Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Oklahoma is a done deal for Brent Venables per a couple of sources, so it won’t be there.

ND could go a different way but there’s also the rumor of Ryan Day heading to the Chicago Bears to worry about.
    TO$U is the one i would really worry about. In any event the coaching carousel is not good for NCAA/FBS and should be stopped. If not stopped then penalize schools and coaches for moving prior to championships/bowl seasons. When will the governing boards see these problems and grow a pair and stop this sh..
    Last edited by Greg7173; 11-30-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

When will the governing boards see these problems and grow a pair and stop this sh..
      When the money dries up and it doesnt make fiscal sense.

EDIT: While heavily based in Kelly bashing (makes me suspect ND fan)...there are some points; even if just a Yahoo article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-bri...035838855.html
      Last edited by Colonel; 11-30-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Of which team?
        ND. Freeman's time is now. I'm believing more they hired him with the intention of replacing him(Kelly). The timing might be early, but nobody planned on these crazy contracts. MF is not going to continue to be a coordinator. They paid/pay him crazy money for that. I don't think ND is a serious candidate for the playoff given history. They would likely leapfrog them with the bye week issue. It might help their stock with MF in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
          Kelly gets revenge on UC for beating him this year, by leaving and creating much speculation about CLF going to Notre Dame.
          I hate to say it folks, but I can see that happening with CLF going up there joining Freeman. His stock as a coach will never be higher than it is right now.

B.C.

BC - I have appreciated reading your posts for many years. Your comment feels a little negative...perhaps this is glass half-full or empty thing, but I think the best is still yet to come. I have no personal insight into what drives CLF, but building a program vs chasing ghosts has to be attractive at some level.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoCats1994 View Post

BC - I have appreciated reading your posts for many years. Your comment feels a little negative...perhaps this is glass half-full or empty thing, but I think the best is still yet to come. I have no personal insight into what drives CLF, but building a program vs chasing ghosts has to be attractive at some level.
            I hear you GoCats, but let's look at the reality of the situation. UC loses tons of key players next year. Let's say that UC finishes 8-4 next year, versus 13-0 this year. That translates to millions of dollars for the HC in what he is worth on the coaching market.

I hope CLF stays, but the aura of ND is very strong. I went to the UC-ND game this year, and there is something special about that place, I hate to say.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Several reports now that Freeman is the guy at Notre Dame.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoCats View Post
                I noticed BDF already earns more per year than Kelly. What other means was Kelly getting besides base pay? Seems low for Notre Dame.
                He is allowed to have private contracts on the side to subsidize his posted salary. I read that in an article the past couple o days. I think those private contracts are just boosters sliding him cash.

As for another question, the Fickles are Catholic and that is why they like Cincinnati and the City's long history of the Church.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post

When the money dries up and it doesnt make fiscal sense.

EDIT: While heavily based in Kelly bashing (makes me suspect ND fan)...there are some points; even if just a Yahoo article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-bri...035838855.html
                  I totally agree with this article but the content should not surprise anyone who has followed BK. He did the exact same thing with UC. When he left, I believe that Combs and student trainers were the only ones left to coach against Florida in the Sugar Bowl. There was no "parental" guidance for the players and the curfew was not enforced allowing broken-hearted 20-year olds to wander New Orleans. Most UC fans did not mind BK leaving for ND (who could blame him), it was the timing and how he did it. History has just repeated itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

Most UC fans did not mind BK leaving for ND (who could blame him), it was the timing and how he did it. History has just repeated itself.
                    Totally agreed.

Comment

• ND has a presser with Jack Swarbrick on tap for 10:00 this morning. Not sure if that's Eastern time or Central, because Indiana.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Several reports now that Freeman is the guy at Notre Dame.
                        We can only hope and pray.

Comment

• In other news, Looks like Thamel has Brent Pry, the DC at Penn St, headed to Virgina Tech as HC.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not that there was any doubt at this point, but Kelly is official at LSU (changed Twitter bio and all).

Formal press conference tomorrow... I guess he could have stayed at the team meeting more than 10 minutes this morning!

Comment

ND has a presser with Jack Swarbrick on tap for 10:00 this morning. Not sure if that's Eastern time or Central, because Indiana.
                              Pretty sure ND is on Eastern Time. Just the Evansville and Chicago Area counties are on Central.
                              Josh Rexhausen
                              CE'99

Comment

• LA Tech will hire long time OC Sonny Cumbie as HC per Football Scoop
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X