Tulane 10/30 12:00 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane 10/30 12:00 ESPN2

Yet another noon game on the road. Hopefully we don't sleep walk this one but it's in the Central time Zone at 11:00am local.

I do not know the status of Tulane QB Michael Pratt, who is likely in concussion protocol after a really nasty hit this past Thursday night. The Green Wave have gone backwards this year at 1-6 with a current 5 game losing streak. Pratt was pretty effective at QB with the exception of his tendency to get sacked a lot (17). I've only seen them play once this year so I'm not sure if that's on him or the OL. Rushing is mostly Cameron Carroll's job but they do get multiple backs in the game. The receiving corps is interesting. The TE Tyrick James leds them in yards but lots of different players at every position have caught balls for them this season. They have 8 guys with double digits catches on the season. Whether that will be effective against our defense remains to be seen and the success of it for Tulane will probably depend on which QB plays in the game for them. Kicking is a problem for Tulane. They are 2/5 on FG attempts this season and have tried 3 kickers without much success outside of extra points.

Bearcat defense needs to be disciplined again this week. The Tulane offense features a lot of motion and misdirection. I think we'll come home with a victory again on this one but like this past weekend it might be less dominant than we'd like.

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

I’ve watched them on TV a couple of times this year. In my opinion, they are the weakest team in the AAC. Still, you can’t look past anybody anymore.

B.C.
    "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Sep 4, 2021 Oklahoma 40 - Tulane 35.

Comment

Tulane's D is horrible:

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulan...atdown-at-smu/

Comment

Originally posted by swilsonsp4 View Post
          Interesting nugget in there. The backup QB is out. If Pratt can’t go we’re going to terrorize a 3rd stringer
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's a write-up from the NO Times-Picayune. Five FBS opponents have topped their best offensive outputs of the season versus the Wave D:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/a...ba9e367af.html

Comment

Hey krewe! Anyone know what section is the visitor section at Yulman (Tulane)? My wife and I have made Louisiana (New Orleans) our home so we'd like to head over and cheer on the 'Cats! The only positive about Yulman is it is very small so no bad seats in the house. Can't wait to see some folks in NOLA!
              PROUDLY CINCINNATI

Comment

Tulane HC today said QB Pratt's status for Saturday is unknown. Pratt is still in concussion protocol. With the prime backup injured and Kai Horton, the true frosh third-stringer likely to start, the Green Wave have no other QB's on the roster. They're working out a running back and a receiver as possible emergency backups for Saturday.

This has Little Big Horn written all over it, if the Cats decide to show up focused in NOLA. The Green Wave D is a train wreck and the QB probably is unprepared. He's certainly green.

UC 52-3

Comment

There was some team a while ago that had a similar QB issue, the 3rd string QB got hurt during the game and they switched to an option offense with a WR that played option QB in high school and ran all over the other team with it. I don't think that will happen here but preparation for the unexpected is key.
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's some info on Pratt/Horton from the Times-Picayune:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/a...ef6693c0d.html

Comment

There are some telling numbers that demonstrate how bad the Green Wave have been this season:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/a...517425aed.html

Comment

QUICK NOTE: I'm not sure how strict Ohio has been BUT, here in New Orleans, you will need proof of vaccination or negative test in the past 72 hours and a mask (indoor venues only) to enter Yulman Stadium. You will also be required to wear a mask for any indoor venue any venue in the city of New Orleans. Just a heads up on the landscape down here for any Bearcat fans making the trip to the Big Easy!
                        PROUDLY CINCINNATI

Comment

Don't you technically need a proof of vax at Nippert as well? I believe technically they can refuse one without it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are as many UC fans at that game in Nola vs. Tulane. I seriously doubt any checking will go on. May be safest place in the city given it's outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                            Don't you technically need a proof of vax at Nippert as well? I believe technically they can refuse one without it. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are as many UC fans at that game in Nola vs. Tulane. I seriously doubt any checking will go on. May be safest place in the city given it's outdoors.
                            Just providing information, not to stir any pots. New Orleans has some of the most restrictive COVID mandates in the country and they are followed by the majority of places, including outdoor event/business spaces. Yulman's crowds are so light though that you could socially distance everyone in the stadium.
                            PROUDLY CINCINNATI

Comment

ESPN2 crew:
                              Anish Shroff (pxp)
                              Mike Golic, Jr.
                              Taylor McGregor (sideline)

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X