• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
    - Warren goes for over 100 rushing yards and 2 TD's
    - Speight only lasts till halftime before they sub someone else in
    - UC defense forces 3 turnovers

UC wins in an upset 27-17 (fingers crossed for luck!)
    Was this edited? And if not can you buy my power ball ticket next week or at least give me the numbers?????
    L

Comment

Getting ahead of myself, but we have a decent shot at 8-0 before facing Navy. Tulane MAY give us some trouble, Temple lost to a lower division team, UConn got blown out as did SMU. Our schedule is pretty easy this year until a 3-game stretch vs. Navy, USF, and UCF towards the end. After beating UCLA my goals for this season changed from going to a bowl game to possibly getting 9-10 wins and an 8-0 start seems very doable. If it happens we might even creep into the Top 25

Comment

Great win for UC! Go Bearcats!

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
          Getting ahead of myself, but we have a decent shot at 8-0 before facing Navy. Tulane MAY give us some trouble, Temple lost to a lower division team, UConn got blown out as did SMU. Our schedule is pretty easy this year until a 3-game stretch vs. Navy, USF, and UCF towards the end. After beating UCLA my goals for this season changed from going to a bowl game to possibly getting 9-10 wins and an 8-0 start seems very doable. If it happens we might even creep into the Top 25

Yep, i was telling a guy after the game last night the same thing. The biggest one though is next week. Hopefully we get a nice turnout as it would definitely give them some momentum. I was hoping for improvement this year, and i saw several things last night that were encouraging. I thought we were the more physical team on their turf which given the travel, etc was very, very encouraging. They also could have packed up early with the fumble, ejection, et. but didn't which was maybe the biggest takeaway last night. It will be interesting to see if he starts Moore next week or not. My guess is he will, but again will have a very short rope. I've said this for many years on this board, and it's still the biggest rule of thumb, if you do not turn the ball over you will have a chance to win, and we again saw that last night. To many seasons we've had ruined by turnovers. Mistake free football makes up for a lot of other shortfalls. Anyone know how long Doaks is out?

Comment

When we got that safety, 2 of my buddies and I were high fiving each other while the third buddy sat cautiously on the couch. When asked, he said he still had PTSD from last year with all the stupid penalties we got that repeatedly killed so many good plays. He was waiting to see if we had screwed something up again. After the early ejection, it seemed we were headed down the same dang road. It was nice to see that we didn't repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilenerm View Post
              - Warren goes for over 100 rushing yards and 2 TD's
              - Speight only lasts till halftime before they sub someone else in
              - UC defense forces 3 turnovers

UC wins in an upset 27-17 (fingers crossed for luck!)
              Uh - sports betting is legal now so feel free to predict next weeks game
              Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Game started off feeling a lot like last year. Dumb mistakes, lack of confidence in Moore, good plays turned into mistakes by mental errors, turnovers. All of that seemed to change once Ridder went in and they started running the ball.

2nd quarter was incredibly fun to watch and then it seemed to me that both teams settled down in the second half.

I am incredibly excited to see some good players playing some good football this year. That said - this was two of the four youngest teams in CB football so I am tempering the excitement. While this is a huge win in a location that could have gotten into the boys heads - it was a talented but relatively weak UCLA team. We’re young too which bodes well for us but we’ll have growing pains. I doubt we go 8 and 0 to start the season. But - I am really excited by what I saw from the defense - definitely looks like the strength of the team right now. Warren - if he can stay healthy with that type of workload is awesome, punting is fantastic and key to playing the field position game which I think Fickel will do this year. Ridder is the key tho. Moore started off looking like our next great QB but seemed to regress from there. Ridder feels different and seems to make good decisions. Worried by the passing after the second quarter but If we see steady improvement then he’s the real deal! If that happens - I love the thought of having him behind center for 4 years!
                Bleed red and black and everything else will take care of itself!

Comment

Some articles on the game:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ht/1174857002/

https://theathletic.com/501599/2018/...ally-underway/

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...901-story.html

https://theathletic.com/501527/2018/...n-conversions/
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Let's try something new this year. Game Ball awards:

My nominees:

Bryan Wright -Everywhere all game. Forced Fumble for go ahead safety
                    Cortez Broughton - 3.5 sacks
                    MIchael Warren II - #Obvious
                    Logan Smith - Lead blocking all game
                    Cole Smith - Hit everything

Honorable Mention

Marquise Copeland -Tackles Leader
                    Jayshon Jackson - Great catch in traffic for the true freshman to set up a TD
                    James Smith - Mr Consistent

Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                      On our way to Luke Fickell's next job?
                      Last edited by Carin's Dad; 09-02-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                        Smith is a fantastic punter, inside the 15 every kick! Cole is a RS freshman, not a true freshman as they kept saying on ESPN. He looks pretty steady; big jump from last year.

B.C.
                        UC's website lists Cole Smith as a true frosh, showing his prior experience as "HS", rather than "RS", as shown for several frosh players. Either way, he's here for 4 years, barring injury.

Comment

Big win for Fickell, but that passing game is a huge concern going forward. Neither QB looks effective at all (what a night-and-day 2nd half for Ridder, who looked scared and couldn't complete a pass to save his life after a super efficient 1st half). The protection was poor on the whole, defenses just need to stack the box and defend the run now, make these QB's beat them, pretty easy game-planning really if they can't throw the ball.

At least the defense looks a lot better, their saving grace and the only reason they won last night (aside from solid ST's play).

That looked like a Tressel team in the 4th quarter, ultra conservative except for the somewhat low-risk 4th down calls (which Tressel was known to do also in order to put a game away at times). May have to play that way from here on out until they find some QB talent.

Comment

Need to figure out how to pass or we will face 8 in the box defenses. the only thing that seemed to work was passes to tight end. I guess that is a good place to start to loosen things up.

Comment

Typical from this board. UC wins a game they were double digit dogs and people are complaining about quarterback play..
                              Last edited by McMickenKid; 09-02-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McMickenKid View Post
                                Typical from this board. UC wins a game they were double digit dogs and people are complaining about quarterback play..
                                What's X basketball not started yet?

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X