No announcement yet.

All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Luke goes, kudos to him. We want him to stay, but we want him to succeed. Next man in will not be Gino
    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Serious question, could alum Urban Meyer make sense at UC? While disgraced at last job, he's had time to rest, get health in order, and realize he is best suited for the college game
      Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 11-27-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post
        Serious question, couod alum Urban Meyer make sense at UC? While disgraced at last job, he's had time to rest, get health in order, and realize he is best suited for the college game
        I would love that. Since we don't have Nancy Zimper as president, it might be approved. Would he want to come?

Comment

• Wisconsin regents meeting this afternoon.

BTW, the Carin in my handle is a Wisconsin grad.
          Last edited by Carin's Dad; 11-27-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• from 247 take it down if not allowed
            However, it appears athletic director Chris McIntosh has very quietly been moving behind the scenes and zoning in on Fickell. We can't confirm there's an agreement between the two sides yet, but it appears Fickell to UW became real on Friday -- before the Badgers had even taken the field against the Gophers.

UW's board of regents will meet at 4 p.m. to discuss the contract of the future head football coach.

It sounds as if the hire could be announced Sunday evening, Monday at the latest.

Comment

• Became real on Friday -- Didn't the cats have a big game on friday

Comment

• Sounds like it’s pretty much a done deal

Silver lining for me is it has happened so quickly that we’re not sitting around waiting to see his move, listening to him BS through press conferences about how he’s not been paying attention, hasn’t spoken to anyone, is focusing on practice for bowl game.

Thank you, Luke 👍

Comment

• Willie Fritz, he knows how to win in Clifton

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post
                    Became real on Friday -- Didn't the cats have a big game on friday
                    That means his agent was probably in contact with them, and after we lost he became available. If he goes, I’ll thank him for leaving UC Football better than he found it, which the last coach certainly didn’t do. Worst thing is we may lose the bulk of our 2023 recruit class.

Comment

• Football Scoop reporting UC is having a team meeting. Some names mentioned of who Fickell would take with him and names on the radar at uc.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...r-luke-fickell
                      Last edited by GoBearcats31; 11-27-2022, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Fickell is a family man and Madison is a wonderful city. Location should not be a negative at all.

If Coach leaves, we are in a better position for hiring a new coach than we were last time. We have the Big 12 and some good recruits who choose to stay (and not go to Madison).

Comment

• Here’s a name I thought of: Deland McCullough. Former Miami U star. Coached at IU a few years ago, left for USC, then the KC Chiefs, then took IU job as associate head coach, then hired by Freeman at ND.

One of his sons is committed to UC. Another was a star freshman at IU this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                            Here’s a name I thought of: Deland McCullough. Former Miami U star. Coached at IU a few years ago, left for USC, then the KC Chiefs, then took IU job as associate head coach, then hired by Freeman at ND.

One of his sons is committed to UC. Another was a star freshman at IU this year.
                            Wow, that is a great idea. The man can coach, recruit, and succeed in Clifton

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

That means his agent was probably in contact with them, and after we lost he became available. If he goes, I’ll thank him for leaving UC Football better than he found it, which the last coach certainly didn’t do. Worst thing is we may lose the bulk of our 2023 recruit class.
                              you can't say that he didn't know and had given his agent his permission to speak of his interest. I doubt if that permission was made after the loss. There had to be feelers way before from both sides as you just don't jump into such an important career move.

Comment

• Fickell is gone per Rivals. They are reporting he informed the team today that he's leaving.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X