Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
    The most important thing from the SI article is that they expect the Big12 will keep it's P5 status. That is huge and means we may finally have a secure spot at the big boy table for the foreseeable future. We all wish it was the ACC instead but this will be a good football conference and a killer bball conference
    If an ACC invite comes in near future, we will accept it given what we know now.
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

If an ACC invite comes in near future, we will accept it given what we know now.
      Would have to be the very near future.

Comment

• As much as I’d appreciate the geography and basketball of the ACC, is the football any better than this reconstructed B12?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
          As much as I’d appreciate the geography and basketball of the ACC, is the football any better than this reconstructed B12?
          the top dogs in the ACC are Clemson and Florida State and then you have VT, Virginia, NC and NCS so not really, In the new Big 12 you have Oklahoma State, TCU, Iowa State, CFU, and of course a top 10 team, UC

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Would have to be the very near future.
            If the rumor that ESPN extended current Big 12 deal 5 years is true, then have to say no to ACC. The Big12 will pay more than ACC once we get full share. It will immediately pay double or more than AAC with partial share
            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• With the proposed realignment of the big 12 ( BYU included) I honestly believe it would provide a better brand of football than what the ACC offers presently.

Comment

• If presented with the opportunity to join the B12, you absolutely take it. Given the current state of college sports, it immediately upgrades UC in multiple ways, with money and exposure being first and foremost. The other main reason you join is this current situation won’t last. College sports, specifically football and the major players, NCAA and the BCS will drastically change again in the next 5 - 8 years. Unfortunately when the dust settles, UC probably won’t be included with the “ power schools “ and their conferences, whatever that looks like.

Comment

I wish I could be more enthused about this. I just have a nagging feeling that it won’t turn out well in the long run. I just hope this doesn’t turn into a BE rerun. We, along with Louisville and USF, saved the Big East from the brink of collapse, less than a decade later it collapsed anyway. I just don’t want to get stuck like that again.
                  I am in the same boat that you are.

Comment

I wish I could be more enthused about this. I just have a nagging feeling that it won’t turn out well in the long run. I just hope this doesn’t turn into a BE rerun. We, along with Louisville and USF, saved the Big East from the brink of collapse, less than a decade later it collapsed anyway. I just don’t want to get stuck like that again.
                    I hear you but I am glad to get a seat at the table. We have a Thanksgiving seat at the adult table instead of the kiddie table at least for now. Maybe we can stay "in the club" once the next big restructuring happens since we are in it now. Louisville seems to be permanently in the club just because they got their foot in the door. Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and a lot of other schools probably don't deserve to be there but since they are "grandfathered" in so to speak they are golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by slimm View Post
                      If presented with the opportunity to join the B12, you absolutely take it. Given the current state of college sports, it immediately upgrades UC in multiple ways, with money and exposure being first and foremost. The other main reason you join is this current situation won’t last. College sports, specifically football and the major players, NCAA and the BCS will drastically change again in the next 5 - 8 years. Unfortunately when the dust settles, UC probably won’t be included with the “ power schools “ and their conferences, whatever that looks like.
                      We're probably good until 2025 when the Big 12 has to renegotiate TV contracts. I fully expect KU and ISU to leave for the BIg 10 at that point. If the BIg 12 is still viable at that point, they'll grab two more from the AAC or MWC.

Something I spotted in a lot of the articles that came out this week is that the teams that were considered and didn't make the final cut for the BIg 12 don't own their football facilities. USF and Memphis, San Diego St and others that are on that list probably need to rethink that if they want to move up.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• And just this. Oklahoma Football: 5 thoughts on the Big 12’s expansion talks (usatoday.com) I believe that from top to bottom, the Big 12 is better than the ACC. If the Big 12 wants to go to 14 in the future, they will add Boise and probably Memphis. As for all of the news articles over the past month that said there were no viable teams for the Big 12, those same outlets say this is a :home run" hit. We will have to wait and see what happens in the future. Will there only be 4 super conferences? Will existing conferences drop the basement teams (Wake Forest, Vandy, Purdue, Illinois, etc. We as homers know that UC could be consistantly in the middle of the pack of any of the Power 5 conferences. I think that we can possibly own the Big 12 in football. Let's hope that the system keeps the power 5 and that the Big 12 remains in that group. It is nice to see that UC has sold out against Miami (OH) and that Indiana has sold out the UC game. This is a true sign of the value of UC football. Keep CLF! On that note, I think Luke will wait for the tosu job before he leaves. I should have said that the Big East basketball conference should add Kansas and Wichita State because Kansas has a really bad football team.
                        Last edited by bearcatbret; 09-04-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Cincinnati.com reporting B12 Select UC for expansion.

Comment

• Big 12 Conference selects University of Cincinnati Bearcats for expansion

Paul Myerberg USA TODAY

Comment

• UH Board of Regents call for special meeting to discuss Big 12.

Comment

• The pros and cons of the 4 candidates plus winners and losers. Weighing pros, cons of conference expansion for Big 12 contenders - Sports Illustrated

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X