No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad, we needed that big12 money to get rid of our awful coach. It's going to be a depressing time for the foreseeable future. Is it basketball season yet?

Comment

• No reason to wait until their official statement, even our interim president has admitted defeat now. I might still listen for entertainment value.
      We believe -- in our fight, in our family, in our future. #StrengthInUnity

Comment

• I passed the deadspin link to Lobot over the weekend. I told him that the rumors going around, the scenario of ESPN and Fox making back door deals to block expansion would frustrate me the most. And we will never know for sure if that is what happened. Well, I guess we will when the next round of payments get sent out. If this is indeed what has happened. I am so happy to have cut the cord for the past 2 years. I can find alternatives to watch the Bearcats if I have to watch them on TV. Go to a bar, friend or relatives that don't mind putting up with me for 4 hours. I am not sure what level of hypocrisy that puts me at. But I don't plan on feeding ESPN or Fox directly with my hard earned money. It is easier said that done. Cable is almost a must have for a lot. But after 2 years, I don't miss it much really. And now I have no incentive to.

It would be ideal if the AAC could renegotiate their TV deals to allow their own online app/feed. I would happily pay the AAC for live broadcasts. Similar to the WWE Network, NBA League Pass, etc.

Comment

• Don't be surprised if ESPN does not bid on the next AAC contract.

Comment

• We got used and abused by the Big12 and most likely ESPN. This means we're stuck with Tuberville.
            I wish there was some way we could organize a huge cable cancellation party with 30,000 UC members just to stick it to ESPN

Comment

• ESPN was the first to report that expansion was dead. Of course they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackattack View Post
                We got used and abused by the Big12 and most likely ESPN. This means we're stuck with Tuberville.
                I wish there was some way we could organize a huge cable cancellation party with 30,000 UC members just to stick it to ESPN
                Count me in.

Comment

• we need to start a gofundme to raise money and get tuberville fired

Comment

• I go to all the home games and quite frankly Dan and Jim or Chuck on the radio are at least as good as the fifth tier garbage we get from ESPN, even without the video.

Comment

• Video is live now for those that want to watch this mess - http://www.big12sports.com/mediaPort...r.dbml?catid=0

Comment

• I read an article early this morning that spoke of what the Big 12 would do and what it should do. It basically said that it would vote to do nothing but that they should actually expand. It said that the hateful 8 would not make it past the GOR and that only UT and OU would survive. I wonder who the 3rd university was that stopped the expansion? But I guess that the little 8 will see what they get in 7 years.

Comment

• In a few years we will either be joining a really watered down Big12 or some of the leftovers joining the AAC. I could maybe see the PAC take one or two as well though. UT and OK are obviously coming out of this mess the best.

Comment

• yep, this is entertaining. how many times can Boren say "strong conference, incredible unity" lol

Comment

• Is it time to close this thread yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                                Is it time to close this thread yet?

Let people like me vent for a while and close it tomorrow. Donors and season ticket holders are going to plummet to Rick Minter levels next year. The only thing left to look forward to is a Tuberville firing which may be years away... Bohn can go with him for giving him the ridiculous extension.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X