No announcement yet.

UVA and GT headed to B1G?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This conference realignment is starting to remind me of the tech stock boom on the late 90s. Craziness and no logic behind all the moves. Tradition means nothing any more....its all about the potential dollars to be made. Might have the same impact as the tech boom in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by jnewyouth View Post
      It is Monday and no press conferences have been called.
      I'm getting worried nothing will happen in time to keep Butch Jones around.
      I wouldn't worry about keeping Butch. I doubt what happens with the conference affiliation affects his decision - it seems he's already made up his mind that it's time to cash in his coaching stock (otherwise I would think the interviews at PU and CU would have been a little more discreet) - either way, he'd be moving to the PAC-12 or B1G... if UC goes to the ACC, those conferences are bigger $$ and more stability - so we'd still be perceived as small potatoes relative to Colorado or Purdon't.
      UC needs to do what they do best and find the next up-and-coming coach and keep moving forward.

Comment

I dont think its going to happen today or for awhile. It's too quiet and too many admins denying the rumors.

Plus -I think people are watching the Maryland Exit fee lawsuit.
        Last edited by Bearcat22; 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I've honestly gotten to the point where I don't care if the coach leaves. I haven't lost any sleep with the coaching rumors going on this time around.

Why we should expect a guy to stick around for the facilities and conference that Cincinnati football can offer is beyond me. Just accept that this job is a revolving door and keep trying to hit home runs with each hire. Until they land in a real conference, move to PBS, get a more passionate and much larger fan following etc... it won't really matter.

Good luck to Butch Jones. Bring on the future ex-Bearcat coach.

Comment

Originally posted by DMoney_70 View Post
            I've honestly gotten to the point where I don't care if the coach leaves. I haven't lost any sleep with the coaching rumors going on this time around.

Why we should expect a guy to stick around for the facilities and conference that Cincinnati football can offer is beyond me. Just accept that this job is a revolving door and keep trying to hit home runs with each hire. Until they land in a real conference, move to PBS, get a more passionate and much larger fan following etc... it won't really matter.

Good luck to Butch Jones. Bring on the future ex-Bearcat coach.
            Yep, think you're spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't get worked up about coaches leaving anymore...at least not in our current state. Our athletic dept has A LOT of work to do and there's no time to waste. We need passion and leadership from the AD's and President's office......that means engaging the alums, the community at large, and the business community. It means laying out for everyone to see a bold vision & strategic plan to get us to the next level. I believe people will respond if there's a plan and real leadership.

Comment

Elite Sources ‏@Elite12Football
              Sources: GaTech will have press conference on Tuesday to announce move to B1G. The B1G is talking to 4 other schools for #16 school.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Elite12Football

They only have 19 followers. I doubt they would be breaking such huge news. Hope I'm wrong because we're next man in if someone leaves the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                  https://twitter.com/Elite12Football

They only have 19 followers. I doubt they would be breaking such huge news. Hope I'm wrong because we're next man in if someone leaves the ACC.
                  I should have checked the source...but I'm not much of a twitter guy.

Dang. I was getting stoked too.

Comment

Yeah, and they just Tweeted Jim Tressel to coach Tennessee. Killed this guy's credibility. After Bruce Pearl, Tennessee is staying as far away as possible from the NCAA.

Comment

So will we recant if this dude is spot on?
                      In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                      Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Only been tweeting since Friday.
                        Last edited by 86 Bearcat; 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian H. View Post
                          I guess my thoughts are that the ACC is much or likely than the Big 12. There have been no rumors of Big 12 expansion other than talk of the top tier ACC football schools. We are not even close to the football level of Florida St and unless there is a Powerball winner donating to UC soon we can't get there financially without bankrupting everything else. If the ACC comes calling I am not turning that down for the off chance that I can get into the Big 12 in a few years.
                          I'm with you on not waiting. I live in Kansas City and was told the other day that Cincy was mentioned for Big 12. Radio said that big 12 actually does want to expand. Supposedly they are waiting on FSU and ND to make decisions. If FSU won't leave ACC or goes to SEC or if ND won't drop their ACC deal then Cincy would be a good candidate to pair with WVU.

I wouldn't give it anymore weight than all the other rumors but it was good to hear our name mentioned.

My hope is that we are next on the realignment merry go round and agree we should go to whomever comes calling. Big 12 would be my first choice because I think they will ultimately survive while the ACC will always be threatened. But who knows.
                          Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Originally posted by CincyBearcat95 View Post
                            I'm with you on not waiting. I live in Kansas City and was told the other day that Cincy was mentioned for Big 12. Radio said that big 12 actually does want to expand. Supposedly they are waiting on FSU and ND to make decisions. If FSU won't leave ACC or goes to SEC or if ND won't drop their ACC deal then Cincy would be a good candidate to pair with WVU.

I wouldn't give it anymore weight than all the other rumors but it was good to hear our name mentioned.

My hope is that we are next on the realignment merry go round and agree we should go to whomever comes calling. Big 12 would be my first choice because I think they will ultimately survive while the ACC will always be threatened. But who knows.
                            You make a lot of sense. To me it looks like if the ACC loses any more teams, we will be in the ACC, if not we will be in the big 12. I would expect to be in one or the other for the start of the 2015 season.

Comment

ACC is a basketball power with weak football. If FSU leaves its basically the big east for football again. I would rather be in the Big12 and play competitive teams every week. They arent to shabby on the bball side either. If i were being recruited and heard i would get yo play against texas, kstate and oklahoma i would i would be ecstatic in stead of hearing im going agains pitt, nc and duke.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spinal2008;215620]ACC is a basketball power with weak football. If FSU leaves its basically the big east for football again. I would rather be in the Big12 and play competitive teams every week. They arent to shabby on the bball side either. If i were being recruited and heard i would get yo play against texas, kstate and oklahoma i would i would be ecstatic in stead of hearing im going agains pitt, nc and duke

Even if that were the case, and there are many non big 12 schools who clearly recruit competitively without their affiliation, a conference move impacts a lot of other sports other than just football. Whether the football fans like it or not, they're better off against schools in closer proximity, and in fact size. Thus, the acc configuration is a much better fit. WV will/is finding that out.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X