Portal People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal People

Justin Williams is reporting that Marcelo Mendiola will transfer. OL from the class of 2019. Not sure he ever saw the field to be honest
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Second-year WR Marquez Bell into the portal https://gobearcats.com/sports/footba...ez--bell/10094

Comment

Is this the title of that new horror movie about the undead football players?
      Josh Rexhausen
      CE'99

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Rexhausen View Post
        Is this the title of that new horror movie about the undead football players?
        I was being "creative" the other night.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

The portal has been very good to the cats. I don't think they would be in the CFP if not for the transfers adding much needed help.

Comment

Well we picked up one.

Ryan Coe is headed here from the University of Delaware. More importantly he’s a kicker with a solid resume’. He has 2 years of eligibility left.
            Last edited by Lobot; 12-07-2021, 03:14 PM.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
              Well we picked up one.

Ryan Coe is headed here from the University of Delaware. More importantly he’s a kicker with a solid resume’. He has 2 years of eligibility left.
              Groovy - hoping for a kicker - groovy

Comment

With all due respect to Cole Smith, the jokes write themselves. Drop the "L" and you get Coe.

In all seriousness, I appreciate Cole's efforts through the years including some big kicks (Tulsa last year) and too bad it hasn't gone so well this year for him and I guess the kickers in general.

Comment

Originally posted by leo from jersey View Post

Groovy - hoping for a kicker - groovy
                  https://chrissailerkicking.com/playe...e?player=10937

a 51 yarder in this one. Second half surge paves 22-10 win over Delaware | Sports | breezejmu.org

Comment

Rumors are flying that QB Bo Nix of Auburn could be grad transferring to UC. He's down to UC and UCF. You'd think he would be a better fit at UCF since Gus Malzahn was his coach for 3 years at Auburn.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about this. You've got Evan Prater back there who knows the offense already and Nix was very streaky at Auburn.

Here's his career stats:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...4567218/bo-nix
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We also have the kid from Tennessee who was darn near perfect this past season.

Comment

There is another QB in the portal that would be worth looking at if we're looking at a stop gap before Prater. Kedon Slovis at USC just went in to the portal yesterday. He's got 2 years left.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Not sure I want him unless the coaching staff doesn't think Prater is ready... he's been around a few years and was a very highly rated recruit when we landed him. I'd be worried of him going into the portal if we bring someone else in to take his spot.

Comment

Now the portal is full of QB’s . Zach Calzada from A&M is now in the portal as well.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca2099 View Post
                              Not sure I want him unless the coaching staff doesn't think Prater is ready... he's been around a few years and was a very highly rated recruit when we landed him. I'd be worried of him going into the portal if we bring someone else in to take his spot.
                              You can never have too many QBs ready and capable of stepping in. Prater is poised to take the starting role, but also hasn't had a lot of snaps. Competition is a good thing. If Slovis opted for UC over USC, I think our staff would have the conversation.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X