No announcement yet.

Coaching Carousel '21-22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Feldman: Temple has zeroed in on Texas RB coach/run game coordinator Stan Drayton to become the Owls next head coach. He has spent a lot of time in Philly from coaching at Penn and Villanova, and also has strong ties to new TU AD Arthur Johnson, who came from Texas.

Comment

• Ryan Day addresses NFL rumors https://footballscoop.com/news/ryan-...f-nfl-interest

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

Have to hope the grass isn't greener here. See Urban Meyer...
        No it is not. Urban was fired last night. It's a funny stat, but he tied Petrino's amount of games at Atlanta, albeit with one less win.

Mixed in with this is another UC alum, George Warhop, a Jax assistant coach.

Comment

• Bruce Feldman is reporting that USC (Riley) is hiring Houston's Co-OC/OL coach Brandon Jones

Comment

• There is also news that there is a group out to destroy the reputation of Urban.

Comment

• Denbrock expected to join Kelly at LSU.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...l-coordinators

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
                There is also news that there is a group out to destroy the reputation of Urban.
                He was fired for cause, so no additional money coming his way. So sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carin's Dad View Post

He was fired for cause, so no additional money coming his way. So sad.
                  Anyone hear the cause??? Other than he couldn't win in Jacksonville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Saying it and proving it in a court of law are two different things. If I had to guess, there will be a compromise on the 40 million owed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

1. Embarrassing the team/franchise with his famous lap dance in Ohio. 2. Supposedly kicking the kicker before a game.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Kicking an employee is usually ground for termination. Apparently there was also an incident of some sort with Trevor Lawrence.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
                          Denbrock expected to join Kelly at LSU.

https://footballscoop.com/news/brian...l-coordinators
                          Bumping this -- would rather talk about UC's OC situation (GIno G if Denbrock leaves?) than Urban Meyer!

Comment

• Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Saying it and proving it in a court of law are two different things. If I had to guess, there will be a compromise on the 40 million owed him.
                            I said it when he was coaching aO$U and it now is coming to light. Urban is a dirty person who will skirt any rules to win. It worked for him in college because he won and got players to the NFL - it was in his players best interest to stay silent. At Jacksonville, the players he coached were already in the NFL and did not have to put up with his antics. It was just a matter of time before he was exposed by the NFL as a mediocre bench coach. There is no way I want him associated with UC football now or ever. Keep your dirty hands away from our program, Urban.

Comment

• Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

I said it when he was coaching aO$U and it now is coming to light. Urban is a dirty person who will skirt any rules to win. It worked for him in college because he won and got players to the NFL - it was in his players best interest to stay silent. At Jacksonville, the players he coached were already in the NFL and did not have to put up with his antics. It was just a matter of time before he was exposed by the NFL as a mediocre bench coach. There is no way I want him associated with UC football now or ever. Keep your dirty hands away from our program, Urban.
                              That is what you think and you are entitled. You answered a question which I never asked. What I said was saying it was for cause and proving it are two different things. Of course the jags are going to say it was for cause. What will Urban's
                              lawyers say. The bible covered that years ago and I know they teach that in Law School

New Living Translation
                              The first to speak in court sounds right— until the cross-examination begins.

English Standard Version
                              The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Proverbs 18:17

It will be some mud slinging (maybe not), but I believe a settlement will be reached. The Jags just gave the opening shot. Just because they claimed it was for cause doesn't make it so . If you notice, Urban's strategy is taking the high road trying to do damage control for his rep and get the people. He apologized to the fans in Jacksonville, said they were great and said the Jag's ownership were really good guys. It is all maneuvering as money and reps are involved. The Jag's ownership need a scapegoat to make look bad so they get off looking bad for the hire. Urban wants the money and wants his rep cleared.

Winning covers a multitude of sins and the Jags have been losers for a few too many years. Remember Urban coached at U of F less than 75 miles from Jacksonville. He has many fans who care for the gators and not so much for the Jags. There is a lot here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                                Kicking an employee is usually ground for termination. Apparently there was also an incident of some sort with Trevor Lawrence.
                                Proof is needed and even with that, settlements are made. The Jags don't want bad publicity. They do want the money and a scapegoat for the hire, but do they want the publicity and a trial in the state of Florida where Urban is well liked. The Jags need to sell tickets when they have a lousy team. Thus a reason why they hired Urban knowing his rep. Urban sells tickets. We often reap what we sow. I think many at UC would welcome Urban back as an advisor (maybe more) as well as the folks in Columbus and South Bend etc.

People sure forgave Jim Tressel after a couple of years. Heck Kelly was welcomed back. People are forgiving when it comes to sport heroes (not Bonds), but in Cincy, Pete Rose and Marge Schott are examples. Winning works wonders. How many chances did Bobby Petrino and others get.
                                Last edited by leo from jersey; 12-19-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X