No announcement yet.

Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m pretty skeptical here-I don’t believe ESPN will allow an undefeated AAC team into a playoff of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
      I’m pretty skeptical here-I don’t believe ESPN will allow an undefeated AAC team into a playoff of 4.
      I tend to agree with you. However, I believe that the UC-Georgia game was the most watched out of the Jan.1 games. If ESPN thinks for a moment that they could make more money having an underdog (UC) in the final 4, they may do it. I have lived outside of the UC "influence zone" and I have had co-workers tell me that they would have rather watched UC in the CFP than the same four teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I tend to agree with you. However, I believe that the UC-Georgia game was the most watched out of the Jan.1 games. If ESPN thinks for a moment that they could make more money having an underdog (UC) in the final 4, they may do it. I have lived outside of the UC "influence zone" and I have had co-workers tell me that they would have rather watched UC in the CFP than the same four teams.
        That is correct on the TV ratings and I'm glad we've got some people out there that are up for new entrants to the CFP arena.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

AP poll will be out in about 2 hours
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We are at #8 in the AP poll

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
            Last edited by Lobot; 08-16-2021, 12:03 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

A lot of nice things being said about the program.

Comment

One writer thinks Cincinnati is Over-rated:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ball-rankings/

I like articles like this. Anything to give the team a chip on their shoulder. Leave no room for doubt. Show up the haters.
                Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 08-17-2021, 08:58 AM.
                Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

It will have to be a situation where leaving us, or another G5 team out, would be so obviously biased they couldn't. Start with game 1 focus and then keep playing our schedule, one at a time. If it all goes well, we have to hope ND and IU do well, at most 1 other loss, plus a conference foe loses only once, to us of course. A one loss ND will have beaten FSU, Wisconsin, USC, and UNC.1 loss IU with victories over Tosu, PSU, and Minnesota (who is good).we will need lots of other stuff to happen, but starting this high with two high profile road non-conference games....this is best shot.

I tend to agree, if ESPN can manipulate it to leave us out, they will.
                  But, But, But it's the College Football Selection Committee that choses the team. You believe that, don't you?

According to the CFP’s site, this is who is on the selection committee:
                  • Gary Barta (University of Iowa athletic director)
                  • Ken Hatfield (Former head coach and football player)
                  • Paola Boivin (professor at Arizona State University)
                  • Tom Burman (University of Wyoming athletic director)
                  • Rick George (University of Colorado athletic director)
                  • Joe Castiglione (University of Oklahoma athletic director)
                  • Ronnie Lott (former football player)
                  • R.C. Slocum (Former head coach at Texas A&M)
                  • Terry Mohajir (Arkansas State athletic director)
                  • Todd Stansbury (Georgia Tech athletic director)
                  • Ray Odierno (Former chief of state of the Army; former football player)
                  • John Urschel (former football player)
                  • Scott Stricklin (University of Florida athletic director)

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                    It will have to be a situation where leaving us, or another G5 team out, would be so obviously biased they couldn't. Start with game 1 focus and then keep playing our schedule, one at a time. If it all goes well, we have to hope ND and IU do well, at most 1 other loss, plus a conference foe loses only once, to us of course. A one loss ND will have beaten FSU, Wisconsin, USC, and UNC.1 loss IU with victories over Tosu, PSU, and Minnesota (who is good).we will need lots of other stuff to happen, but starting this high with two high profile road non-conference games....this is best shot.

I tend to agree, if ESPN can manipulate it to leave us out, they will.
                    Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

We're the highest ranked team Notre Dame plays this year. I've seen some commentary saying that #17 Indiana is underrated. Beating those 2 teams gets us in to the discussion (assuming all the other games are wins).

Comment

What an absolutely great year to be a UC fan-Ranked 8th preseason, 2 incredible regional road games, a senior QB, Pierce/Thomas/Whyle, our defense. Maybe the only chink in the armor is RB & our conference schedule. Maybe Ford will turn me into a believer but I’m not impressed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                          We're the highest ranked team Notre Dame plays this year. I've seen some commentary saying that #17 Indiana is underrated. Beating those 2 teams gets us in to the discussion (assuming all the other games are wins).
                          IMO, I agree that IU is underrated but a lot of their rating depends on how healthy Michael Penix is at QB. He's expected to fully recover from a torn ACL and start the season. IU might be the second best team in the B1G with a healthy Penix.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It's time for the Bottom 10. Stick around for the waiting list at the bottom of the Bottom.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-back-bad-ever
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

How would you like to be a Temple player after that slam? Accurate, though.

Comment

That bottom 10 is funny. A few schools that think that they belong in one of the power 5 conferences are on that list.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X