is known.

Comment

The 50mil will never be a deterent to anyteam leaving the ACC if they are going to B1G, SEC or even the Big12. So many different ways to get around that issue or setup a payment over several years, etc.. Those buyout clauses never have to be paid in one lump sum. In this day and age, the only true deterrent to switch conferences is what the Big12 did.

Comment

I am sorry, read the title wrong. So, FSU and Clemson still may move to the Big12? The ACC is really becoming the Big East. However, I have an old girl friend who lives close to Clemson and is a big fan. So, if they stay in the ACC, maybe a place to stay during road games. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post
                        Lobot, your always so cloak and dagger How confident in this news are you?? Or you just sharing someone elses blurb and are impartial to it's actual truthfulness?/
                        It's a blurb from a reputable source. How confIdent that It's real? 50/50

I'm only cloak and dagger when I'm protecting info from a paysite whose TOS I don't want to violate.

This is not a paysite source.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The GT prez seems to be going out of his way to deny these romors

Comment

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ence-expansion

from an Ohio State site, take it for whats it worth. I don't know if this site reputable or not. There is too much smoke, the ESPN announcers said it something about this Monday things being announced. Something is getting ready to go down, but when?

My belief is if some ACC teams leave the ACC believes they have UC and UCONN in their back pockets, and will add them when needed.
                            Last edited by True Bearcat; 12-01-2012, 11:52 PM. Reason: added thoughts.

Comment

Santa Ono...Please do not send us to the ACC.

We will be right back to the same situation that developed in the Big east. The big money schools will not want to share their bounty with teams from a league that they find lacking in many area, eith real or perceived.

Get us into a league that will be one of the last four, 16 teams conferences standing.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X