No announcement yet.

CFP Rankings 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch the last one. Sun Belt CCG has been canceled.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Scratch the last one. Sun Belt CCG has been canceled.
      Any chance they move us to the 3:30 slot?
      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Any chance they move us to the 3:30 slot?
        I doubt it and I don't think I would want it moved. I know that it stinks that it is on at the same time as the basketball game but we get alot more exposure at 8 as opposed to 3:30. I think we will lose against Georgia anyway but I will still DVR the game to watch later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post

I doubt it and I don't think I would want it moved. I know that it stinks that it is on at the same time as the basketball game but we get alot more exposure at 8 as opposed to 3:30. I think we will lose against Georgia anyway but I will still DVR the game to watch later.
          I'd agree. Too late to flipping broadcast windows around. Can't imagine the TV crew, teams, Refs, AD, Ticket office etc. would be real happy with a move on about 24 hours notice.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I was really looking forward to the CC vs. Louisiana game.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• I know there has been a lot of banter about Ohio state not playing enough games and the conference being down this year, but I still think that the Big Ten champ will have earned a spot in the playoff if it is Ohio state. Here's hoping Northwestern wins

Same for the ACC champ, winner is in and loser is out. I don't think ND has done enough at this point to remain in the field should they lose to Clemson. If ND wins, they will have earned it, and it will be well deserved. As to 2 loss Clemson potential, sorry, buh-bye, no 2 loss teams should get in. That clears the way for Texas A&M to join Bama.

The committee has made it clear, UC has no shot as it is considered to be less impressive to their eyes than three 2-loss teams. We all disagree with that and it isn't the topic here. I truly believe a 1 loss A&M should be ahead of UC and will get "our spot" should one of the top 4 lose, which is a given since 2 plays 3. However, what if chaos truly happens this week and the Bearcats absolutely obliterate Tulsa? Peach Bowl for UC, and the first time all playoff teams have blemishes, and the first time a 2-loss team gets in. Those are the perceptions, which are wrong, but they are the perceptions. My beef isn't about getting into the CFP. They were never letting us into that money pot. My beef is the ranking behind 2-loss teams. Being behind one is too many and the team will be fired up Saturday :Night at Nip". Even if we were appropriately ranked 6th, our CFP chances would require Bama to win, ND to win, Ohio state to lose, and Tennessee beating Texas A&M. That is the one sequence, and the only one had we been ranked 6th. It is more than disrespectful to our team and our league.

Blow up the current CFP and Bowl dominated system! The solution isn't simply move to an 8 team playoff either. The better solution is eliminate non-conference games, everyone play 10 conference games (5 home and 5 away) then have a 128 team tourney with the top 64 ranked team at home game, then the next round to the 32 best ranked remaining teams also getting a home game (travel teams get expenses paid by the tv contract). Once you are down to 16 teams, use the big bowl games to host remaining playoff games. The last two teams only play 1 or 2 more games. As an added bonus, the other bowls can invite any team not in the top 16 so those teams (and fans) get a travel exhibition game. Settle this thing on the field. Take away perceptions. It can be done, if there is enough money for the schools and the bowls

Comment

• USC can forget about a come-from-behind entry into the CFP. Oregon held onto a 28-21 win at the Coliseum last night.

Comment

• Ohio State University Football just announced 22 players are unavailable today.

Unavailable
                  WR Chris Booker
                  CB Cam Brown
                  LB Baron Browning
                  RB Steele Chambers
                  P Drue Chrisman
                  DL Jacolbe Cowan
                  LB Tommy Eichenberg
                  DE Tyler Friday
                  DT Zaid Hamdan
                  WR Jaylen Harris
                  QB Gunnar Hoak
                  DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste
                  LB Cade Kacherski
                  QB Jagger Laroe
                  WR Chris Olave
                  TE Corey Rau
                  LB Ben Schmiesing
                  SAF Bryson Shaw
                  OL Ryan Smith
                  WR Jaxon Smith Njigba
                  DB Alec Taylor
                  SAF Kourt Williams

Game-Time Decision
                  SAF Marcus Hooker

Olave is the only name I recognize.

Comment

• It's half time in the first window of games.

A&M is up on Tennessee 24-13

Iowa St finally scored at the 1:30 mark . Oklahoma went down in 1:30 and scored again leads at half 24-7.

Northwestern is up on OSU 10-6. OSU had a shot to take the lead at the half and got picked off in the endzone.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      It's half time in the first window of games.

A&M is up on Tennessee 24-13

Iowa St finally scored at the 1:30 mark . Oklahoma went down in 1:30 and scored again leads at half 24-7.

Northwestern is up on OSU 10-6. OSU had a shot to take the lead at the half and got picked off in the endzone.
                      How much did Luke recruit Ramsey and Porter?

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

How much did Luke recruit Ramsey and Porter?
                        Not sure how far we got in the process with Porter but we offered him. We did not recruit Ramsey to my knowledge. I might be wrong on that but the archives here don’t show a link for Ramsey
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Oklahoma has defeated Iowa St 27-21. Open spot to move up if we win and somebody doesn’t jump us
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ND is getting run out of the building at the half
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• There's only 2 undefeated conference champs with 7 games or more.

Comment

• The final selection show for the CFP will on at noon today on both ESPN and ESPNU.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X