No announcement yet.

Polls 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where this goes but if we are ranking, we have to rate UTenn fans some of the worse. They hit Kiffin with a golf ball after their loss to Ole Miss. Kind of reminds me of Charlette basketball fans throwing quaters at Huggs and Bobby Brannen.
    Last edited by bearcatbret; 10-17-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• AP #2/Coaches #3.

Comment

• https://apnews.com/article/college-f...79c063d08bd52a
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I would be perfectly happy if Georgia continues to win and win the SEC CCG, staying at number 1 going into the Playoff games. I don't want the Bearcats to ascend to number 1 due to losses and still get media snickering, "Yeah they're pretty good, but who have they played?"

I'd rather be 2 in the first CFP rankings, stay at 2, maybe even drop to 3 (those two don't really matter with the CFP format), and then only way to get to number 1 is by winning two games against the best of the best. I'm not predicting we would win them, but getting to number 1 by winning those last two games with nothing ahead would be much sweeter than getting to number 1 due to P5 team losses. If we get to number 1 during season then lose in the Playoff, it would be sad because the pundits would claim to be right all along (even if we lose by 1 point on a last second field goal). Beside Georgia beating Bama in SEC CCG improves our chances of not getting left out of CFP.
          Last edited by red_n_black_attack; 10-18-2021, 10:11 AM.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• This early, there are too many scenarios to contemplate. Too many undefeated and one loss blue bloods.

Comment

• Here's one author's guess on the top options to make the CFP. He ranked the teams by percentage chance to make the playoff. ($)

https://theathletic.com/2897507/2021...ampaign=601983
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post
                This early, there are too many scenarios to contemplate. Too many undefeated and one loss blue bloods.
                Agreed, and some of those scenarios could make it hard for Committee to put UC in the CFP. All I'm rooting for is Georgia to win out so UC doesn't become #1 by a Georgia loss t somebody else. I want UC to be #1, but I want it in the final poll after we beat an undefeated consensus #1 Georgia, if that is the way it plays out. There's a lot of football over the next two months that could change it. I just don't want to see UC ascend to #1 during regular season where pundits can (and will) question the validity. I am rooting for that scenario out of many as the only way UC ascend to #1 ranking.

Comment

• Here is a UC News Record reporter pointing out what needs to happen for the Bearcats to be in the CFP.
                  Opinion | The steps necessary to lock UC in the CFP | Sports | newsrecord.org

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Agreed, and some of those scenarios could make it hard for Committee to put UC in the CFP. All I'm rooting for is Georgia to win out so UC doesn't become #1 by a Georgia loss t somebody else. I want UC to be #1, but I want it in the final poll after we beat an undefeated consensus #1 Georgia, if that is the way it plays out. There's a lot of football over the next two months that could change it. I just don't want to see UC ascend to #1 during regular season where pundits can (and will) question the validity. I am rooting for that scenario out of many as the only way UC ascend to #1 ranking.
                    If being #2 doesn't punch our ticket, #1 probably wouldn't either. Given our remaining schedule, I don't see how we could move up anyway. Maybe a loss by Georgia and defeating an unbeaten SMU, but I think we could well get leapfrogged by the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                      Here is a UC News Record reporter pointing out what needs to happen for the Bearcats to be in the CFP.
                      Opinion | The steps necessary to lock UC in the CFP | Sports | newsrecord.org
                      Instead of Michigan, can we root for an undefeated MSU? They can hand both Oh St and Pa St losses with Harbaugh dropping 3 or 4 of last 5. The Luke almost went to MSU storyline could be fun.

If there are only 4 undefeated conference champs, this assumes we won't get jumped by a one loss Pac-12 team or a two loss SEC/B!G team. I think both are possible for the committee so I am rooting for only two undefeated teams, Georgia and UC. The more P5 teams with losses, the better our chances. We need Georgia undefeated to keep out a second SEC team. Even beating IU and ND on the road, the cards are stacked against us.

Side note: when Houston plays SMU, who do we root for to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

Side note: when Houston plays SMU, who do we root for to win?
                        I think you root for SMU to be undefeated when they come to Nippert for schedule strength reasons. The only problem with that is that we might end up playing them in Nippert twice depending on how Houston and SMU finish the season. There's no divisions in football this year so it's the top 2 teams to the AAC Championship.

Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• I don't mind playing SMU twice at Nippert so they can get both losses to the Bearcats.

Comment

• Surprisingly, we moved up to #2 in the coaches poll this week

Comment

• Here’s the whole thing. We jumped OU and so did Alabama

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
                              Last edited by Lobot; 10-24-2021, 01:36 PM.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Here’s the whole thing. We jumped OU and so did Alabama

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/
                                SMU movved up to #16 and Notre Dame up to #11. Need both those teams to keep winning.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X