Uh-Oh, Could Big12 be expanding!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-Oh, Could Big12 be expanding!?

Hearing new regime at Texas coming to terms with B12 adding 4 teams: UCF, Cinci, UConn and.......East Carolina. No kidding, East Carolina.
    Last edited by 98bearcat; 10-02-2014, 02:58 PM.

Well I went back and he has put up another post hinting towards expansion::

User Actions
    Follow

Tuxedo Yoda
    ‏@TuxedoYoda
    Told by an athletics guy in Austin & an East Coast media/website guy that realignment is about to start popping again.
    Reply Retweet Favorite More
    3:49 PM - 2 Oct 2014

Comment

Tuxedo is usually pretty on the mark when the school in question is Texas. I was hoping this might happen once Texas replaced everybody. Sounds good to me. I wonder what WV thinks about having to play ECU every year.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

OMG ... you mean the Mountaineers might be coming to Nippert again? You'd think they'd never seen white lit'nin because they sure don't know how to handle beer!

Comment

Not sure I follow the surprise with ECU. They have as good of football tradition as we do and we'll be very lucky to beat them this year. They were on the ACC watch list for expansion. The rest of their sports are far inferior to Power 5 programs but not football in my opinion.

Comment

OMG! Please let this be true. If so Christmas will come early for the Bearcats.
            JDBearcat
            RIP Pat Cummings

Comment

Putting aside the fball ramifications, putting cincy and uconn with the current big 12 slate is a nice league.

Comment

Tuxedo Yoda is a joke. I don't believe a word this joker says.

Comment

Noticed Santa Ono follows this guy on Twitter. Not sure if there is any meaning to that or not. Probably not, but I fount that interesting.

Comment

Whether this guy is legit or not, this could be good news for UC, just from a money perspective. The income any of the P5 conferences bring to their members far surpasses anything the AAC can provide, and CASH IS KING. I'm not even thinking about competition at this point... that can be figured out later.

Comment

Although it would likely be an upgrade from current $, not all of these expansion deals have been full sharing partners as i understand it. Cross that bridge when/if something does happen which i suspect it will in time.

Comment

Originally posted by uccat04 View Post
                        Noticed Santa Ono follows this guy on Twitter. Not sure if there is any meaning to that or not. Probably not, but I fount that interesting.
                        noticed that too. pretty random, i thought.

this story got my interest, but i can't let myself get too excited until there's more smoke around it. keeping my fingers crossed though...

Comment

Big battle between Big 12 schools is taking conf to 12 or 14. TV entities will keep per team $ the same regardless.Locks are Cinci & UCF......lots of conversation regarding UConn, ECU, USF, Memphis.....you can forget BYU & Boise St.The Big 12 is excited about idea of being the only major conference with a presence in Texas, Ohio & Florida. Networks love this as well.The reason Big 12 considering ECU upsets so many people is that many schools who felt superior to ECU realize they are being passed up.
                          Reply0 replies Retweet0 retweets Favorite1 favorite1

Comment

Originally posted by 98bearcat View Post
                            The reason Big 12 considering ECU upsets so many people is that many schools who felt superior to ECU realize they are being passed up.
                            Reply0 replies Retweet0 retweets Favorite1 favorite1

Well, it is not always about the superior programs (see Rutgers). It is about TV markets, recruiting hotbeds, etc. Cincinnati is high on the TV market and high school football. Not sure about ECU.

Comment

Isn't this the wrong time of year for this talk? Thought the conference realignment talk normally happens towards the end of the year... Makes sense for the BIG12 to expand their footprint.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X