More Big Ten movement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cincycpaw View Post
    Your signature is appropriate. Not to be.....but here I go!!!
    haha. I'm just guessing at this point, but its the best guess I have.
    Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Why is no one asking for the Big 10 to take us on.

I have always said that our best fit is in that conference.

With the mees that is conference restructuring, anything can happen.

Whit...get us in the Big 10!

Comment

it might be our average fball attendance of 25k.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
          it might be our average fball attendance of 25k.
          Nope, it's the fact that it wouldn;t bring any more TV sets. That's it. They can pretend there are other factors, but there are not.

Comment

We wouldn't bring more access to the BTN but we would open the door to many more eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Otto View Post
              We wouldn't bring more access to the BTN but we would open the door to many more eyes.
              I think BTN is already on most cable and satellite systems in the area so they already have the penetration into this market. If I have TWC, I'm already paying for it. They could probably care less if I watch it. As long as I'm paying for it, they're good.

They are seeking new markets like ATL with GT or getting a near monopoly on DC with UVA (and MD) and getting BTN on their basic/standard tier of programming. Say they are getting $0.33 per month per subscriber which is $4.00 per year times say 2.5M subscribers in those markets each. Those are conservative numbers, but that's an additional $20M/year in cable rights fees for BTN minimum.
              Last edited by RedRocker; 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM.
              RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

Originally posted by cincycpaw View Post
                Nope, it's the fact that it wouldn;t bring any more TV sets. That's it. They can pretend there are other factors, but there are not.
                that's the primary driving force for expansion correct, but as we found out with lvl and the acc, 25k is a threshold which makes you the fat girl in the room. don't believe it doesn't' have some bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                  I think BTN is already on most cable and satellite systems in the area so they already have the penetration into this market. If I have TWC, I'm already paying for it. They could probably care less if I watch it. As long as I'm paying for it, they're good.

They are seeking new markets like ATL with GT or getting a near monopoly on DC with UVA (and MD) and getting BTN on their basic/standard tier of programming. Say they are getting $0.33 per month per subscriber which is $4.00 per year times say 2.5M subscribers in those markets each. Those are conservative numbers, but that's an additional $20M/year in cable rights fees for BTN minimum.
                  Advertising dollars depend on eyes watching.

While you are right about the box being important to TWC, the amount of huge advertising will always be dependent on viewership.

Comment

to$u would never allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyEngGrad02 View Post
                      haha. I'm just guessing at this point, but its the best guess I have.
                      Hey, with this morning's news I'm looking more right than some of you thought.
                      Not to be a debbie downer, but it's not all good attention.

Who cares. It is national attention. UC's basketball program needs attention in just about any way it can get it.

Comment

Except you said the BIg east gets rid of the catholic schools...not the other way around.

Comment

You need to change your BCN handle to Nostradamus It's available.

Red Rocker
                          CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

To no one's surprise, I would guess, the B1G is looking over the landscape to the South and East for further partners (& possibly Midwest, but don't get your hopes up). They could get eventually to 20 teams:

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

I still think the ACC may be the safest bet for us if invited. Sure, they may lose GT and UVA, mayve FSU & Clemson, but I could see the B12 getting poached (Texas, TT, OSU, OU) by either the B1G or PAC12 and if the B1G goes after Kansas, then KSU, ISU, Baylor and TCU are screwed.

Just my $0.02. Mr. Toad's (Delaney) Wild Ride is far from over.

Red Rocker
                              CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

it's interesting to see kansas mentioned by a nebraska website. i think wishful thinking to renew their rivalry.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X