No announcement yet.

CFP Rankings 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguing UC's merit with the Cartel Football Playoff is obviously and exercise in futility, but the author below makes a good point - virtually every probable team ranked ahead of UC in the playoff has already lost to the top teams. Might as well give the Bearcats a shot.

College Football Playoff: Let Cincinnati in you absolute cowards (usatoday.com)
    "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• This is Stewart Mandel's prediction on the CFP and all the bowls (free article). He notes that because of canceled games and school opt outs, some bowls may only be able to get one team slotted.

https://theathletic.com/2262186/2020...projections-2/
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• They're still revealing teams but the P5 bias is real with the CFP committee. We may not even be #7 in the rankings. We were not in the top 6.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Vannini on the CFP: ($)

https://theathletic.com/2274045/2020...all-playoff-2/
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Interesting article.
            The College Football Playoff Just Made Its Worst Selection Ever - The Ringer

Comment

• The problem is that it simply is never going to change!

Comment

• The corruption is on full display. Any organization that goes by its initials can not be trusted

Comment

• Originally posted by richard k. View Post

The problem is that it simply is never going to change!
                  Any professors and/or collection of ambitious students in the college of law feel like bringing an antitrust lawsuit?
                  "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel." - former colleague to Jim Tressel as quoted in Sports Illustrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binturong05 View Post

Any professors and/or collection of ambitious students in the college of law feel like bringing an antitrust lawsuit?
                    This, or a racketerering suit, needs to happen. The problem is if you sue the CFP, the P5 will stop scheduling the G5 entirely which is exactly what they want to do in the first place.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Hello fellows. I am a Buckeye. I come here not to gloat or rub salt in wounds. I just wanted to say a few things. I watched every Cincinnati game that I was able to watch this year. I watched your defense smother talented offensive teams. I watched your offense continuously evolve and improve. I watched Desmond Ridder befuddle and bemuse opposing defenses. Overall what I saw was a championship caliber team playing championship worthy football against high quality, talented opponents. And when it was all said and done, your team got jobbed. Totally, completely and unabashedly jobbed. The CFP selection committee has finally pulled away the remaining vestiges of the curtain behind which they have been hiding. And they have revealed that they are . . . basically a bunch of accountant bean-counter types more interested in revenue raising than identifying the four best teams in college football. As for Notre Dame, TAMU & OSU, I cannot say for certain that I know which team is the fourth best this year. All I can say is that Cincinnati is the third best as of this moment. Wishing you all well in this royally FUBARed world, this is BuckeyeBearcat shaking his head and signing off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckeyeBearcat View Post
                        Hello fellows. I am a Buckeye. I come here not to gloat or rub salt in wounds. I just wanted to say a few things. I watched every Cincinnati game that I was able to watch this year. I watched your defense smother talented offensive teams. I watched your offense continuously evolve and improve. I watched Desmond Ridder befuddle and bemuse opposing defenses. Overall what I saw was a championship caliber team playing championship worthy football against high quality, talented opponents. And when it was all said and done, your team got jobbed. Totally, completely and unabashedly jobbed. The CFP selection committee has finally pulled away the remaining vestiges of the curtain behind which they have been hiding. And they have revealed that they are . . . basically a bunch of accountant bean-counter types more interested in revenue raising than identifying the four best teams in college football. As for Notre Dame, TAMU & OSU, I cannot say for certain that I know which team is the fourth best this year. All I can say is that Cincinnati is the third best as of this moment. Wishing you all well in this royally FUBARed world, this is BuckeyeBearcat shaking his head and signing off.
                        Appreciate your kind words BuckeyeBearcat, but in watching UCF get slaughtered by BYU, I’m just thinking that the AAC was not very good this year. The Georgia game will be a true test.

B.C
                        "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X