No announcement yet.

Central Florida 10/29 3:30 ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a coaching loss. I like Fickell as a recruiter but not much as a coach/play caller. We are going to get crushed in B12 play.
    Last edited by Bearcat93; 10-29-2022, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
      This was a coaching loss. I like Fickell as a recruiter but not much as a coach/play caller. We are going to get crushed in B12 play.
      You just stated that the coach who took the first ever Group of 5 team into the College Football Playoffs is not much of a coach...pretty laughable.

Comment

Oh, and ya, he's also the winningest coach in program history...but ya, he's a terrible coach.

I know people are emotional and a little disappointed in the loss, but step back a little. Coach Fick is one of the best coaches in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAirborne View Post
          Oh, and ya, he's also the winningest coach in program history...but ya, he's a terrible coach.

I know people are emotional and a little disappointed in the loss, but step back a little. Coach Fick is one of the best coaches in the country.
          Coach Fick can recruit and I love the program’s player development under Coach Fick. That Notre Dame win was ginormous! But other than that game, who have we beaten in the last five years?
          My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

We are not top 25 team. If not for those 2 redzone fumbles by UCF it would have over at the end of third quarter. Bad play calling on last drive by def. coaches. At about 47 yards line UCF were on 3rd down with 7 yards to get, we had corner giving 10 yard cushion no blitz, he kept on going back receiver beyond 5 yards first down hook left with still 10 yard cushion easy completion. I agree with lot of you, can not beat ECU and Tulane. In Big 12 at the bottom.

Comment

I think they will recover and likely win the remainder of their games. This loss will cause them to change some of the offensive tendencies and shore up the shoddy run defense UC has been playing lately. I hope they do reconsider putting in some plays for Prater as Bryant is simply too immobile to move the team unless the line plays well.

Comment

UCF had 200 more yards of offense than we had. They have a QB who can run. The better team won today. Question.... if UC, UCF, and Tulane all have one AAC Conference loss, what two teams play for the championship?

B.C.
                "A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

Probably time to start thinking about rotating Bryant/Prater throughout the game, at least

Penalties galore again, the o-line was bad, and the defensive collapse at the end were disappointing. They looked tired in the 4th on D.

Comment

Time to get rid of KC. He was horrendous at OSU and doesn't coach his guess to turn their head to the ball, and instead face guard. If we don't have the schemes or DBs to be able to play press coverage 7 games into the year, that's on coaching.

UCF is 6th in the country in rushing. Anyone want to tell me what film and prep was done, because it looked like nothing. Guys are soft and there is zero leadership in that locker room from a player standpoint.

Why do we continue to not blitz our LBs like Pace, bur yet he runs straight forward into blocks taking himself out of every run play?

So much to question even before getting to personnel. Looks to me like the coaches have no game plan every week with continue penalties, lack of imagination in game planning, etc.

Hopefully they turn it around but defense couldnt get a stop when we needed and theboffense once again showed up for 2 qtrs for about the 4th straight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cincatz13 View Post
                      Time to get rid of KC. He was horrendous at OSU and doesn't coach his guess to turn their head to the ball, and instead face guard. If we don't have the schemes or DBs to be able to play press coverage 7 games into the year, that's on coaching.

UCF is 6th in the country in rushing. Anyone want to tell me what film and prep was done, because it looked like nothing. Guys are soft and there is zero leadership in that locker room from a player standpoint.

Why do we continue to not blitz our LBs like Pace, bur yet he runs straight forward into blocks taking himself out of every run play?

So much to question even before getting to personnel. Looks to me like the coaches have no game plan every week with continue penalties, lack of imagination in game planning, etc.

Hopefully they turn it around but defense couldnt get a stop when we needed and theboffense once again showed up for 2 qtrs for about the 4th straight game.

And I watch the game and I don’t understand these types of post. Your outrage is targeted towards the defense? Gino Dooley is awful. The red zone inaptitude. The third down in efficiency as well as getting out produced by 200 yards. 21 points is not enough to beat a good team on the road. Holding a team to 24 points, you should win.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporateballa View Post

And I watch the game and I don’t understand these types of post. Your outrage is targeted towards the defense? Gino Dooley is awful. The red zone inaptitude. The third down in efficiency as well as getting out produced by 200 yards. 21 points is not enough to beat a good team on the road. Holding a team to 24 points, you should win.
                        Did you watch a defense that couldn't tackle and gave up 258 yards of rushing? Your 200 yard difference is all rushing yards. Tell me what offensively could be done when you take a lead with 3:08 left and your defense let's then go right down field in 2.5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cincatz13 View Post

Did you watch a defense that couldn't tackle and gave up 258 yards of rushing? Your 200 yard difference is all rushing yards. Tell me what offensively could be done when you take a lead with 3:08 left and your defense let's then go right down field in 2.5 minutes.
                          UCF is far superior to us. The game shouldn’t of even been this closed except for two Redzone gifts by them. This season is over. All we are playing for is some BS December bowl. We’re going to have 3 to 5 losses after everything is said and done. We could be undefeated if the right personnel was on the field that’s what stings.
                          Last edited by Corporateballa; 10-29-2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

We are not the same team as a year ago. We lost a large group of play makers to the NFL. Coach Fickel is the hottest young coach in the country. We’re in the Big 12 with a strong future. I hate to lose as much as anyone, but this is a well respected national program. Relax fellas, we’re going to win out and go to a bowl game at year end.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB View Post
                              We are not the same team as a year ago. We lost a large group of play makers to the NFL. Coach Fickel is the hottest young coach in the country. We’re in the Big 12 with a strong future. I hate to lose as much as anyone, but this is a well respected national program. Relax fellas, we’re going to win out and go to a bowl game at year end.
                              I’m relaxed. Everything you said is true except for this team winning out. That’s not going to happen. The home win streak ends this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliftonite View Post
                                Probably time to start thinking about rotating Bryant/Prater throughout the game, at least

Penalties galore again, the o-line was bad, and the defensive collapse at the end were disappointing. They looked tired in the 4th on D.

No change in QB to be expected and ridiculous penalties continue…..there’s way too much talent on this team to be barely beating subpar talent and losing to Arkansas & UCF.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X