No announcement yet.

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big 12 has hired Oliver Luck as a consultant. Former WVU AD and NFL and XFL front office.

I think Bowlsby might be out of a job soon
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There could be fewer big paydays fir G5 schools if this is true: Each team in alliance plays one team from each of the other two conferences.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...955608075?s=19

However, that could mean all need to have same number of teams, minimally 14
      Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-24-2021, 07:01 AM.
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• If 14 is a requirement that is only more bad news for us. Pac 12 will just take 2 big12 teams and be done. I'm hoping they all goto 16 and pick us up.

Comment

• Looks like Dave Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio this morning and let out that the following scenario is happening per FOX brass

OK St and K State to PAC 12.
          WVU to ACC
          KU and ISU to the Big 10
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
            If 14 is a requirement that is only more bad news for us. Pac 12 will just take 2 big12 teams and be done. I'm hoping they all goto 16 and pick us up.
            Minimally 14, but I too hope 16 is agreed upon in their alliance. That is a lot of extra programming for the networks too. When UC or TCU or Baylor or UCF when they play a top tier program, I wonder how many extra eyeballs watch that game that are our fans? One has to wonder if the Alliance dictates 9 game conference schedule, plus two games, one against other two members of the Alliance, will the SEC get to play any of the Alliance schools in regular season? Why would tO$U play USC and Virginia then add an SEC game for their last game. I have to think the Alliance schools will be scrambling to fill that 1st game of the year against G5 or lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Looks like Dave Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio this morning and let out that the following scenario is happening per FOX brass

WVU to ACC
              KU and ISU to the Big 10
              Any timing revealed? Does that mean ACC only takes WVU and keeps ND as "loosely affiliated"? Honestly, the Pac doesn't make sense for UC, but ACC does and Big 10 is slimmest of margins making sense, but won't ever happen. The reality is that 5 games against ND puts more eyeballs on ACC games than 9 games against UC. I get it. I don't like it and none of us do.

Comment

Looks like Dave Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio this morning and let out that the following scenario is happening per FOX brass

WVU to ACC
                KU and ISU to the Big 10
                Here is the relevant audio (short clip): https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1430184760303751169

Comment

• I wonder how much of this has to do with ESPN medling? Trying to break up the conference.

Comment

• Yep, sounds like we will be screwed again... Baylor,TTech,TCU isn't going to do much for the AAC but we take them anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      I wonder how much of this has to do with ESPN medling? Trying to break up the conference.
                      Everything. ESPN is solely responsible in my opinion.

I'll go one farther. ESPN is trying to monopolize college football coverage.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Everything. ESPN is solely responsible in my opinion.

I'll go one farther. ESPN is trying to monopolize college football coverage.
                        I want to know why ESPN hates us so much. It seems like they are always trying to keep us down and/or like having us on their books for mich cheaper than we should actually be worth

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post

I want to know why ESPN hates us so much. It seems like they are always trying to keep us down and/or like having us on their books for much cheaper than we should actually be worth
                          I think ESPN hates us because don't bring in as many viewers as other schools.It's either that or they loved TT and couldn't stomach the fact that we drove him away with high expectations. This is a bit dated from 2014, but our viewership has increased to be on par with the left behind 8 around 1-1.2 million viewers for regular season games. https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com...p-espn-ratings

https://247sports.com/college/cincin...cats-33426512/

On the other hand, the 8.27 million viewers for UC versus Georgia was the highest rated G5 NY6 bowl of CFP era, according to https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ll-tv-ratings/

Comment

• The ACC/B1G/PAC alliance is official. One of the interesting things mentioned by the ADs was that they thought ESPN had too much influence.

I’m thinking the SEC and ESPN may have overplayed their hand a bit and pissed people off.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The ACC/B1G/PAC alliance is official. One of the interesting things mentioned by the ADs was that they thought ESPN had too much influence.

I’m thinking the SEC and ESPN may have overplayed their hand a bit and pissed people off.
                              In addition to check mating SEC/ESPN, I read a lot in between the lines that these institutions are most dissatisfied with lack of unified direction from the NCAA. This move may just put a stop to any talk of ESPN masterminding an NCAA break away with the top 50 or so teams. On a sour note, this entire Alliance is a handshake deal. Nothing in writing. No penalties. No changes to OOC schedule for several years to honor current commitments. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Florida UCLA home and home series announced tomorrow for the 32/33 and 35/36 seasons, with LSU versus Wisconsin playing a made-for-tv event in Madison Square Gardens in 2038.

Comment

• If they really want to PO ESPN they could grab the top teams from the AAC, good teams and decent national ratings that ESPN gets for almost nothing.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X