No announcement yet.

Navy 11/5 4:00 ESPNU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also.... am I the only amazed by The Godfather... if he is THIS good already... wow.

Comment

^^ love that reference. The delay of game penalties in the second half need to stop. No excuses. We are noticing that teams are focusing on stopping the run to force Ben to beat them. He does just enough to do just that. A handful of dropped passes again today. One cost us a TD.
      Cincinnati Defeats Navy 20-10 - University of Cincinnati Athletics (gobearcats.com)
      Last edited by bearcatbret; 11-05-2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BorisTheCat View Post
        Also.... am I the only amazed by The Godfather... if he is THIS good already... wow.
        He's having a great season. Funny thing is he was not slated to be the starter at the beginning of the year.
        Brent Wyrick
        92 Final Four Front Row
        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

I am surprised and disappointed that we can't run the ball.....on anybody! I thought our O line was pretty good coming into the season. Even in the games where we have a decent rushing number, it mostly comes from 1 play for long yardage. When we need to maintain possession and run clock we are unable to do so. We continually throw the ball on 3rd and 1 or two. Not sure if this is scheme, talent on O line, or talent at running back. Announcers have indicated we are tipping our hand on running plays with predictable motion. Teams we haven't been able to run on, are getting run over by other teams. I would like to think that if we lined up with Navy talent, and threw the ball only as much as they do, that we would have the talent to maul them, but without our passing game we wouldn't have won yesterday.

Comment

Agree completely with RedDog. Except for isolated big plays, we can't run the ball at all. Don't understand why, but I'm not a coach. It would be nice to be able to pick up consistent yardage on the ground.

It was nice to see Lorenz playing yesterday. Has he been hurt? I had been wondering what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog View Post
              I am surprised and disappointed that we can't run the ball.....on anybody! I thought our O line was pretty good coming into the season. Even in the games where we have a decent rushing number, it mostly comes from 1 play for long yardage. When we need to maintain possession and run clock we are unable to do so. We continually throw the ball on 3rd and 1 or two. Not sure if this is scheme, talent on O line, or talent at running back. Announcers have indicated we are tipping our hand on running plays with predictable motion. Teams we haven't been able to run on, are getting run over by other teams. I would like to think that if we lined up with Navy talent, and threw the ball only as much as they do, that we would have the talent to maul them, but without our passing game we wouldn't have won yesterday.
              Hard to run when they stack the box and force you to pass. We've seen that from defenses 4 weeks in a row. The passing game is not terribly effective either without Tyler Scott on the field. Scott stretchs the defense and opens other things up for the rest of the receiving corps.
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Here's the Box score:

https://gobearcats.com/documents/2022/11/5/31407.PDF
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Since we were talking about defense. here's something Justin Williams wrote before the Navy game. ($)

https://theathletic.com/3749472/2022...8&redirected=1
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

What’s the deal with Kiner not playing? Zero snaps last week, 1 carry late in the game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                      What’s the deal with Kiner not playing? Zero snaps last week, 1 carry late in the game yesterday.
                      He's been passed on the depth chart and when we we're not running well to begin with, there's no reason for him to be out there. McClelland and Montgomery are RB1 and RB2 right now.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

It’s still curious though when you compare Montgomery’s production vs Kiner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat93 View Post
                          It’s still curious though when you compare Montgomery’s production vs Kiner.
                          I agree. I don't have any further insight on it but there's always the possiblity that he hasn't totally digested the playbook yet since he came in after spring ball. Also there's the possiblity that's he's missing pass blocking assignments.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Post game from Justin W. : ($)

https://theathletic.com/3759538/2022...navy-football/
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              This article answers a couple of question that folks asked in the thread. I'm paraphrasing but Kiner was a part of the game plan yesterday and they changed the game plan to match the game situation. Part of his not playing much was in fact pass protection related.

Metz was healthy for the first time since spring. They finally mentioned it was an ankle injury. I suppose when you are 6'9 and 330+, that becomes a healing issue.
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X