• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DB, freshman Jonah Lytle to the portal
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...40/jonah-lytle
    https://twitter.com/jonahlytle_/stat...81985072939009

Comment

• @Williams_Justin:

#Bearcats QB Ben Bryant has entered transfer portal, @TheAthleticCFB has learned.

Source said Bryant wants to explore options, but is keeping open possibility of returning to UC to compete for starting job.

Satterfield does not intend to name starter ahead of preseason camp.

Comment

• I think this is the right thing. He doesn’t possess the skill set that Satterfield (at least what’s been said) looks for to run an offense. Let’s see Emory & Evan compete with Brady Drogosh in the mix, too. Admittedly, I have no knowledge of Brady L’s skills, not trying to leave him out of the mix but maybe he’s in there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
          @Williams_Justin:

#Bearcats QB Ben Bryant has entered transfer portal, @TheAthleticCFB has learned.

Source said Bryant wants to explore options, but is keeping open possibility of returning to UC to compete for starting job.

Satterfield does not intend to name starter ahead of preseason camp.
          Is Bryant a grad transfer who won't need to sit? He has already transferred twice.
          Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

• You know, I understand why Bryant was the starter last year. I had no problem with him coming back this year. But for crying out loud, he has already left once. To say he is putting his name in the portal but is open to coming back is just extremely tacky and disrespectful to the guys who actually want to be a Bearcat and to Bearcat fans. It is time to go now. At this point, I would rather see Corleone switch positions and play quarterback than another year of a player who has no interest in being here.

Comment

• I'm leaning towards agreeing with UC4me. It's like he knows or don't have the confidence to win the starting job or fits what Satterfield is wanting to do. I say it's time to move on from BB, and let the remaining QB's compete for the job. The fact that EP didn't enter the portal after the coaching change speaks volumes about his desire to be a bearcat to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rufus View Post
                I'm leaning towards agreeing with UC4me. It's like he knows or don't have the confidence to win the starting job or fits what Satterfield is wanting to do. I say it's time to move on from BB, and let the remaining QB's compete for the job. The fact that EP didn't enter the portal after the coaching change speaks volumes about his desire to be a bearcat to me.
                Agree with both of you. Once you enter the portal, do not expect to be welcomed back. He was not listed in the Big 12 evaluation of starting QBs. That may be an indication.

Comment

• Originally posted by UC4me View Post
                  You know, I understand why Bryant was the starter last year. I had no problem with him coming back this year. But for crying out loud, he has already left once. To say he is putting his name in the portal but is open to coming back is just extremely tacky and disrespectful to the guys who actually want to be a Bearcat and to Bearcat fans. It is time to go now. At this point, I would rather see Corleone switch positions and play quarterback than another year of a player who has no interest in being here.
                  Ben is the slowest QB in the nation. I wish him well, but he is using UC, with his twice leaving. He will likely end up at a N. Texas State or a SE Missouri.

B.C.

"A veteran of the Humanitarian Bowl, 1997!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Chris View Post

Ben is the slowest QB in the nation. I wish him well, but he is using UC, with his twice leaving. He will likely end up at a N. Texas State or a SE Missouri.

B.C.
                    i think the first leaving was a setup with CLF and his gang - i think BB was basically promised the starting gig last year, if he transferred back to uc. it just never sat well with me - regardless of the merits (BB vs EP), i don't EP ever had a fair chance to win the job last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.A.H. View Post

i think the first leaving was a setup with CLF and his gang - i think BB was basically promised the starting gig last year, if he transferred back to uc. it just never sat well with me - regardless of the merits (BB vs EP), i don't EP ever had a fair chance to win the job last year.
                      The first time he left it was for playing time with the expectation of returning after Ridder graduated. That was planned by the staff.

Prater definitely did not get a fair shake last year because Bryant was promised the starting QB spot if he came back. That promise was made by Gino Guidugli.

Ben Bryant is not a fit for Satterfield's offense in any way, shape or form. This is a dual threat QB offense and Ben is definitely not that. That said, I expect him to return to UC simply becuase he's already transferred twice and would most likely need a waiver to play elsewhere at this point unless he drops down a division. If I'm not mistaken, the logistics simply don't work. He would be better off just retiring from football after his injury and moving on with his life IMO.
                      Last edited by Lobot; 04-21-2023, 03:07 PM.
                      Brent Wyrick
                      92 Final Four Front Row
                      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• @ChadBrendel: Source tells me Cincinnati LB Cam Junior has entered the transfer portal

Comment

• Evan Prater has been given an absolute fair shot, he just ain’t it. Please…talk to people close to or within the program. Evan still isn’t close to being a starting QB and might never be.

Emory Jones…smh. It’s gonna be a frustrating season for you guys with Emory as the gunslinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

The first time he left it was for playing time with the expectation of returning after Ridder graduated. That was planned by the staff.

He would be better off just retiring from football after his injury and moving on with his life IMO.
                            What a completely disrespectful thing to say. Especially for someone who manages this forum. Maybe he wants to get another degree. Maybe he has been asked to be a senior mentor or leader. Maybe he just wants to be a part of team.

When Munchie Leaguex came back from a bad injury all we heard “how brave”. Why wouldn’t you say the same about Ben?

Comment

• Guys, Travis Kelce came in as a QB. He is now an all-pro tight end. Any chance getting Prater on the field in another position? I think that a lot of us are frustrated that all of his athleticism is being left on the sidelines. I also believe that a kid from Colerain came in as a QB and turned into one of the best Bearcat receivers we have had.

If you recall, Tony Pike sat the bench for almost his entire career and almost quit football. He had one heck of a senior year and ended up playing in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat1518 View Post

What a completely disrespectful thing to say. Especially for someone who manages this forum. Maybe he wants to get another degree. Maybe he has been asked to be a senior mentor or leader. Maybe he just wants to be a part of team.

When Munchie Leaguex came back from a bad injury all we heard “how brave”. Why wouldn’t you say the same about Ben?
                                Ok, maybe he does want to get another degree. Maybe he was asked to be a senior mentor or leader. Maybe he does want to be a part of team. All these would be great if he hadn't voluntarily gone into the portal and because he did, they don't really make sense with the exception of the degree.

I don't have any ill will towards Ben at all. He's a good QB and has always been a team player. I just don't think this is the right place for him to continue if he wants to come back from injury and play again because he's a bad match for the incoming offensive scheme.

I don't expect Ben to to quit but sometimes being "brave" isn't really in your best interest when you have other career options available. He's graduating with a masters degree this spring if I'm not mistaken.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X