Semper ubi sub ubi

Comment

Notre Dame Fighting Irish to Give America 12 Chump Change

I have a problem with the arrogance:
      http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...-chump-change/
      Guess I'll have to get over it.

Comment

Notre Dame announces defection from Big East Conference

Notre Dame announces defection from Big East Conference, effective in 2013-14 season
        http://www.nj.com/college-basketball...departure.html

Comment

Big East, Notre Dame agree on exit

Andy Katz:
          It was reported earlier Tuesday that Notre Dame and the Big East had negotiated a $2.5 million exit fee for the Irish. However, Notre Dame will not have to pay.

Sports Illustrated reported Monday night, however, that Notre Dame was not required to pay an exit fee because the school agreed not to seek any of the league's exit and entrance fee revenue of about $110 million accumulated in the past few years. A source confirmed those terms to ESPN on Tuesday morning.

Of the Big East's $110 million, about $10 million was given to the departing Catholic 7 schools, with $15 million going to lawyers and consultants, sources said.

That leaves an estimated $85 million to be distributed between the remaining members (Cincinnati, Connecticut and South Florida) and the league's incoming members scheduled to join in 2013 and 2014.
          http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...early-join-acc

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post
            I have a problem with the arrogance:

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...-chump-change/
            Guess I'll have to get over it.
            I understand what you're saying, but this league really is going to to be the laughing stock of college sports.

I want UC out of this conference as soon as possible, too. That might make me arrogant towards the rest of the "America 12" but so be it.

Comment

So does this mean our 30 million jackpot just increased? Or was ND never included in that figure to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
                So does this mean our 30 million jackpot just increased? Or was ND never included in that figure to begin with?
                Sounds decreased to me, once all the lawyers and consultants get paid off, by the sound of that last article.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Cat View Post
                  I understand what you're saying, but this league really is going to to be the laughing stock of college sports.

I want UC out of this conference as soon as possible, too. That might make me arrogant towards the rest of the "America 12" but so be it.
                  Agreed... the Big East was already the butt of every joke, it's just going to intensify.

Comment

Originally posted by East side Bearcat View Post
                    We'll never see $30M after the "consultants", i.e. thieves, get done hashing this out. We might see $20-25M payable over a few years.

My question is do we still get that money if we head off to the ACC or B12 sooner rather than later? I hope the 3 of us (UC, UConn and USF) are looking out for OUR best interests instead of placating the whiny newbies. I'm so sick of the whining from Memphis, Houston, East Carolina and UCF fans over at CSNBBS. SMU and Temple fans don't seem to complain as much as those 4 fanbases
                    RIP #12 Greg Cook (1946-2012)

Red Rocker
                    CoB '90 MBA '04

Comment

I would think that if when we leave that we would forfeit the rest of the money owed as it is paid out over years.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X