Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
    Maybe Noter Shame just missed out on the Herman sweepstakes. It shouldn't be that hard to recruit in South Bend. The name and schedule should practically sell the place even if the coach were named Tommy T. Winning in South Bend is a different story. There is so much focus on the program and players, it'd be hard not to crack at least a little bit. It'd be next to impossible to try and predict who they go after if BK "voluntarily" parts ways.
    Yea Notre Dame is a coaching pressure cooker. The ridiculous schedule coupled with Ivy League type academics make it a killer. But I still think the right coach could make it a juggernaut again. Dantonio might be that guy

Comment

This one's fun. Chad Morris at SMU was in line for the Baylor job. They offered him 24 mill over 6 years. He chose to counteroffer at 26 mill and now Baylor's all upset about it and has "Soured" on him. I suspect he would not have countered any other school at that salary. Baylor's a dumpster fire of epic proportions right now with exactly 1 commit that still remains for 2017 so I can't blame Morris too much for that one.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Maybe they will offer CTT the position?
        Last edited by bearcatjd; 11-29-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I thought this was interesting re: Baylor's search. Looks most of the guys on this list would be on ours as well with the notable exception of Charlie Strong.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...ble-candidates
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Helfrich is toast. Brian Kelly to Oregon sounds interesting. I made that up, but it sounds interesting. Not sure if he would want to leave the midwest.

Butch Jones rumors have started that he's visiting Purdue this week. I blame his agent and/or Vols fans.

Baylor seems to be focusing on Sonny Dykes at Cal.

Houston DC Todd Orlando named as interim HC. Interesting thing is that OC Major Applewhite has not joined Tom Herman yet and apparently the reason was that he had an affair with a student while at Texas as an asst under Mack Brown and was deposed in a Title XI lawsuit filed by the Women's track coach. The track coach also had an affair with a student 10 years earlier and was terminated while Applewhite was not.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news.../09/425945.htm

Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

And Greg Schiano just popped up as a name for Oregon
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

i kind of wish i'd hear some rumors about coaches being pursued by UC rather than us fans just wishing. that makes me a little bit nervous...

Comment

From what I hear, if TT can convince Bohn that he still has the fire in his belly, that he may get another year to prove himself. That combined with the fact that we are down the list of the "desireable" hires and we can't seem to generate much interest with the candidates we would like. Hints to that effect were very recently made. Unfortunately, we always need to find up and coming diamonds in the rough that the blue bloods aren't chasing yet. Once he's a known and proven commodity, we are no longer on the list. I honestly think our next coach currently resides in Columbus. A potentially controversial pick, but one who would be very loyal, exude energy, and is well connected with Ohio recruits. Not a bad combination if he can surround himself with capable assistants. This thing could still go many different directions.

Comment

Originally posted by nolte50uc View Post
                    i kind of wish i'd hear some rumors about coaches being pursued by UC rather than us fans just wishing. that makes me a little bit nervous...
                    I don't think you will see that unless/when TT is officially terminated. You could run into some issue with that buyout date otherwise.

Comment

Looks like Willie Taggart is a name on Oregon's radar.

Comment

Had this discussion on Twitter last night. If Tuberville is reassigned inside the Athletic department at his current salary to something like fundraising, does that free us to go after another coach before the buyout drops? . Seems like it would.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

My gut tells me he will be back for another year. Bohn gave him a four year extension last year, so I doubt he will fire him now.

Bohn doesn't understand UC FB culture, but maybe he will when 12,000 show up for most games next year.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                            Had this discussion on Twitter last night. If Tuberville is reassigned inside the Athletic department at his current salary to something like fundraising, does that free us to go after another coach before the buyout drops? . Seems like it would.
                            It would depend on terms in contract and likely not get us out of the buyout unless he retains that position for length of contract AND the buyout clause is not specific to position as head football coach. If TT were to agree to this, they'd need to agree on some payout amount.

Why would TT do this?
                            Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Bohn is well aware of the mess we currently have in football. He has a very difficult situation to navigate through and must be fiscally accountable. He understands our culture and is sensitive to our unhappiness and his own disappointment. In hindsight the 4 year extension was a mistake, but what would we be saying if we had won 9 games this year. Its always a crap shoot and an educated guess and this one didn't work out, Bohn realizes that and is doing his best to figure out how to fix it. Losing our athletic supportive President hasn't helped the situation. Not knowing who the new Pres. will be and what support the AD will have is slowing the process. Timing is bad. At this point I still trust Bohn and feel confident that he is doing his best but dealing with some really bad circumstances. Who would have predicted a year ago that at this time we would have had such a poor season, lost our Big 12 bid, lost our Athletic supportive President. This really hampers any leaders ability to implement quick fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
                                It would depend on terms in contract and likely not get us out of the buyout unless he retains that position for length of contract AND the buyout clause is not specific to position as head football coach. If TT were to agree to this, they'd need to agree on some payout amount.

Why would TT do this?
                                He wouldn't unless his contract stipulations left a loophole where Bohn can go this direction without his consent.

RedDog, Excellent post. The whole situation with football is an AD's nightmare.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X