No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh, Could Big12 be expanding!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Not only the 5/3 put downs but the Nippert bashing. There are several P5 programs (the lower tier) that have worse stadiums and attendance is much worse than UC. As we on this board know, the expansion is for TV markets, recruiting grounds, expansion of markets. As stated, the B1G added two basement feeders that will not help their strength at all.

However, those two teams got them into the DC and NY markets. I believe that there are more B1G alumni in those markets than any other conference thus a new demand for the B1G Network.
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-15-2014, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anbuc88 View Post
      The guy is a moron and has no clue about what he is writing about. He must think Rutgers great football tradition got them into the B1G. Conference realignment is not fickle enough to be based on the results of an isolated football campaign. To even infer so shows a complete lack of understanding of the process.
      I agree that one bad football season SHOULD not disqualify UC from an upgrade in conferences, but, suppose this guy's right? What happens if UC gets passed over AGAIN? I would be very disappointed. If that scenario were to play itself out, I think I'd lose all hope for advancement of athletics. There's only so many times you can get kicked while you're down before you stay down for a long time (if you ever can get back up). UC getting passed over in another round of realignment could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
      With that said, at this point, the only thing anyone can do is prove to the big conferences that even though UC is having a rough time in football this season, we (the fans) will stick around and still give what support we can to the football program - because that will demonstrate marketability despite the team's success, which could lead to $$ for a (new) conference regardless of how well the football team competes. (hope that made sense - it did in my head, but I'm not sure now that I typed it out).

Comment

Relax, one bad season is being had by many teams. Some at the top of the ladder. We've still got half a season left, and can wins some more ball games. What hurts is when the fans jump off the bandwagon and quite supporting the program. That clown that wrote that article is a nobody. However, the internet gives everyone a forum. Having been to a lot of other div. 1 bball arena's, his comment about shoemaker is dead inaccurate. It might not be state of the art, but as is pointed out above it's above what a lot of schools have right now. Don't believe the hype. Fans in the stands are far more important than the arena itself. There are a lot of schools with newer arenas that can't fill them up as well so it's now a slam dunk to have a nice arena. It's far more complicated than that.

Comment

Well 'the big12 showcase' is on fox sports Ohio - right before 'bearcats sports weekly.' Pretty sure that's a clear sign.

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
            Well 'the big12 showcase' is on fox sports Ohio - right before 'bearcats sports weekly.' Pretty sure that's a clear sign.

How do programs running next to each other provide a clear sign? I don't know the programming history. Were the programs moved to be next to each other? Is the Big 12 Showcase a new program?

I'd like to understand how the two are related? Thanks!
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

I'd like to understand how the two are related? Thanks!
              sorry - i broke rule #1 of the internet: 'no sarcasm on the internet'

all facetiousness - there's obviously (at least i thought it was obvious) no connection between fsnOH programming and getting into a conference.

...or is there???

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
                sorry - i broke rule #1 of the internet: 'no sarcasm on the internet'

all facetiousness - there's obviously (at least i thought it was obvious) no connection between fsnOH programming and getting into a conference.

...or is there???
                No the rule you forgot is if your using sarcasm you must put a smiley face after your comment.. than it makes anything you stated prior to the smily all a bunch of bull ****!! see !!

Comment

http://csnbbs.com/thread-710187.html

Comment

I am not quite sure what
                    "The only movement that is possible right now is from some of the secondary-level conferences that might move people into one of the five high profiles."
                    means. Of course the only movement right now is going to be universities from the non p5 going to the p5. I do not see much raiding right now of the current p5 conferences. Of course the Big12 or any other p5 conference that wants to expand wants to add a Florida State or Miami or Clemson or some other major program but I do not see the raiding happening right now. Even the BIG's last move, they went after bottom dwellers just for the TV markets.

Comment

I think that's exactly what he is saying. There will be no major conference mergers and probably no major conference individual raids until we get closer to new TV contracts. There is no point in paying todays exit fees until those funds are guaranteed to be recouped. What we might see is secondary conference moves to P5's, which is exactly OUR opportunity. P5's are more concerned with TV markets and exposure than they are the quality of the athletic departments of those universities. Ideally they can get both but its not the driving force.

Comment

Here we go again....

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sport...t-adds-schools

Comment

Originally posted by True Bearcat View Post
                          I can't see East Carolina getting into a power conference before Uconn. Granted Uconn's football program isn't much but their basketball program is top 5 in the country. I can't see them in Conference USA and USF, UCF and East Carolina moving ahead of them. I know it is about tv markets and recruiting but I don't see East Carolina bringing much of either so I could see them swapped for Uconn.

Comment

Update from Frank the Tank. Good read.

http://frankthetank.me/

Comment

Nothing new far add information is concerned except the Big 12 said no to BYU in regards to the article. I would also think that the Big 12 has a tighter timeline for expansion than the one given. Buy what does anybody know?
                              In loving memory, I will be a fan for both of us.
                              Cody- Oct 25th 1987 to Jan 1st 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by mjv780 View Post
                                I think it's funny that the commissioner is trying to get a GOR in place for the AAC... if UC signs on to anything like that, that would be stupid. It's one thing to have a GOR when there's big money involved (like the P5 conferences are making), but when we're getting a small percentage of the schools in those P5 conferences, it's ridiculous to try to get a school to sign on for such a relatively small money conference. It's like the AAC commish sees what the P5 conferences are doing and just keeps mimicking them, not understanding why they are doing what they are doing. The AAC is NOT a P5 conference, as much as he tries to make it seem like it
                                Agree nothing could be stupider than signing a GOR with AAC.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X