Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll find out all about Prater now.

Comment

Prater will get better with experience but it’s obvious why Bryant was the starter all year.
      ...a fountain of eternal youth, a tower of strength, a rock of truth...

Comment

24 should be enough to win…..Def lost this one

Comment

Found out about Prater over the last 38 minutes. He can't read a defense, is afraid to throw the ball, and has zero accuracy. Dude waits until someone is open to throw instead of reading routes. Holds way too long and then tucks and runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cincatz13 View Post
            Found out about Prater over the last 38 minutes. He can't read a defense, is afraid to throw the ball, and has zero accuracy. Dude waits until someone is open to throw instead of reading routes. Holds way too long and then tucks and runs.
            Bingo! He's been in the program long enough to get better if he was going to do so. Wish Bryant had Prater's mobiity. Better search the portal.

Comment

What sucks is Prater made a great throw on the last play, should have been at least a first down if not a touchdown on 4th and 15. Tyler Scott will have to live with that one for a long time.

Comment

I’m not soured on Prater totally after that game but man he’s got to get the ball down if he’s going to play. The athletic ability is there. He needs more reps to develop some pocket awareness in a big way.

The broadcasters were right that he visually waits until the receiver is open rather than throwing to the spot where the receiver should be.

He reminds me of sophomore Des Ridder except he jukes on runs instead of just striding. Needs to get North and South on his runs. He runs to make guys miss instead running for yards that are there in front of him.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

We are not top 25 team proved again today. Now we know why Prater was not a starting QB. He missed open guys, not a quick thinking guy not aware of his surrounding he is just a running QB who can throw off and on. we need to look someone new for next year. Defense was also not good.Tulane was not a good looking team either. This team in Big 12 you are looking 3-4 wins.

Comment

Yeah that last drop was 6 points

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      I’m not soured on Prater totally after that game but man he’s got to get the ball down if he’s going to play. The athletic ability is there. He needs more reps to develop some pocket awareness in a big way.

The broadcasters were right that he visually waits until the receiver is open rather than throwing to the spot where the receiver should be.

He reminds me of sophomore Des Ridder except he jukes on runs instead of just striding. Needs to get North and South on his runs. He runs to make guys miss instead running for yards that are there in front of him.
                      There’s a bowl game of some sort waiting. Get a chance to see if his second start is any better than his first.

Comment

So now we wait and hope UCF blows it in an away rivalry game and see if Houston loses. That’s the only path the AAC Championship now.

Don’t be surprised if Whyle, Taylor and other guys with pro prospects opt of the bowl game. Especially if it’s a lesser game. They should do just that rather than risk injury before a possible big payday.
                        Brent Wyrick
                        92 Final Four Front Row
                        @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Clearly a disappointing loss. Prater reminds me of Ridder in his first and second year. More time and coaching and he will get better. The defense came up with some stops. Just not enough and for a second time gave up the game winning drive - this time on long passes where receivers were wide open. This just was not a magic season. A good one but not what we became used to. It's too bad the AAC bowls suck. We can look forward to better bowls when we don't win everything in the Big12. As far as getting to the AAC championship, I'm not holding much hope. And even if we do, I don't think there is enough talent to win.

Comment

Wow, Tyler Scott had nothing but open green space ahead of him.... Oh well, I honestly think Tulane was the better team. I remember days when finishing 9-3 and going to a bowl game was never a thought, much less a reality. Prater looked good on the run, but passing marginal (IMHO). Great potential though.

Let's hope we get a good mid level bowl (Liberty, Music City, Outback, etc.....), and finish the season 10-3.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

For selfish reasons, I honestly didn't want to go-to the cotton bowl again... I was just there!! What are the chances and how do we get to the liberty bowl? That was the most fun I've had at a bowl game so far. Beale street on new years is a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post
                                Wow, Tyler Scott had nothing but open green space ahead of him.... Oh well, I honestly think Tulane was the better team. I remember days when finishing 9-3 and going to a bowl game was never a thought, much less a reality. Prater looked good on the run, but passing marginal (IMHO). Great potential though.

Let's hope we get a good mid level bowl (Liberty, Music City, Outback, etc.....), and finish the season 10-3.

B.C.
                                I don’t think any of those Bowl are options for us unless they request us. The AAC does not currently have Bowl tie-ins with any of them. If we fall from a 1st tier bowl we’re likely headed to Shreveport, Birmingham , Boston or Annapolis
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X