No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it isn't necessary and who really knows the future, but it would be nice for CLF to let his team know (perhaps he already has) that he is staying. That is, if he is, but who knows the future. I do believe Day stays at Columbus, but I do wonder about Coombs. If Coombs leaves there are many spots for his recruiting talents, but I wonder if the Bearcats or even the bengals (d-backs/advisers) have room for him. Just speculating people since Coombs is a Cincy legend.

Comment

• We do not want Coombs. His time has passed. I don't see CLF stepping over MF at ND. Really only leaves an O$U which I doubt opens up for a while...but anything goes. We just need the next up and comer like CLF or WM.

Comment

• From Swarbrick via SI just now:

Notre Dame hasn't made a decision on an interim coach, Jack Swarbrick says. He suggests that the Irish actually might take a different approach and not have an interim coach.

Swarbrick went on to say that they won’t use a search firm.

There are a couple ways you can read that.

1. They’ve got their guy already in Freeman
        2. They’re going to have someone in place before the Playoffs.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
          We do not want Coombs. His time has passed. I don't see CLF stepping over MF at ND. Really only leaves an O$U which I doubt opens up for a while...but anything goes. We just need the next up and comer like CLF or WM.
          I don't think his time has passed, but he wasn't a DC. He still can recruit and coach def, backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by hipal88 View Post
            We do not want Coombs. His time has passed. I don't see CLF stepping over MF at ND. Really only leaves an O$U which I doubt opens up for a while...but anything goes. We just need the next up and comer like CLF or WM.
            I am no longer on the Kerry Coombs bandwagon. My money says CLF stays.

B.C.
            "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• LOL...10 minute farewell by Kelly. His players were certainly a priority to him. Chase that money..screw those that you recruited to get that money. I feel for ND football players right now. Seriously.

Comment

• Sonny Dykes is finally official at TCU after the worst kept secret in the carousel
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• BK is trying to hire Marcus Freeman at LSU. He’s trying to force Swarbrick’s hand here I think. This should be interesting. Hopefully it doesn’t trickle down to UC and Fickell but it very well might.
                  Last edited by Lobot; 11-30-2021, 12:23 PM.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• George Vogel is reporting that ND will conduct a search for a new HC.

That search will probably include Marcus Freeman but I find it interesting that they would do this because as a private Insitution I don’t think they’re bound to hiring rules like UC would be as a public university.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

I don't think his time has passed, but he wasn't a DC. He still can recruit and coach def, backs.
                      Back when he was coaching our defensive backs, i wasn't impressed with his coaching ability. Our DBs could stay up with the receivers but never developed the talent to look back and play the ball at the right time. I will give you he is a tremendous recruiter and motivator but i think we already have that...at least for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post
                        LOL...10 minute farewell by Kelly. His players were certainly a priority to him. Chase that money..screw those that you recruited to get that money. I feel for ND football players right now. Seriously.
                        Kelly is a snake oil salesman hiding as a good catholic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post
                          LOL...10 minute farewell by Kelly. His players were certainly a priority to him. Chase that money..screw those that you recruited to get that money. I feel for ND football players right now. Seriously.
                          10 minute farewell at 7:00 AM. If I'm recruiting against LSU, I remind every recruit about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Back when he was coaching our defensive backs, i wasn't impressed with his coaching ability. Our DBs could stay up with the receivers but never developed the talent to look back and play the ball at the right time. I will give you he is a tremendous recruiter and motivator but i think we already have that...at least for the time being.
                            He did rather well recruiting and coaching the DBs at Ohio state as #1 draft choices will testify. He did enough at UC to lead the nation in interceptions in 2007. He caught Urban Meyer's eye for OSU and I remember how pissed many were in here. He did good for Mike Vrabel to hire him for the NFL until $$$$ and close to home brought him back to Columbus. I don't want him as head coach, but he sure can recruit and knows the area very well. The state of Cincinnati .

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

10 minute farewell at 7:00 AM. If I'm recruiting against LSU, I remind every recruit about this.
                              It was more classy than his leaving UC and TT leaving a recruit at dinner to take the UC job. Perhaps Kelly could go into politics. Good luck in the SEC,

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X