Coach Scott Satterfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RedDog View Post

I need to clarify my comments for you and London.
    I was not endorsing Gino, just stating that we invested an extra 3.5M in Satt by paying his buyout, hoping that hes the right guy. I hope we are dang sure because if there was doubt, we could have stayed internal and gone with Gino the known entity with no buyout cost if we were gonna roll the dice. $3.5M is still a lot of money and we don't have endlessly deep pockets. Its probably 3X what we will get for this years bowl game and thats before conference sharing. The money from Wisc was nice but it would have been great if it wasn't a swap that we then had to send to Louisville.
    By the way, if I am reading things right, Deion is paying his own buyout not Colorado. Thats the way it should be so these coaches have some vested interest in honoring their contracts, but thats just not the world we live in anymore.
    I hope that clarifies my comments. Sorry it wasn't clearer initially.
    That 3.5M came from Fickell's buyout. Net zero for UC.
    Brent Wyrick
    92 Final Four Front Row
    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Here's something you didn't see coming. Satterfield's twitter handle is stuck as CoachSattUofL because Elon Musk is an insecure crybaby and couldn't handle being trolled by people impersonating him. Nobody with a verified account can change the name and handle on their accounts right now due to this.
      Brent Wyrick
      92 Final Four Front Row
      @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• FYI. Adam Rittenberg of ESPN wrote the following about Satterfield:

"Although Satterfield's departure is abrupt, he never seemed long for the Louisville job. Things haven't been great since 2019, when Satterfield won ACC Coach of the Year honors in his first season there. Satterfield's dalliance with South Carolina in December 2020 stung Louisville fans, a group of whom would never forgive him. Still, the Cardinals recruited well throughout the summer, returned talented quarterback Malik Cunningham and seemingly had a chance to challenge in the ACC...... He is a good coach who went 51-24 at Appalachian State, his alma mater but always seemed much better suited to a job in his home state of North Carolina."

For what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobot View Post

That 3.5M came from Fickell's buyout. Net zero for UC.
          I understand that and I must be a complete idiot that after 3 tries I can't explain this post.
          Mathematically speaking, $3.5 Wisconsin IN minus 3.5 Louisville OUT = net zero I agree.
          OR 3.5 Wisconsin in, hire Gino and surround him with great assistants, NOTHING out = 3.5M gain for UC

Comment

I understand that and I must be a complete idiot that after 3 tries I can't explain this post.
            Mathematically speaking, $3.5 Wisconsin IN minus 3.5 Louisville OUT = net zero I agree.
            OR 3.5 Wisconsin in, hire Gino and surround him with great assistants, NOTHING out = 3.5M gain for UC
            Gotcha. Sorry, I think that was me and not you.
            Brent Wyrick
            92 Final Four Front Row
            @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• The leadup to the hire By Justin Williams: ($)

https://theathletic.com/3973213/2022...ld-cincinnati/
              Brent Wyrick
              92 Final Four Front Row
              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• ON the hiring from Keith Jenkins :

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...c/69700977007/
                Brent Wyrick
                92 Final Four Front Row
                @LobotC2DFW

Comment

Don't worry - I'm with you! :-)

It's like when you see ads for "Vote for Issue Whatever - it WON'T raise your taxes!!"

Well yes, that is true, but if you DIDN'T vote for it, it would LOWER your taxes. :-)

That doesn't mean it's the right call, since in this case at the end of day, the right person is the right person. If this is a good hire, then we all will not care about the 3.5M that was spent

Comment

• Contract details are out ($)

https://theathletic.com/3975896/2022...shared_article
                    Brent Wyrick
                    92 Final Four Front Row
                    @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Just bring in some great assistant coaches.

Comment

• Assistants being announced:

Newly-hired Cincinnati head coach Scott

Satterfield is filling out his staff with former Louisville defensive coordinator Bryan

Brown and quarterbacks coach Pete

Thomas, according to Bearcat Journal's Chad Brendel and The Athletic's Bruce Feldman. The Bearcats hired Satterfield on Monday after spending the last four seasons with the Cardinals. He replaces Luke Fickell, who accepted the head position at Wisconsin on Nov. 28.

Under Brown's guidance, Louisville's defense finished the regular season tied for No. 2 in the NCAA in turnovers gained (28), No. 2 in sacks per game (3.58) and No. 12 in tackles for loss per game (7.2). With a bowl game left to play, the Cardinals rank No. 19 in the nation in scoring defense (20.2

Opp Pts/G) and No. 34 in yards allowed per game (347.1).

Brown was one of just two current position coaches to be on Satterfield's staff in all four of his vears at Louisville.
                        My son starts UC MedSchool August ‘19 Black/Red

Comment

• An interview with Satterfield ($)

https://theathletic.com/3974608/2022...ti-louisville/
                          Last edited by Lobot; 12-07-2022, 10:56 AM.
                          Brent Wyrick
                          92 Final Four Front Row
                          @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Satterfield zoomed with dozens of alums last night https://twitter.com/CincyFootballLC/...02604894797824

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                              Satterfield zoomed with dozens of alums last night https://twitter.com/CincyFootballLC/...02604894797824
                              Let's see how many people realize what's going on in the pic here. Did you spot it?
                              Brent Wyrick
                              92 Final Four Front Row
                              @LobotC2DFW

Comment

• Originally posted by GoBearcats31 View Post
                                Satterfield zoomed with dozens of alums last night https://twitter.com/CincyFootballLC/...02604894797824
                                Some big names in there. Scrolling down through twitter, I noticed that the AAC logo is now off the turf at Nippert and Corey Kiner is staying.

Comment

Responsive Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X