Is Reallignment On The Horizon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Reallignment On The Horizon?

I know this subject has been hashed and rehashed, but I am compelled to ask again. I hate to say it, but my support hinges on this subject. I can't help but feel that, presently, UC is treading water in the ocean of money filled with sharks of all kinds. My days are running out, as I wait for UC to be included with the Big Boys. Also, I have a feeling I'm not alone. I am tired of acting like we are one of them, when in reality we are no better off then Southern Miss, Tulane, Toledo, or Ball State. I need a carrot thrown my way. I want to believe! I don't even care if it's a rumor--give me something!

Hard to say right now. I think we're basically waiting on Texas to do what ever is it their going to do with the football, basketball and baseball coaches first and then the new AD, Steve Patterson probably has to decide whether he wants to be on the side of expansion or not.

One notable development from yesterday. Chip Brown at Orangebloods, who has eventually gotten everything right with Texas so far, reported that Texas interviewed Charlie Strong yesterday.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am not sure if Charlie will want to go to TX. He has all of the love that he wants at UL and an easy schedule. Too much demand at TX for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
        I am not sure if Charlie will want to go to TX. He has all of the love that he wants at UL and an easy schedule. Too much demand at TX for him.
        You are neglecting to mention 1 thing in favor of Texas:

$

Comment

Originally posted by cincycpaw View Post
          You are neglecting to mention 1 thing in favor of Texas:

$
          I'm sorry but that is not correct. The correct answer is

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.......

Comment

Conference title game decision

Texas does not want to expand the Big 12 (currently at ten) and it may not matter what they want. They want a shot at the four team playoff. If the only way to get to the Playoff is to win conference championship game, then the Big 12 will expand. Expansion will add enough tv dollars to make the revenue the same for teams like Texas. They will get creative allowing new members a little less or or something because they are not giving up what they have. The money will be resolved.
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Rumors are floating that in 2 weeks or so ACC could be talking about inviting Uconn and UC to the ACC to have 16 team football and 17team basketball. Again, just rumors from this guy: https://twitter.com/B1GConn/status/418604864323977216

Comment

I heard rumors that at the Belk Bowl there were whispers of an impending B12 invite from some very prominent UCats donors during the cocktail hour.

Either way I would be VERY pleased but I feel like I would greatly prefer the ACC.

Comment

These are encouraging rumors! I'd be happy with either one The Pros and cons of either greatly outweigh the AAC - i.e. the money!

I do believe that SMU and Memphis will find a home in Big 12 if UC and UConn go to the ACC. I believe UConn and ACC is a lock when expansion comes.

I do feel a bit for Central Florida. I cannot see the ACC downsizing in any way, Fla State or Miami, leaving the Big 12 as their only option. I cannot see a fit with the Big 12 if their fans didn't want to travel to Arizona, will they travel to Iowa or Kansas? I know the B1G wants to get into Florida as well, so maybe they forego the rule of states being contiguous.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Let's get the realignment bon fire growing!
                  Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Hard to get excited about any of these rumors until there is a real media outlet talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                      I heard rumors that at the Belk Bowl there were whispers of an impending B12 invite from some very prominent UCats donors during the cocktail hour.

Either way I would be VERY pleased but I feel like I would greatly prefer the ACC.
                      Take it for what it is worth, but I have heard the same thing from the inner circle. It sounded like they thought the timing would be in the next month.
                      I am hopeful as they have talked about it for a while, but now seems to be on a timetable which is promising.
                      Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold

Comment

I think the push for 16 teams in four power conferences is coming soon. The Big 12 is the most vulnerable. The ACC taking UC and UConn would be a great move (no legal baggage with already built in rivalries with ACC schools). Let the Big 10, SEC and Pac 12 pick apart the Big 12 to get to 16 teams and deal with the GOR legal battles.

Comment

I don't know where exactly the source came from but I saw a rumor elsewhere of The B1G announcing it is inviting Virginia and Georgia Tech on Monday. Again, I have very very very little faith in this and give it about a 2% chance... but this is a rumor thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dbernie41 View Post
                            I don't know where exactly the source came from but I saw a rumor elsewhere of The B1G announcing it is inviting Virginia and Georgia Tech on Monday. Again, I have very very very little faith in this and give it about a 2% chance... but this is a rumor thread.
                            These are both retread rumors from last year. Not saying it won't happen or the info is not current but seems odd. Now if on the hypothesis front, If B1G + UVA +GT = ACC - UVA - GT + UC + UCONN it makes perfect sense. A word problem is next. There will be a test on this immediately after the BCS Championship.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It looks like the latest rumor was started by a UConn fan that has been banned from their board for similar groundless posts. Hope this one is right, though.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X