No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure Day wants the job but Bears ownership is reportedly interested in Day as well as Kellen Moore if you believe all the smoke from low level sources. Corso made it worse on 11/27 when he suggested that Day is NFL ready and we all know that Day is really an NFL guy to begin with. I'm not convinced the smoke is anything but we obviously need to hope that it isn't.

If you Google "Ryan Day Chicago", there's no shortage of links to choose from but the sources are sometimes questionable.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• But should that happen; its NFL cycle and would give CLF the space to coach up the 'Cats next few weeks without the media BS.

And if o$u comes calling....is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel View Post
        But should that happen; its NFL cycle and would give CLF the space to coach up the 'Cats next few weeks without the media BS.

And if o$u comes calling....is what it is.
        Chicago Bears last game is Jan 9. They're 4-7 and won't make the NFL playoffs. It's a pretty forgone conclusion that Nagy is getting fired between now and then. Hopefully The ownership and GM don't move on it right away.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Stop trying to burst our happy bubble Brent. 😂

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ext-head-coach

Comment

• Theisman congratulating Freeman as ND head coach.

Comment

• Adam Rittenberg/Chris Low of ESPN reporting Steve Addazio has been fired by Colorado State after two seasons. He was formerly at Boston College and was the coach when UC crushed them in the 2019 Birmingham Bowl. I believe Butch Jones may have been a CSU candidate before Addazio was hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

I hear ya, but has there ever been anything explicitly suggesting Day would be interested in the NFL? Feel like every year names are thrown out there from the college rankings (and, sure, some have departed for the NFL). Other than Justin Fields being on the Bears and a coaching change in Chicago imminent, I am not sure I'm seeing the connection.

I don't think Day would leave for this gig, but we've all been surprised a number of times in the last week.

Also, that would be a tough way to go out -- getting crushed by Michigan in your last game (or perhaps coaching in a semi-meaningless bowl game...after getting crushed by Michigan)
                  Is the Rose Bowl one of the ones in the final 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                    Stop trying to burst our happy bubble Brent. 😂
                    Haha. Sorry.

But hey Colorado St just opened up. Addazio is out per The Athletic
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Not sure of all the details but usually there is a waiting period before UC can fully realize increased revenues after it becomes a full-fledged member of the Big 12, but nonetheless I was wondering if there was a way the athletic dept. could 'borrow' against future earnings to give CLF more $$$ without needing boosters' largesse...just wondering if some type of university-backed loan is possible or some other creative financing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnFrancis View Post
                        I was wondering if there was a way the athletic dept. could 'borrow' against future earnings to give CLF more $$$ without needing boosters' largesse...just wondering if some type of university-backed loan is possible or some other creative financing.
                        "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Maybe, but isn't that just the American way? Pay later for the thing you want now? There was a hilarious SNL Skit with Steve Martin about 8 years ago selling a free book (1 page) Don't Buy Stuff You Can't Afford.

Josh Rexhausen
                        CE'99

Comment

• Too funny...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Is the Rose Bowl one of the ones in the final 4?
                            Not this year. The Orange and Cotton bowls serve as semifinal sites this season.

Comment

• Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia
                              https://virginiasports.com/news/2021...ootball-coach/

Comment

• Geez, I just looked at Notre Dame's schedule next year: Ohio State, BYU, USC (obviously), an up and coming BC, and a UNC program that is recruiting well 2 years in a row now although this past year they were sort of a disappointment - look for a rebound next year, Stanford, Navy, Marshall (all three can be bothersome) - yikes! oops, left out CLEMSON!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X