No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Les Miles and Art Briles will interview at Houston. Willie Taggart to interview at Oregon.

Houston chair Tilman Fertitta is on record saying they need clarity from Briles before he would be considered. I guess they got it. Briles was at Houston before jumping to Baylor.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Art Briles is not interviewing for the Houston job and is not a candidate, per a release from the Houston AD. It sounds like some Houston boosters and the board chairman Fertitta wanted to interview Briles but the President and AD did not.

Comment

That was odd but when you take the time to release a written statement saying you're not interviewing Briles, somebody was pretty opposed to it. Frankly if Houston won't hire him, I really wonder if he's going to work in the college environment ever again.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Bob Diaco has been fired at UConn. Leading candidate is Joe Moorhead at Penn St. That leaves Coach Ken at Navy as the longest tenured coach in the AAC at 9 years and no one else has more than 2.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UConn must be feeling a financial pinch in that they are waiting until 1/2/17 to make it official, in order to reduce the buyout from $5M to $3.4M. Apparently, money won out, causing the Huskies to fall behind even further on 2017's recruiting class.

Comment

I don't think in this case the recruiting class is a big issue. They had no recruits to speak of in the fold. Been a big issue for him.

Comment

UConn recruiting class is all local 2 stars. Kind of frightening really. They recruited semi-nationally for a while and somehow regressed back to a local recruiting radius.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Despite all the rumors and negativity surrounding the Notre Dame program and BK, they presently have a top 10 recruiting class. Meanwhile, the 'Cats are firmly entrenched at 101 behind the likes of ULM, Nevada and Tulane. Please spare me any comments on the subjectivity of star ratings for players, the unreliability of rankings, and that rankings will change a lot prior to NSD in February. If you don't have the players, then you need a creative offensive mastermind and a proven talent developer. Does the UC program check any of these boxes?

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...teTeamRankings

Comment

Speaking of UConn, Looks like they're going to rehire Randy Edsall. Not even joking.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Multiple sources reporting Edsall deal is done.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                        Despite all the rumors and negativity surrounding the Notre Dame program and BK, they presently have a top 10 recruiting class. Meanwhile, the 'Cats are firmly entrenched at 101 behind the likes of ULM, Nevada and Tulane. Please spare me any comments on the subjectivity of star ratings for players, the unreliability of rankings, and that rankings will change a lot prior to NSD in February. If you don't have the players, then you need a creative offensive mastermind and a proven talent developer. Does the UC program check any of these boxes?

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Foo...teTeamRankings
                        Good question. I hope that the report about Denbrock coming here is true because he has a reputation for recruiting and developing players.
                        As for ND having a top 10 class, you can't be too surprised by that. For as long as I have been a college football junkie (and that's about 40 years) ND has had Top 10 classes with few exceptions. ND football is the Mecca for a student athlete......Ivy League type academics and tremendous facilities and tradition.....what's not to like? ND recruits itself. If Bozo the Clown were the HC at ND they would still pull Top 10 classes

Comment

Yeah, I understand the attractiveness of UND, I was just referring to the rumors of BK exploring other opportunities at season's end and all the uncertainty surrounding the program - the Coach is still holding together a great class. I thought BK's star was falling ever since the tragic death of that student in the tower accident.

Anyway, regarding Coach LF and recruiting and the state of the program, I think we Bearcat faithful should brace ourselves for a 1 and 3 start in 2017 with losses to Marshall, Miami (OH), and obviously Michigan. I am being realistic looking at the coaching and recruiting of these programs over the last couple of years. We are looking at a 2 to 3 year rebuild to respectability IMO.

Comment

Concede a loss to miami and marshall. Ha, never. Just because we have one off season we aren't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                              Concede a loss to miami and marshall. Ha, never. Just because we have one off season we aren't that bad.
                              Believe me, I hope I have to eat crow on late Saturday night September 30, 2017...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                                Yeah, I understand the attractiveness of UND, I was just referring to the rumors of BK exploring other opportunities at season's end and all the uncertainty surrounding the program - the Coach is still holding together a great class. I thought BK's star was falling ever since the tragic death of that student in the tower accident.

Anyway, regarding Coach LF and recruiting and the state of the program, I think we Bearcat faithful should brace ourselves for a 1 and 3 start in 2017 with losses to Marshall, Miami (OH), and obviously Michigan. I am being realistic looking at the coaching and recruiting of these programs over the last couple of years. We are looking at a 2 to 3 year rebuild to respectability IMO.
                                Marshall had a horrible 2016 year. We might beat them, but Miami will be tough, and we know Michigan at home will be very, very tough.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X