Tulsa 11/6 3:30 ESPN2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg7173 View Post

Well we did in quarters 1 and 3.........
    Actually for the 1st quarter and for the first 6 minutes of the 3rd.

Comment

Here's the write up on post game comments from ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...t-style-points
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Enquirer:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...lf/6282895001/
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Athletic: ($) with a breakdown of the goalline stands

https://theathletic.com/2939566/2021...in-over-tulsa/
          Last edited by Lobot; 11-07-2021, 10:24 AM.
          Brent Wyrick
          92 Final Four Front Row
          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The CFP committee has enough reasons to justify excluding UC with its performance over the last three games. As much as it pains me to write it, this is not a playoff caliber team. Finish the season undefeated and play in a NY6 bowl is the best UC can hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by London 'Cat View Post
              The CFP committee has enough reasons to justify excluding UC with its performance over the last three games. As much as it pains me to write it, this is not a playoff caliber team. Finish the season undefeated and play in a NY6 bowl is the best UC can hope for.
              You may be right. We certainly didn’t look like a top team last night. In spite of MSU losing, I don’t think we move up. We may very well move down with Mich and Mich St both above us.
              ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Mississippi State is holding tryouts from students for a new kicker after missing 3 FG's yesterday? I was praying our game did not go into overtime. Our kicker could very easily cost us in a situation against good teams down the line.

Comment

Look, we have to understand that we are getting the best from every team we play. All week we heard Tulsa ranting about how we used Covid to duck playing down there last year. They were super fired up to play us. Unfortunately, a team like that will probably not play with that intensity any other time this year. We're leaving the league for the Big XII, which adds an extra level of motivation (hatred) for everybody we play. I hope at least some on the committee realize that, but they probably won't. It's up to our coaching to realize this and get the team to realize it. USF will be ready.

Play calling and schemes have not been optimal, which didn't really matter early when we were blowing out everybody, but the refusal to adjust on defense and the incongruity of the plays on offense are hurting this team. This team needs to play with greater intelligence and urgency, and coach better. After we got up 28-12, the offensive play calling and execution was awful. Maybe we should stop throwing the ball 40 yards down the field when what we really need is first downs, especially with our defense playing poorly and our #1 running back out. It was a poor deep throw decision that cost us a win in the Peach Bowl as I recall.

Comment

The deep throw in the Peach Bowl was not the reason for the loss. It was poor clock management. We could have run out the game.

Comment

The deep throw stopped the clock. Sliding down with nobody open was the right call.

Comment

Well if we are going to bring up the Peach Bowl, the targeting call on Hudson and his subsequent disqualification was the root cause of us losing the Peach Bowl. But I do agree that our offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Ridder is much better this year with the long ball but you can't keep depending upon the receivers to make all-star catches.

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg7173;n385385]Well if we are going to bring up the Peach Bowl, the targeting call on Hudson and his subsequent disqualification was the root cause of us losing the Peach Bowl. But I do agree that our offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Ridder is much better this year with the long ball but you can't keep depending upon the receivers to make all-star catches.[/QUOTE

I saw more than one key long ball pass that should have been caught and would not have been all-star catches.

Comment

Speaking of dropped passes, anyone know how many we had yesterday? Seemed Like Young had 4 and Pierce had a couple.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                              UC has had three relatively close games in their last three outings. As I have stated, the ECU game there, to finish the season, scares me to death. Tulsa is better than their record indicates. Tulsa was nearly tied with O$U at halftime.

B.C.
                              All of their remaining games scare me based on the way we have played the last three weeks. The question I have is what are we going to do when we get in the Big 12? We are supposed to be the cream of the crop in the American but struggle with these teams. What about when we start playing West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Iowa State and Kansas State?
                              Last edited by Bearcats1232002; 11-07-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
                                What about when we start playing West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Iowa State and Kansas State?
                                I would hope our recruiting would pick up.
                                Josh Rexhausen
                                CE'99

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X