No announcement yet.

Football Staff changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to Gino. He is one of my favorite "hometown heroes". Maybe he will get his first experience at HC during the next few years and then return to UC.

Comment

@BruceFeldmanCFB

SOURCE: Cincinnati is hiring Louisville DC Bryan Brown as its new defensive coordinator. The 39-year old former Ole Miss DB was with Scott Satterfield when they had a Top 5 D at App State, and this year U of L was No. 2 in the nation in sacks & No. 3 in takeaways.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
        @BruceFeldmanCFB

SOURCE: Cincinnati is hiring Louisville DC Bryan Brown as its new defensive coordinator. The 39-year old former Ole Miss DB was with Scott Satterfield when they had a Top 5 D at App State, and this year U of L was No. 2 in the nation in sacks & No. 3 in takeaways.
        groovy very groovy now recruit recruit recruit

Comment

I do hope Gino comes back someday, he was one of the greats before the team was also great. I'll never forget the game we had O$U on the ropes and would have won save for some dropped TD passes in the endzone at the end of the game, OSU went on to win it all that year.

Comment

@BruceFeldmanCFB

@BruceFeldmanCFB
            SOURCES: Louisville QB coach Pete Thomas is expected to follow Scott Satterfield to Cincinnati. He helped develop Malik Cunningham who accounted for 59 TDs the past two YRs & had just 11 INTs. The San Diego native also recruited three Top 250 players out of CA for UL this year.

Comment

@BruceFeldmanCFB
              SOURCES: Louisville QB coach Pete Thomas is expected to follow Scott Satterfield to Cincinnati. He helped develop Malik Cunningham who accounted for 59 TDs the past two YRs & had just 11 INTs. The San Diego native also recruited three Top 250 players out of CA for UL this year.
              He sounds like he can help.

Comment

This is a good thing for the development of Evan Prater if in fact Prater stays put.
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

This is kind of a smorgasbord of info. What staff is leaving, who may stay, who may come from Louisville and which players are opting out. I have to wonder if some of the lessor paid staff that are leaving with Fickel realize that they will no longer be feeding into their PERS. Three UC assistants leave for Luke Fickell's Wisconsin staff; Josh Whyle declares for draft (yahoo.com)

Comment

Nic Cardwell will be on staff as the OL coach. I'm assuming this means Cummings is moving on.
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

https://footballscoop.com/news/cinci...tt-satterfield

Per sources with direct knowledge, Satterfield already is bringing with him Bryan Brown, Nic Cardwell, Derek Nicholson and Pete Thomas in terms of assistant coaches with on-field roles.

Additionally, one of Satterfield’s top off-the-field staffers– Mark Speir – as well as recruiting and scouting coordinator Carter Wilson also are joining the Cincinnati staff for Satterfield’s inaugural year.

Comment

Various outlets reporting Louisville RB coach De'Rail Sims is joining the UC staff

Comment

Various outlets reporting Louisville RB coach De'Rail Sims is joining the UC staff
                          So -- borrowing this from @StewieGilchrist on Twitter:

Head Coach -- Scott Satterfield (via Louisville)
                          OC - _______
                          QB coach - Pete Thomas (via Louisville)
                          RB coach - De'Rail Sims (via Louisville)
                          WR - _______
                          TE - _______
                          OL - Nic Cardwell (via Louisville)
                          DC - Bryan Brown (via Louisville)
                          DL - _______
                          LB - Derek Nicholson (via Louisville)
                          DB - _______
                          Special Teams - _______
                          Strength Coach - _______

Comment

Well I mean It doesn't appear Gino is staying but You still have Coombs and Walt Stewart out there. Satterfield wants to hang on to Coombs for recruiting but hasn't said anything about Walter or Gino to my knowledge.
                            Brent Wyrick
                            92 Final Four Front Row
                            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lobot View Post
                              Well I mean It doesn't appear Gino is staying but You still have Coombs and Walt Stewart out there. Satterfield wants to hang on to Coombs for recruiting but hasn't said anything about Walter or Gino to my knowledge.
                              It looked like Walt was on a recruiting trip with Bryan Brown yesterday. I can't find the twitter tweet, but they had boarded plane together. That bodes well for Walt staying or says a lot about him honoring his contract/loving the program through Dec 31st.
                              Red and Black are more of an Attitude than merely a color combination.

Intimidate! Dominate! Celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by red_n_black_attack View Post

It looked like Walt was on a recruiting trip with Bryan Brown yesterday. I can't find the twitter tweet, but they had boarded plane together. That bodes well for Walt staying or says a lot about him honoring his contract/loving the program through Dec 31st.
                                Brown was on a plane to ATL yesterday. A fan on the plane got a pic of it. Said fan was the reason I knew we would be playing a 3-4 defense. He asked Brown on the plane.
                                Brent Wyrick
                                92 Final Four Front Row
                                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X