Clear All

• Harbaugh to the NFL again? Weird timing
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
      Harbaugh to the NFL again? Weird timing
      He won the big game . His value is up . Bears owner likes him and U of M talent goes to the NFL except for youg QB, RB and a few others. The two DEs are gone. Then again he took a pay cut last year and his value is high right now for a new contract at Michigan.
      Last edited by leo from jersey; 01-04-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Or he is going to jump ship before it hits the fan. He may feel that they won't have the talent next year to compete, maybe some rules, maybe he wants to get out on top after making the CFP and beating tosu.

Comment

• The Chicago Bears have fired Matt Nagy. Now things may get interesting in a bad way. Happy Monday.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
            The Chicago Bears have fired Matt Nagy. Now things may get interesting in a bad way. Happy Monday.
            Yikes. This could really put UC back a few years. I can't see Fickell leaving UC high and dry so late in process, but if Day does go to Chicago I also can't see him passing on that opportunity. Urban Meyer (I kid) or Gino Guidugli as the next man in as head coach if it happens?

Comment

• Mike Zimmer and Brian Flores also out

Comment

• Day won’t leave aO$U to go to the NFL. He has one of the premier jobs in college football. Plus, he has been shaking up his coaching staff at aO$U. His team should be very good again next year and recruits keep coming to play for him. He is set for a long time at aO$U. As far as the other NFL jobs, I don’t see Fickell being interested in any of those jobs. UC should be safe for one more year.

Comment

• We may be off the hook here. The GM at Chicago was also fired during this. He was the one pushing for Ryan Day.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• It's been 3 weeks, but let's fire this thread up again. A report is out suggesting Jim Harbaugh is likely going to take the Minnesota Vikings job: https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-w...esota-vikings/

Comment

• I read a few things that Harbaugh is interviewing today (Wed Feb 2nd) and it is a formality. He hasn't had a meeting with players, though has said goodbyes to some in the Michigan football offices, which I find strange because he very well knows this isn't going to stay a secret. The same articles both said that Matt Rhule would be their top target. Even with a pair of five win seasons at Carolina, I cannot see him leaving NFL for Michigan. I also don't see this as a place Luke would accept; there's too many decades of hate for Luke to have to take back. I'm pulling for internal promotions that were mentioned, Mike Hart or Josh Gattis.
                      Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• This is a mess for Michigan that they created for themselves. They forced a restructured contract on Harbaugh and he goes out an finally beats OSU. He gets them to the CFP. Now he's suddenly worth more than MIchigan is paying him it would seem. If I were Harbaugh I'd have no faith in the administration there not pushing you out eventually. Time to leave.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Heather Dinich, ESPN:
                          - I'm told Harbaugh has not been dragging his feet intentionally on this. He is operating on NFL's timeline, Vikings operating in very business-like fashion. Timing out of his control. Has been very upfront w/ recruits and transparent. Class is already done. Staff off today.
                          - I'm told there's a slim chance he returns, but it's possible. If he does, some inside are convinced he could put it back on track. They have some holes on D, but could be very good. They've got it rolling. Others aren't so sure how it would work.
                          - I'm told Harbaugh loves Michigan, but he also wants to win a Super Bowl. It's possible to do both.

Comment

• Adam Schefter reporting that Harbaugh will be staying at Michigan

Comment

• Warm up a chair for Brian Harsin at Auburn. Lots of fun things going on down here. I would expect him to be out by the end of next week. Having an affair with your "assistant" that you brought with you from Boise St who used to be a BSU cheerleader is an interesting one even for the SEC.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The carousel never stops!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X