Navy 10/23 12:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post

The pollsters will only look at the final score and not consider that IU was a different team in that it played aO$U without its starting QB. I even wrote in my pre-game post that aO$U would annihilate IU. That is the bias of the pollsters.
    Do you think Penix would put up 55 points? He doesn't play defense. Besides that, the Buckeyes played the entire 4th quarter with backups. They may be as good as any team in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post
      .They may be as good as any team in the country.
      They might be...but then why didn’t they dominate Tulsa?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer_UC_fan View Post

Do you think Penix would put up 55 points? He doesn't play defense. Besides that, the Buckeyes played the entire 4th quarter with backups. They may be as good as any team in the country.
        IU’s first possession when it had it’s backup quarterback in the game, it marched down the field and scored on aO$U’s defense. He was injured on that scoring play and left the game after that. That team was not the same afterwards. Yes, aO$U scored in bunches but the defense was not so great against IU with its backup QB.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

Exactly! Ridder and Offense did not play well. First two possesions we could not score. and allowed Navy to score first and take control. We were playing their game most of the time. We put up a couple TD's early and it would have been a completely different game.

I think Navy prepared for that game like it was their Super Bowl. They apparently had offensive and defensive plays that Fickell had not seen or planned for.
          Only a bachelor party could be more excited to be heading to New Orleans than Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell. Nearly a week after the Bearcats narrowly
          Josh Rexhausen
          CE'99

Comment

Another thing I heard the broadcasters mention was Navy's quarterback never played the option in high school so he is learning the offense. The success or failure of that offense is highly determined by the quarterbacks decisions and every game he plays he gets better at making the decisions of who gets the ball. Navy will continue to get better as the season progresses.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X