X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll stick with the parameters of the question:

Yes:

WV (although I'm sure they'll aim for the ACC);
    Baylor (TX based, good football and outstanding basketball)
    OK State (excellent football & good basketball; downside: market);

No:

KS State (Bill Snyder no longer around, so football will revert to its former mediocrity; Manhattan)
    TCU (Nothing special sticks out)
    TX Tech (Lubbock)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Ok hivemind. Let’s assume the AAC is taking 3-5 teams and KU and ISU are not available. Who do you want?
      You have to take Baylor and WVU although I think the mtneers would rather go elsewhere. You take BYU and TCU to make AAC football more competitive as well as attractive. And if I were the higher ups of the AAC I would have a serious talk with Boise State about coming in also as the rest of the remnants of the BiG 12 are more than likely headed to the mountain west conference. So that's what I'm thinking.
      Last edited by Rufus; 07-28-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• WVU, Ok St, Iowa St & BYU

Comment

• With today's news of the cease and desist, and Mike Aresco, ESPN, and the AAC being very aggressive I would like to see an AAC lineup of 16 teams to fill the power vacuum left behind by the demise of Big XII

Baylor - a good football program, and the current National Champions in basketball.
          Oklahoma State a good football program and basketball program. Will bring a name brand to the conference.
          West Virginia. They will always be looking to leave for the ACC, but will bring our rival back.
          Texas Tech this is just because I'm still mad at TCU for thumbing their noses at us.
          Iowa St. a tough football program, and a good basketball program.

All five will be top tier teams in the AAC for both revenue sports.

AAC North

Cincinnati
          East Carolina
          Temple
          Oklahoma St
          Iowa St
          West Virginia
          Memphis
          Tulsa

AAC South

Baylor
          Central Florida
          South Florida
          Texas Tech
          Houston
          SMU
          Tulane
          Navy

Basketball will be division less, and will be similar to the BIG EAST scheduling.

Comment

• What is this "dis" of UC coming from TCU you speak of? I am unaware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
              What is this "dis" of UC coming from TCU you speak of? I am unaware.
              TCU was set to join the AAC, possibly with SD St and 1 or 2 others before they received invite to the Big 12. I don't really call it a snub as I can't blame any team for choosing Big 12 over AAC. The rub is more along the lines that it took away any chance of the AAC being a coast-to-coast 16 team league.
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• OK, let's do this a different way. If you're taking 3 -5 from the Big 12, which, if any, schools currently in the AAC do you kick out?
                Last edited by Lobot; 07-29-2021, 09:14 AM.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
                  I'll stick with the parameters of the question:

Yes:

WV (although I'm sure they'll aim for the ACC);
                  Baylor (TX based, good football and outstanding basketball)
                  OK State (excellent football & good basketball; downside: market);

No:

KS State (Bill Snyder no longer around, so football will revert to its former mediocrity; Manhattan)
                  TCU (Nothing special sticks out)
                  TX Tech (Lubbock)
                  I would take TCU over Baylor if we're looking at the football side of things. If WV doesn't want to come, you take them both. If you consider the basketball side at all then I think you have the right 3 teams.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

OK, let's do this a different way. If you're taking 3 -5 from the Big 12, which, if any, schools currently in the AAC do you kick out?
                    East Carolina and Tulane would definitely be my first 2. Next would be Temple or South Florida. After that, maybe Tulsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDW79 View Post

East Carolina and Tulane would definitely be my first 2. Next would be Temple or South Florida. After that, maybe Tulsa.
                      You probably just need to throw out East Carolina and Tulane. USF does bring the Tampa market but their football hasn't been that good for awhile so maybe they would be the third team out. I would keep Temple hoping that they could bring back their glory from their rich basketball tradition. Tulsa has been pretty good of late in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDW79 View Post

I' m in agreement with these choices as well but as I said earlier since this re- alignment has begun there is going to be ripple effects throughout all conferences..And as ESPN has a penchant for Boise state and their blue football field (for whatever reason) I would attempt to go. after them to come into the AAC along with the other Big 12 members. Maybe swap Boise with Tulsa. However I believe Temple is still a good fit within this realignment so I keep them. I just don't think WVU or Kansas will want to play well with the others within the AAC!
                        Last edited by Rufus; 07-29-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

OK, let's do this a different way. If you're taking 3 -5 from the Big 12, which, if any, schools currently in the AAC do you kick out?
                          Does Navy fit? Does Temple fit? I mean the Washington/Anapolis markets may also hit Baltimore and Temple is the only football in Philly aside from Pen State. Neither have performed well, though not as historically bad as East Carolina and Tulane. I'd say 3 of the four have to go if adding all 8 Big 12 teams.
                          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• No comment on who to boot from AAC because I think that is highly unlikely. Best case scenario is WVU and UC getting invite to ACC. The 4 that I would like to add to AAC : BYU, Baylor, Boise and Oklahoma State

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Burk View Post
                              No comment on who to boot from AAC because I think that is highly unlikely. Best case scenario is WVU and UC getting invite to ACC. The 4 that I would like to add to AAC : BYU, Baylor, Boise and Oklahoma State
                              I really believe that all this is a moot discussion. UC will be left without a chair at the power conference table . . . again. The best it can hope for is to improve the conference affiliation, whether the BigXII or AAC, and become a more potent non-power conference contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I really believe that all this is a moot discussion. UC will be left without a chair at the power conference table . . . again. The best it can hope for is to improve the conference affiliation, whether the BigXII or AAC, and become a more potent non-power conference contender.
                                It isn't RIGHT, but, essentially ESPN is telling the AAC that they, and not the Big 12, are who they want to be the fifth conference. The reason is because the AAC is a relatively inexpensive ESPN property and the Big 12 is with FOX. You have to be with ESPN if you want to matter. If you aren't, they're going to support you getting raided like what is happening with the Big 12.

ESPN is telling the AAC that they won't quite be a power conference but they will be better off than they were 3 months ago.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X