Tulsa 11/6 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa 11/6 3:30 ESPN2

Homecoming. College GameDay's coming. Should be a fun weekend for those who are able to make it. Wear Red and have fun. Ignore the CFP mess and cheer on the Cats.

Tulsa's led by Davis Brin at QB. Brin has more yards up than Desmond RIdder this season but he also has a 1:1 TD to Interception ratio and a decent amount of sacks to his name. Josh Johnson is the favored target and the running game is a committee but the top two backs are pretty good. Deneric Prince in particular gave us some issues last year. I usually don't talk about kickers but Tulsa's kicker hasn't missed a XP or FG all season. The defense no longer has Zaven Collins and it shows. The leading solo tackler on the team is a CB.

The Golden Hurricane are fairly balanced this season which is weird for Philip Montgomery whois an Art Briles disciple. They are 3-5 heading into this game and I don't see them improving on that this weeked. I would not be surprised if Montgomery finally loses his job after this season.

The line on this game is Bearcats -22.5. I'd love for us to blow these guys up becuase they are a common opponent with tOSU who struggled with them to the point that Kerry Coombs lost control of the defensive play calling after their. ESPN give UC a whopping 94.4% win odds.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/202

Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Oh and enjoy this as well.

https://twitter.com/Skyline_Chili/st...19555482632207
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

UC 70
      Tulsa 7

Comment

Key Hurricane stat: Tulsa have yielded 49 points this season against their special teams (28) and turnover TD's (21).

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
          Lorenz Metz took a lot of heat his first two years for his propensity for pre-snap jumps when he was at tackle. Really glad he has grown and is getting some love at his new guard spot. He deserves it!

And while I don't generally like to pile on we need a 70 point outing to celebrate Homecoming, Gameday and GMA (yes they had a spot on UC this morning, including "Down the Drive").
          Last edited by Greg7173; 11-05-2021, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I guess I say this a lot, but this game worries me. Tulsa has been hearing the hype all week, and they’re not terrible. They would love nothing better than to knock off UC, because of the UC ranking, and even more so because we’re leaving them behind in the AAC. They probably feel a little disrespected being the homecoming opponent too. For all these reasons you can bet they’ll bring all they have and even more. It important that we match their intensity, which I worry about with all the distractions this week. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by longtimefan View Post
              I guess I say this a lot, but this game worries me. Tulsa has been hearing the hype all week, and they’re not terrible. They would love nothing better than to knock off UC, because of the UC ranking, and even more so because we’re leaving them behind in the AAC. They probably feel a little disrespected being the homecoming opponent too. For all these reasons you can bet they’ll bring all they have and even more. It important that we match their intensity, which I worry about with all the distractions this week. Hope I’m wrong.
              At this point in the season EVERYONE wants to knock us off. There will be no easy games.

Comment

Originally posted by cpawstoney View Post

At this point in the season EVERYONE wants to knock us off. There will be no easy games.
                Agree with this comment. Every opponent from here out will bring the maximum intensity it can. No easy games at all, despite what the naysayers think of the AAC. Go Bearcats!!

Comment

I think the players and coaches step up to the challenge. They know that they need to win and win big. UC 42 Tulsa 7
                  ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

UC 77 Tulsa 3

Comment

Tulsa 17 UC 30

Comment

Tulsa @ UC from the TU perspective:

https://tulsa.rivals.com/news/tulsa-...o-2-cincinnati

And from the Tulsa World:

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colleg...89c66202f.html
                        Last edited by swilsonsp4; 11-05-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I think the Bearcat Nuclear Bomb is going to explode today. This is the day for the perfect storm.

UC: 47
                          Tulsa: 13

B.C.
                          "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

If anyone gets an update on the Ford injury, can you let us know?

Comment

Can't not score on drives if they are going to let Tulsa dunk and dunk down the field like that.
                              Last edited by Josh Rexhausen; 11-06-2021, 05:51 PM.
                              Josh Rexhausen
                              CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X