All Things Fickell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

the difference is that Ryan Day has NFL experience and his seat is hot at tOSU
    Seriously?? Day has lost 3 games in two years, with two of those losses against a top 5 CFP ranked team. I doubt any sane person would replace Day with his record. tO$U’s fans are berserk and bizarre. 🤦🏻*♂️

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

Seriously?? Day has lost 3 games in two years, with two of those losses against a top 5 CFP ranked team. I doubt any sane person would replace Day with his record. tO$U’s fans are berserk and bizarre. 🤦🏻*♂️
      I don't think you understand the rivalry. John Cooper was brought in because he beat Michigan in a bowl game. He was a great recruiter but didn't show up in the big game. Jim Tressel was brought in and he won. Meyer too. The game is that important in Columbus. Day's seat although he has it for another year, had better win the game.

Comment

I don't think you understand the rivalry. John Cooper was brought in because he beat Michigan in a bowl game. He was a great recruiter but didn't show up in the big game. Jim Tressel was brought in and he won. Meyer too. The game is that important in Columbus. Day's seat although he has it for another year, had better win the game.
        I live in the Columbus media market. My son also attends tO$U. ****, they practically brainwash our children to be fans of tO$U up here. I definitely understand the importance of the game to tO$U’s fan base. I also feel that those fans are delusional in that they expect tO$U to beat everyone on the schedule, even though UM was simply the better team today. The second half was the difference and the adjustments made by UM’s coaching staff was exceptional.

If those fans are calling for Day’s removal, and they hire Fickell, I would immediately offer the UC job to Day. If he would come to UC, he could continue to build on what Fickell has started.
        Last edited by London 'Cat; 11-26-2022, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Surely these thoughts about Day getting fired and coach LF leaving just have to be our own fears and past experiences of coaches bolting elsewhere. Right? Surely there is no way Day gets fired. Right? Right??

Comment

• I know it’s a complete knee jerk reaction for OSU fans to be calling for Day’s head after the loss today. However, seeing as this is the opening we all know Fickell’s waiting for, we actually have a reason to be worried this time.

Day should not be fired and probably won’t be but if he doesn’t rearrange the deck chairs a bit to cover himself, I’d be shocked. I was on flight from CLE to DFW with some Buckeye fans during most of the game so I did not see the game but on Gamecast and paper, OSU got scorched in the second half by big plays it appears.

That one’s going to sting for them for while especially since it was a packed house in Cbus.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• the opening we all know Fickell’s waiting for
              Is there any factual support for this fear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

Is there any factual support for this fear?
                None whatsoever. Please move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                  I know it’s a complete knee jerk reaction for OSU fans to be calling for Day’s head after the loss today. However, seeing as this is the opening we all know Fickell’s waiting for, we actually have a reason to be worried this time.

Day should not be fired and probably won’t be but if he doesn’t rearrange the deck chairs a bit to cover himself, I’d be shocked. I was on flight from CLE to DFW with some Buckeye fans during most of the game so I did not see the game but on Gamecast and paper, OSU got scorched in the second half by big plays it appears.

That one’s going to sting for them for while especially since it was a packed house in Cbus.
                  Day rearranged the coaching staff last year - New offensive line coach and Def Cord as well as new safety and a new cornerback coach. The defense was torched. I look for Day to stay, but it was an embarrassment. I would not be shocked if he goes. They have Kevin Wilson on staff who built Indiana up, but was fired for behavior problems. I would not be shocked if they changed their NIL practices and buy some transfers and for HS seniors although it is a bit late this year for seniors. I do know that the fans are very upset and have been with Day's play calling.Knowles gambled alot on defense and got burnt. They didn't make him the highest paid D cord to have their rival put 45 on them.

Comment

Day rearranged the coaching staff last year - New offensive line coach and Def Cord as well as new safety and a new cornerback coach. The defense was torched. I look for Day to stay, but it was an embarrassment. I would not be shocked if he goes. They have Kevin Wilson on staff who built Indiana up, but was fired for behavior problems. I would not be shocked if they changed their NIL practices and buy some transfers and for HS seniors although it is a bit late this year for seniors. I do know that the fans are very upset and have been with Day's play calling.Knowles gambled alot on defense and got burnt. They didn't make him the highest paid D cord to have their rival put 45 on them.
                    Maybe UM’s defense was legitimate. tO$U had not faced any defense like UM to date, which is a symptom of the B1G conference. It really is exceptionally weak aside from tO$U, UM and maybe PSU. tO$U took some chances that did not payoff. But, the
                    bottom line is that UM was the better team after halftime. Plus, I did feel like I was watching a UC team in the second half with the PI calls, PF calls and lack of holding defensive assignments, none of which Fickell has shown he can correct.

Comment

• I heard from a friend who lives in Columbus and is a tosu grad. He said that there is an online movement calling for Day's head. The candidates are Urban and Fickell. He does not think that anything will happen and it is just the "entitlement" attitude of the tosu fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                        I know it’s a complete knee jerk reaction for OSU fans to be calling for Day’s head after the loss today. However, seeing as this is the opening we all know Fickell’s waiting for, we actually have a reason to be worried this time.

The blame game has started. The defensive backfield coaches are mentioned. I believe one coached at UC and his UC replacement is blamed for not recruiting well enough during his second stint at tOSU and now UC. --- From 11 warriors - Those who were skeptical of Ohio State’s pass defense following inconsistency and a lack of real tests throughout the season saw their worst fears confirmed Saturday, as J.J. McCarthy and company took advantage of the one defensive unit that didn’t seem to benefit substantially from Ohio State’s defensive coaching staff overhaul.

Bearcat Bret -- of course they are upset. Look at some of us here wanting CWM gone. It is the privilege of being a fan. tOSU was embarrassed. While many would want Urban, it was the daughter of the largest supporter of the University who led the move to remove him. She is still on the board as well as her last name on many buildings especially the famous Wexler Medical Center. Her main cause is against woman abuse and urban protected one on his staff. That led to his exit. CLF is the former Captain/hero coming back to finish the job he started although dealt a very bad hand. One more loss to Michigan will do it.

Comment

• OF course another famous donor twitted LeBron James

@KingJames
                          Good Ole Old Fashion ***** Kicking!!!

Comment

• https://es.pn/3OEDPNG

Comment

• Wisconsin making push to hire Fickell
                              https://es.pn/3OEDPNG

Comment

• It is hot Wisconsin Targeting Cincinnati Coach Luke Fickell As New Badgers Football Coach Per Report | Eleven Warriors
                                Thamel indicates that no deal has been signed, but the Badgers are pushing to have Fickell locked down within the next 48 hours.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X