No announcement yet.

Big 12 in 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the decision back in July to expand caught ESPN and Fox off guard. Once they got involved there was never going to be expansion. Shame on the Big 12 for stringing everybody along for three months. But I'm sure they did that just to sweeten the pot from the TV guys.

Comment

• One report said that the vote was unanimous. I can hardly believe that the group of little 8 voted for nothing. Why worry about pissing off the two big boys if the conference is going to collapse anyway?

Comment

• There was no actual vote, and nothing in writing. They made sure there would be nothing to hand over to a public records request later.

Comment

• One good thing, I no longer have to follow Bohls, Trotter, Flugaur et al on twitter to try to keep on top of this. It will be really nice to disconnect from them.

Comment

• I have said this before, what ESPN wants, they get. They colluded to breakup the Big East football. For some reason they decided to save the Big 12 back then but now they just put another spike in the coffin of the Big 12. It looks like their plan of having four mega conferences is just a short 7 years away. I hope that they are happy with the Purdue's of the world in their mega complex.

Comment

• My last comment on the Big 12. I just wish we could get out of playing at Iowa State on December 1. I was actually thinking of going to that game but how would I ever get the Big 12 stench smell washed off afterwards. At least I hope we beat the h3ll out of them.

Comment

• I'd bet money that Iowa State supported our candidacy.

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                My last comment on the Big 12. I just wish we could get out of playing at Iowa State on December 1. I was actually thinking of going to that game but how would I ever get the Big 12 stench smell washed off afterwards. At least I hope we beat the h3ll out of them.

Comment

• I don't think the last chapter of this story has been written yet. Think about Byu's situation as they are clearly competitive right now. Hopefully the relevant g5 schools will get their act together(regardless of mwc, aac, etc) and come up with a conjoined plan for fball and bball and quit looking at the p5. Develop the product, as it's always been the best path. If you have a good product, their will be suitors out there with tv money.

Comment

• The last chapter got a rewrite already. http://www.espn.com/college-football...earlier-divide
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      The last chapter got a rewrite already. http://www.espn.com/college-football...earlier-divide
                      LOL. Am I the only one that noticed that their list of "Do's" is all lies, and their list of "Don'ts" is all true?........especially the part about TV money not influencing their decision.
                      The good part about this is that EVERYONE sees right through what they did. Just look at how the press is skewering them. I love it

Comment

• I like how even though ESPN didn't want them to expand they are still calling the Big12 stupid for not expanding. ESPN is hoping they disband the conference ASAP

Comment

• Originally posted by bobestes View Post
                          I'd bet money that Iowa State supported our candidacy.
                          Nope. I'll stand by what I said. And if Iowa State ever needs to get in the AAC, which is likely, I'd vote no on taking them.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ent-iowa-state
                          Last edited by longtimefan; 10-19-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                            I like how even though ESPN didn't want them to expand they are still calling the Big12 stupid for not expanding. ESPN is hoping they disband the conference ASAP
                            Espn at this point will do anything to save money, that ship is taking on water on a daily basis.

Comment

• Well, I think that this guy finally says something smart. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/19/13322922/big-12-expansion-results-fallout-conference-realignment

Comment

• Sport Business Journal is reporting that Fox will not pay to remove the pro rata part of the contract that would have been due if the Big 12 expanded. ESPN on the other hand is going to pay $125K per year per school to the Big 12 to ditch the pro rata in the contract and not expand. Hard to tell who screwed us over more in this, the Big 12 or ESPN.

Link is subscription only: https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...es/Big-12.aspx

Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X