Transfer portal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by longtimefan View Post

Right, not enough to see either way. Obviously it would have been great if he had lit it up and seized the job. He still has the tools, and should compete to be the starter. Interesting spring camp ahead.
    I do not want to get into a QB starter argument because, I hope that the coaches have enough knowledge to insert the right man for the job. However, I keep seeing many saying that Prater had 2 sample sizes to be judged on. Those two sample sizes were the two best defenses that UC saw all year. What would he have done against the weakest opponents that Ben was allowed to see?

Comment

• I bet some on the bucknuts forum are questioning this signing. tosu signs MAC kicker that went 1 for 2 this year. Ohio State adds MAC kicker from transfer portal (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post

I do not want to get into a QB starter argument because, I hope that the coaches have enough knowledge to insert the right man for the job. However, I keep seeing many saying that Prater had 2 sample sizes to be judged on. Those two sample sizes were the two best defenses that UC saw all year. What would he have done against the weakest opponents that Ben was allowed to see?
        Praters sample size for the fans to evaluate is irrelevant. It was 2 games, one huge with championship ramifications and a bowl game that can hardly be counted at all under the circumstances. The sample size that matters is 2 years worth of practices and evaluation by the coaching staff. Despite emotional pleas on this site to play Prater, Ben was clearly the better option and I think we have seen the logic in that decision. Its time to put the Prater/Bryant comparison for this season to bed. EP has however earned the right to compete fairly for the job next season and the guy who gives us the best chance to win should start. In the new staffs eyes however, EP might be going into the evaluation in 4th place, so the task will be very challenging for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcatbret View Post
          I bet some on the bucknuts forum are questioning this signing. tosu signs MAC kicker that went 1 for 2 this year. Ohio State adds MAC kicker from transfer portal (msn.com)
          He is a preferred walk on.

Comment

• Don't get started on Christmas y'all
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• If this doesn't list top rated remaining transfer portal players, select 2023 and uncommitted. My wish list starts with WR, CB, and S, with WR time 3

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...us=uncommitted
              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• Offer to Keyonteze "Tez" Johnson, a WR out of Troy.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Offer to Davon Sears, a DL out of Texas State
                  Brent Wyrick
                  92 Final Four Front Row
                  @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Joe Huber has entered the portal
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                      Offer out to Christy Nkanu, a DL from Southern Utah University.
                      Not in his final 5
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Offered Derek Bowman, who was was listed as a RS freshman (third year though...) OL for Houston
                        https://twitter.com/DerekBowman71/st...57765350416391
                        https://uhcougars.com/sports/footbal...ek-bowman/6866

Comment

• Offered Joshua Cobbs, WR from Wyoming U
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Sterling Berkhalter has received an offer . WR Transfer from NC A&T
                            Last edited by Lobot; 12-27-2022, 04:33 PM.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Sterling Berkhalter has received an offer . WR Transfer from NC A&T
                              Princeton High School product https://ncataggies.com/sports/footba...erkhalter/3364

28 catches, 414 yards, 2 TDs this year as a sophomore.
                              Last edited by Lobot; 12-27-2022, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post

Princeton High School product https://ncataggies.com/sports/footba...erkhalter/3364

28 catches, 414 yards, 2 TDs this year as a sophomore.
                                I went to school with his dad but haven't seen him in years. Kid's got good height at 6'4.
                                Last edited by Lobot; 12-27-2022, 04:49 PM.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X