No announcement yet.

All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIckell's contract extension has been approved by the BoT per Justin Williams.

Also: https://gobearcats.com/news/2022/2/2...extension.aspx
    Last edited by Lobot; 02-22-2022, 10:40 AM.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Luke Fickell shows up at #10 in this top 25 coaches list from Bruce Feldman. ($) And #8 in Stewart Mandels

https://theathletic.com/3165800/2022...-head-coaches/

https://theathletic.com/3165768/2022...-head-coaches/
      Last edited by Lobot; 03-08-2022, 02:29 PM.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The Athletic ($) ranked the top coaches in CFB. Stewart Mandel ranked Fickell 8, up from 11 last year. Bruce Feldman ranked Fickell 10, up from 20 last year.

Comment

• Fickell has received the Stallings Award which is given to an exceptional humanitarian and coach. This is basically a confirmation that our coach is a fantastic human.

https://www.stallingsaward.org/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Same thing here. Luke Fickell Captures Stallings Award - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)

Comment

• Cool congratulatory video from UC with shoutouts from some big names from Fickell's OSU and UC days
              https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/sta...73077946896384

Comment

• ^Great seeing Coach Cooper in a Bearcat hat and Urban admitting that he was a former Bearcat player. Most importantly, you can hear the love in the past player's voices.

Comment

• Fickle on Pat McAfee Show
                  https://youtu.be/DY1JAcmSO64

Comment

• The Athletic's Mitch Sherman said on Hail Varsity Radio. About the Nebraska HC opening….. Fickell, I think he is mildly interested. I think there's a little bit of something there. He's playing Friday. Not that it matters to the search, to his desirability or his attractiveness to Nebraska, but he would be available on Saturday.

B.C.
                    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• From the same article:

“The thoughts for a long time with Luke Fickell, and it still is, is that he's holding out for the Ohio State job,” Sherman said. “And if Ryan Day goes to the NFL, then Luke Fickell can jump right back into Columbus and it'll be seamless. He's already in that state. That's where he wants to be. That's where he wants to coach. And that wouldn't change if he went somewhere like Nebraska, he'd still be next in line or close to it at Ohio State, as long as things were going well at his current stop, which is why I think he's unlikely to make that kind of a move, because he's he's got a good thing going at Cincinnati.”

Nothing to see here. Please disburse.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
                        From the same article:

“The thoughts for a long time with Luke Fickell, and it still is, is that he's holding out for the Ohio State job,” Sherman said. “And if Ryan Day goes to the NFL, then Luke Fickell can jump right back into Columbus and it'll be seamless. He's already in that state. That's where he wants to be. That's where he wants to coach. And that wouldn't change if he went somewhere like Nebraska, he'd still be next in line or close to it at Ohio State, as long as things were going well at his current stop, which is why I think he's unlikely to make that kind of a move, because he's he's got a good thing going at Cincinnati.”

Nothing to see here. Please disburse.
                        I agree, but The Athletic is well regarded, and I thought the link was worthy of posting.

Regarding Ryan going to the NFL.... not going to happen. Look at what happened with Greg Schiano at Rutgers when he went to the NFL. Suffice it to say, he didn't do well and he is back at Rutgers. I do believe that the NFL is really no better for a coach's career, as top college jobs pay more.

B.C.
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                          The Athletic's Mitch Sherman said on Hail Varsity Radio. About the Nebraska HC opening….. Fickell, I think he is mildly interested. I think there's a little bit of something there. He's playing Friday. Not that it matters to the search, to his desirability or his attractiveness to Nebraska, but he would be available on Saturday.

B.C.
                          Nebraska is going for Rhule. Another NFL failure going back to college.
                          Last edited by Carin's Dad; 11-26-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• The faithful are calling for CLF after Ryan Day's beatdown versus Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

I agree, but The Athletic is well regarded, and I thought the link was worthy of posting.

Regarding Ryan going to the NFL.... not going to happen. Look at what happened with Greg Schiano at Rutgers when he went to the NFL. Suffice it to say, he didn't do well and he is back at Rutgers. I do believe that the NFL is really no better for a coach's career, as top college jobs pay more.

B.C.
                              the difference is that Ryan Day has NFL experience and his seat is hot at tOSU

Comment

• OSU looked much better on paper, bad coaching let to their defeat today. Ryan Day should go.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X